The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Completed motifs still showing an not learned

Malamar1229
Malamar1229
✭✭✭✭✭
First, the only add-on I run is master merchant. Several motif pages in guild stores are showing up as unlearned yet I know I have completed them. I assume UI bug? Anyway to fix?

Best Answer

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug, and it usually happens with the newer motifs such as Ebonshadow, Apostle and the Reach dungeons.

It has been reported multiple times in the bugs forum, feel free to reply to a thread there, or make another one.

apparently it's not going to be fixed any time soon .. At least it hasn't been fixed for several patches.

They do show as learned in the achievement section, but they don't show in the motif section of your library, or on the motif pages themselves.

Edited by Carbonised on January 19, 2018 1:12PM
    Answer ✓
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes I have all except buoyant cuz im 2 lazy to farm them... yet I have 3 that shows as unlearned...ebonshadow apostle and dreadhorn
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    It has been reported multiple times in the bugs forum, feel free to reply to a thread there, or make another one.

apparently it's not going to be fixed any time soon .. At least it hasn't been fixed for several patches.
    The first report that I could find is 31st October.
    In the patch notes of the v3.3.0 "Dragon Bones" release (currently on PTS) ZOS claims to have fixed it (and the Razgurug bug). ETA on live system? "Sometime in February" last I heard.
    You would think ZOS management would be a little bit embarrassed by this taking three months to fix but I don't see any evidence of this. If it doesn't actually break the game.... :(

@patrick_smyth PC EU Server
    Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Me too.

My crafter knows all of the Ebonshadow pages, but that fact did not propagate to the pages, or guild stores. Ebonshadow continues to be displayed as unknown.

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concern with this is incomplete books and accidentally buying pages I already know:(