The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Explosive Charge vs Toppling Charge...

TheDoomsdayMonster
TheDoomsdayMonster
✭✭✭✭✭
Once upon a time, I didn't think much of Explosive Charge as it lacks the guaranteed stun that Toppling Charge possesses...

Lately though, I have revisited Explosive and its much better than I remember it; I love that it doesn't miss (which is golden when chasing down one of those pesky Nightblades that uses Shuffle and Dodge Rolls a lot) and that fact that its an AoE synergizes very well with my tactic of Gap Closing into the mists of my enemies with Proxy Detonation/Devouring Swarm (when I am in bomber mode of course)...

I almost feel like I've been sleeping on Explosive Charges goodness...

Anyway, which of these two abilities do you slot on your Magplar and why?

Thanks in advance for your input...

:)
Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on January 19, 2018 7:39AM
Unyeilding Bias
PSN TheLordofMurder
PS4 NA
Magicka Templar
DC
The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s

Explosive Charge vs Toppling Charge... 19 votes

Toppling Charge...
57%
Joy_DivisionAkinosTamorandmeekeyceeBrutusmax1musDARTH_R8D3RInsanepirate01TheDoomsdayMonsterKennisMenaceIINordoxIIAthan1 11 votes
Explosive Charge...
42%
KartalinMinnoMethariornrossk25MikeclopsseoulhunterRianovyadibroz 8 votes
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toppling Charge...
    The only time explosive charge is worth is if you have another ranged stun or knockback on your bar also. Like vamp drain, javelin or flame reach. You can set up some pretty good burst like that, reflective light into javelin into explosive charge then sweeps and beam.
    Edited by Akinos on January 19, 2018 2:34PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Explosive Charge...
    Explosive charge if you are using UC/Total Dark.

Otherwise use toppling charge
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toppling Charge...
    Neither are very good.

I've may have set 2 or 3 people off balance in the four years I've played this game with Focused Charge.

Explosive hits dodge rollers a single time, but you still won't be able to hit them afterwards with your Sweeps.

Toppling will pretty much only stun opponents not nimble enough the run away anyway, but at least it allows for follow up with Sweeps.

Duke maybe right that DK chains is the best magicka gap closer.
    Edited by Joy_Division on January 19, 2018 3:23PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Explosive Charge...
    Neither are very good.

I've may have set 2 or 3 people off balance in the four years I've played this game with Focused Charge.

Explosive hits dodge rollers a single time, but you still won't be able to hit them afterwards with your Sweeps.

Toppling will pretty much only stun opponents not nimble enough the run away anyway, but at least it allows for follow up with Sweeps.

Duke maybe right that DK chains is the best magicka gap closer.

I agree. We all might change to MDK next patch lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toppling Charge...
    If the target oss moving and youre at max range, neither off these connect. It's dumb. Templars need an unblockable cc, a reliable one at that.