The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with easy maelstrom Sorc cheese pet-build? Does this still work?

WhoSlappedThePie
WhoSlappedThePie
✭✭✭
So last patch I was able to do maelstrom with no problem but that was sharpened etc..

Now I'm wondering if it's just as easy (because i like a cheese easy build) with this gear?:

Pet Build (Twilight & Volatile)

Moondancer x4 (lightning staff front bar, infused) & lightning staff back bar infused/nirnhorned
5x necropotence body pieces OR 5x julianos body? Which is better for the pet build? Still necro 5x?
2x Illambris (used this in the old patch, no problems)

Just wanted to breeze through it with little problems with the cheesey build and try to finally get maelstrom lightning staff...

Thanks!
"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
Magsorc Breton
Magblade Darkelf
Stam DK Redguard
Healer Templar High Elf
Tank DK Argonian
Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it works. I use that pretty much to farm it. Typical use Skoria myself, but won’t matter.
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've yet to complete vMA (reflexes aren't getting better as you get older ;) ), but getting to the end boss of arena 6 with that double pet setup was surprisingly easy. Especially in arena 5 I thought I'd have struggled much more.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah so I can confirm it works lol, just ike the old patch for some reason it seems like I’m hitting harder now, not sure though.

You should be able to complete vma dude. If you can do stage 6 then you can do it all! Just practice and patience... and maybe a new controller/mouse when you die at 10% on the last boss xD

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm quite positive I can do it, it's more a matter of putting myself through the stress of practicing it. :)

I just got a new mouse a few weeks ago, so I'll try to control my temper. ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    What are you using? You should use the double pet build cause it makes it easier to learn the mechanics. I struggled the first time but only on stage 6, stage 7 final and then the final boss.

Finally got on to leaderboards though yesterday without the double pet build and got my maelstrom lightning staff. Woop

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GZ on the lightning staff! :) Yeah I'm using the double pet build.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5xnecro, 5xacuity, 1xilambris or domihaus, double infused shock, shock enchant main and fire back or damage health poison back with nirnhoned.
    Main: Daedric prey-twilight matriarch-ward-volatile familiar-inner light-destro ulti.
    Back: Liquid lightning-twilight matriarch-blockade-familiar-critical surge-shooting star.
    Really good for bursting since there is intervals between adds and boss spawn for the acuity process, and it looks cool too.
    Edited by ValkynSketha on January 21, 2018 3:50PM