Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which set do you like better?

TankHealz2015
TankHealz2015
✭✭✭

Discuss:

Tank- PvE- dungeons/trials

As a secondary group support set. Perhaps to run dungeons without a healer (i.e. tank-healz + 3 dps).

These sets would be as jewelry/weapons (not on the body parts)

Almalexia's Mercy Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health

(3 items) Adds 2975 Spell Resistance

(4 items) Adds 2975 Spell Resistance

(5 items) When you take damage, you have a 20% chance to heal you and your allies within 7 meters for 2429 Health. This effect can occur once every 3 seconds.

*** note this actually heals for over 3k due to my champion points and also Wiki says 30% chance to proc, but it's actually 20% chance.

or

Draugr’s Rest Set Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 1096Max Magicka
(3 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
(4 items) Adds 2% Healing Done
(5 items) When you deal damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, you create a circle of consecrated ground that heals you and your allies within 5 meters for 11,000 health over 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Have you experimented with either set?
How did you like it?
On what type of character and environment? (dungeons? Cyridil? battlegrounds? etc)

Thoughts?

PS> PC North America. Willing to Buy: Almalexia shield -- cant find on vendors and already spent too much AP with terrible no luck RNG
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neither. Both are junk.

You want to be a heal tank? Get ebon, SPC and use either sentinel of rekugums or bogdans.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 19, 2018 11:40AM
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Anybody have a helpful response?
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Lightspeedflash. The heal on both sets you listed are too weak compared to other healing sets/skills available. 2.4k (or even 3k) random heal with a 20% chance and a 3 second cooldown is more or less worthless. And 5 meter radius on the other set is also worthless, since that'd only heal - if at all - melee chars standing right next to you. And those take more damage than a 11k heal over 10 seconds can compensate for.

With such weak heals, the DDs are better off using self-heals like on a Warden, Magplar or Magblade and you can fully concentrate on tanking. :) Give your group Dragonknight damage shields instead, for which stacking health is useful.

Or make a Warden heal-tank which have great skills for both roles.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Interesting.

Thank you both for your comments. I add this as a bit of background, so you can see why I;m curious about these sets.

I was looking at Almalexia & Draugr Rest in comparison to Bahara's Curse, Leeching Plate, and Livewire. All three of these sets are popular and powerful. Actually, I love all three of these sets.. just amazing and fun.

and their heal stats (to me) look comparable to the Almalexia and Draugr Rest.

Bahraha's Curse Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 Items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health

(3 Items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka

(4 Items) Take 40% less damage from traps

(4 Items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina

(5 Items) When you deal damage, you have a 25% chance to create desecrated ground for 5 seconds, which reduces the Movment Speed of enemies within by 70%, damages them for 860 Magic Damage every 1 second and heals you for 100% of the damage done.

*** i average about 960 heal per second while this is up..which is always.

Leeching Plate Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health

(3 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken

(4 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken

(5 items) When you take damage, you have a 8% chance to summon a cloud of leeching poison under the attack that deals 1204 Poison Damage in a 4 meter radius every 1 second for 5 seconds and heals you for 100% of the damage caused.

*** this heals for lot more on stam tank due to the CP point distribution.

Livewire Set Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (3 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (4 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (5 items) When you take damage, you have a 25% chance to overload your circuits, applying Concussion to enemies within 8 meters of you and healing for 1000 Health for each enemy hit. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Yes, I have all of the popular "meta" sets: Ebon, Plague Doctor, Dragonguard, Torug's Pact, Etc., Etc., but to be honest, I rarely wear any of them.

Bahara's is almost a 1k heal always up.. but self only.

Leeching Plate is more like 1k - 2k heal almost always up... again self only

Livewire is sometimes biggie heal depending on situation... but again self heal only.

Almalexia is 2k - 3k heal and stays up almost constant... but it helps the group --- if they stay tight with the tank

Draugr Rest is 1k heal basically a small steady HoT -- similar in size to Bahara's but for the group --- if they stay tight on the tank.

Again thank your for your comments. Sometimes things on paper do not reflect reality.

PS: still looking to purchase Almalexia shield cp160, PC-NA- send me a tell or respond here with which vendor to visit... it should be part of the PvP rewards.

Thanks!
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its very low range, that's why. So you need to be stacked a lot. Its possible in some dungeons ofc.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Leeching plate on a Stam nb tank that i was making. couple that with Pariah for kicks and giggles. also, for a nb, that missing health Pariah buff pairs well with Offering so you are technically, tank / healing at the same time.

unfortunately, i dont think offering works with leeching though, i could be wrong, did some testing and it didnt seem to work.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using Draugr's Rest Set on my tank and it's awesome!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/388372/true-magicka-sorcerer-tank-non-selfish-build-4-man-pug#latest

However, I don't think it would keep your party alive, it's just a fun set to run with, but definitely viable for vet hm pledges. Trials and pvp not so much :)
    Edited by troomar on January 21, 2018 9:56AM
    Yes.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Livewire is interesting. Not because the healing but the concussion. My friend uses it when we run vet pledges. It helps our dks to have alot of free whips. For the bigger picture I think you should go with the meta sets.
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    troomar wrote: »
    I'm using Draugr's Rest Set on my tank and it's awesome!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/388372/true-magicka-sorcerer-tank-non-selfish-build-4-man-pug#latest

However, I don't think it would keep your party alive, it's just a fun set to run with, but definitely viable for vet hm pledges. Trials and pvp not so much :)

Awesome build and explanations!!!!

I looked at all these sets and pretty much said: ok trading the secondary effects of: poison DoT, small snare, or concussion for the secondary efffect of group HoT or frequent group healing...

the self healing aspects of all these sets seems pretty comparable.

Each has their pros and cons and depends on situation.

Yeah, Livewire is awesome. great healing and constant concussion. It just depends if or how many other people are already using shock damage.
    shack80 wrote: »
    Livewire is interesting. Not because the healing but the concussion. My friend uses it when we run vet pledges. It helps our dks to have alot of free whips. For the bigger picture I think you should go with the meta sets.

The "meta" only works when most or all of the rest of the team is also running their "meta".
    In other games we called this a "spec build group" -- i.e. specialized build group.

Sure run the meta for guild-vet-trials-timed- for leader boards --- cause everyone in group is running their meta and they all support each others meta. the whole group is synergized.

dungeons, vet hm dungeons... each scenario is different.

Ever run a PUG dungeon -- and see that a dps has 35k health?

different skill players bring different needs.
    sometimes, the healer needs a bit of help, and sometimes the dps needs a bit of help... i try to tailor my secondary set accordingly.

Anyways, hope more people who have actually run with Almalexia or Draugr Rest could add their experiences pros and cons.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almalexia's is better as a group support in PVP, where you can have a lot more allies within 7 meters in a tight group. It won't be bad in dungeons if your group will actually stay close to the tank. That won't happen with PUGs.

Vendor for Almalexia's Mercy: Cropsford Elite Gear Vendor, it'll be RNG if you get a shield.

Neither set will substitute for a group healer. However, if you need to run a tank/healer, I'd suggest you focus on picking a skill to heal the group. Then you can choose a set accordingly. For example, if you are using Vigor, that will benefit from anything that ups your stamina or perhaps a set like Powerful Assault where you'll buff the group every time you use Vigor. If you are using magicka heals, I'd use something that makes you better able to sustain those heals or adds healing done. I'll use Worm's Raiment and Troll King/Sentinel of Rkugamz if I have to play backup healer, but that's because that's what I have on hand.

On my stam sorc tank, I use Vigor to heal the group if they need it (I regularly run with a very squishy DPS) with no changes to my tank gear. On my MagDK, I'll back bar a resto staff if the group thinks they need a back-up healer, usually staying in regular tank gear, maybe swapping to healing gear if we really need a backup healer. Otherwise, when I run with my friends as 3 DDs, they run their own healing with Vigor or Crit Surge or Twilight.
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    I've spent too much AP already with terrible RNG...

[Edit to remove trade offer]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on January 21, 2018 10:02PM
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What class u tankin on, op?
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Nord-DK-Tank

• DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U should be able to mitigate enough dmg coming in to the group by:
    -chaining everything to center and locking em down in talons for maim and faster killing.
    - using ur class bubble and then vigor.

By using dps buffing sets, u will help the crappy dps kill things faster and will have to heal less.
    Keep in mind in the upper echelons of eso gaming skill/knowledge, we dont actually use healers for most of the 4 man content, one or two of the dps throws offheals while tank does his normal thing (using skills instead of armor sets to mitigate/control), bc the tanks shields and vigors are enough.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody have a helpful response?

His response was helpful. Both sets mentioned are not desirable sets for trials. For dungeons it does not matter much for most dungeons, if any, what the tank and healer wear.

It is pretty standard. healers wear SPC and a second set which include sets like Worm, Mending and a few other possibilities and the raid leader will let the healers know what sets are to be worn.

Tanks are pretty standard as well. There is a collection of about half a dozen sets tanks will wear. Ebon is pretty standard that one tank will wear that. The rest, again, depends on what the raid leader wants them to wear which would take into account the trial itself, familiarity with the new trials and his/her personal preferences. This site has useful and helpful information concerning tanking https://woeler.eu/.

FYI, you will never wear that Almealexia shield with a decent trial group. Maybe in just normal trials which like dungeons does not mater much. I would not spend much on such a secondary type setup. In vet trials the tank, well, tanks. Focuses on that role. There are healers to do the healing role. For vet trials it is a poor direction to try to do both and be less efficient altogether.

Edited by idk on January 21, 2018 9:42PM