The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

List of Personal Housing Issues

obscure7
obscure7
✭✭✭✭
Bug: placing certain pieces of furniture in certain situations results in the furniture being placed at skewed angles way off from what is intended.
Specifically, if you attempt to place some furniture at right angles (with one axis perpendicular to the XY plane) sometimes the piece will skew way off at weird angles, and the only solution I've found is to use the cursor mode tool (F key by default) to very slightly alter the X or Y alignment. Even though the adjustment is tiny -- and has a negligible effect on small items -- on large items it becomes a problem as you try to string a few together to actually build something connected.

Inconsistent distribution of style item requirements
I'll just give some examples here:
Clockwork furnishings use 1 Tempered Brass each. (awesome)
Dwarven furnishings use multiple Dwemer Frames each. Dwemer frames are relatively rare and annoying to farm, making dwemer furnishings too expensive to make, and thus making them unpopular to use as crafted decorations.
Mages Apparatus, Master uses 20 Malachite. The only way you can get malachite (to my knowledge) is through treasure chests. Talk about a pain in the butt to farm.

Artificial barriers seem inartfully placed
Invisible walls in Earthtear Cavern; in strange places along parapets and towers; floors that visually are broken stone but are a smooth invisible surface; floors that are a smooth facade but are multi-angled and cracked when placing furnishings.
Low ceiling in Twin Arches and in many other houses. This is more personal taste, but I feel some homes' invisible ceilings are too low. Example: Serenity Falls Estate.
Slaughterfish right at the water's edge. I saw this with the new place Princely Dawnlight Palace.

Furnishings that aren't fully textured or modeled.
Some furnishings (Blood Fountain and Orcish Platform, Block are two examples) lack full textures and some even lack full modeling -- have fun trying to stand on that "structure" furnishing that lets you fall right through it! Even some mundane things like the Rough Clothesline, Post lack a texture on the bottom of the post.

Lastly, the big grand-daddy issue of housing: The item limit is way too low.
Not much to say here, pretty straight-forward issue :) They could double it and it probably would still be too low, hehe.

Some minor issues that aren't huge, but are still annoying:
- Crown store exclusive furnishings
- Lack of a "wayshrine" or way to port out directly
- interact-able furnishings that somehow become un-interact-able overnight. (I'm looking at you, crafting stations)
- dueling arenas: ground abilities fall through the floor, and players can be knocked through walls
Edited by obscure7 on January 19, 2018 6:07AM
PC NA
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also don’t have a toilet, so we’ve been pooping in a pot and throwing it over the fence into the neighbor’s yard, but that doesn’t feel sustainable.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:43PM
  • Nervosa
    Nervosa
    ✭✭
    Solid list. Here's hopin' for some change.
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I also don’t have a toilet, so we’ve been pooping in a pot and throwing it over the fence into the neighbor’s yard, but that doesn’t feel sustainable.

I WAS WONDERING WHAT THAT SMELL WAS.
    'Asuh dude.'
    "I hope no one lets you heal them ever again you piece of trash" - some pug
    All the 'Plars.
    PC NA <The Big Easy>
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The alignment bug is indeed a big issue. The Skyrim construction kit for modding had the same issue. The ESO system is probably based on it. For some reason it really doesn't like perfect angles i.e. 90, 180 etc. Very annoying given that lack of basic structural components means we have to connect dozens of smaller pieces to make things.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The alignment stuff happens due to something called gimbal lock if the pitch goes to 90° or higher. If you use homestead OCD you can place these items at 89° and it'S pretty much not noticeable.

I agree with the invisible walls. Having them in your house feels just dumb. Just yesterday I found out that there is an invisible ceiling in gardeners house upper level so you cant build an extra floor there.

Itemlimit right now makes me look at houses and think "i could cut off this complete part so I have slots left..." I also think population limit is way too low especially for something like dueling arenas and tournaments.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found out there are several furnishings you can craft on the PTS but lack a droppable recipe on the live servers. These include the minecarts, plaques, and a teapot. There might be more but I'll have to check thoroughly. There's quite a few white rarity Crown exclusives that I think should be bought with gold or crafted, too.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    -The provisioning station requires a strange horizontal clearance, making it difficult to place in certain situations while still being usable. Nevermind the fact that it can't be hidden or otherwise incorporated into stove or oven constructions

-Invisible walls everywhere. Moonmirth house had so much potential but its artificially blocked off for no good reason

-Essential furnishings locked into the crown store. Book stacks and scrolls should be basic blueprints, not cash store items

-Mounts pets and assistants all using the same very limited number of slots. A large house like Strident Springs should be able to support a merchants corner, a stable AND a few pets, and not make you choose between them

-Every good furnishing blueprint uses 9 pitch, which has led to a global shortage of pitch (at least on Xbox NA)

-Assistants should really have expanded functionality in housing (at the very least the ability to repair)

-Armor and weapon furniture already exists in game (go to literally any blacksmith), why can't we make or buy it?

-Item slot limit (the obvious issue)
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NupidStoob wrote: »
    The alignment stuff happens due to something called gimbal lock if the pitch goes to 90° or higher. If you use homestead OCD you can place these items at 89° and it'S pretty much not noticeable.
    You can actually go to 89.9 and its impossible to tell the difference with human eyes. ;)

Edited by OmniDo on January 22, 2018 8:54AM
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to add another item to the list.

A way to display and access the books bought at the Mages Guild and other places.
    I think that you should be able to add a virtual container to an empty bookcase. When books are added to the container by the owner (or decorator?) they appear automatically on the shelves. Maybe they could have a similar appearance as if they were dropped but scaled to match the height between shelves.
    If the books are removed from the container they disappear from the shelves.
    Each bookcase would need to have a maximum number of slots.
    Some people would probably want a feature to control the order of the books and group sets of books on the same shelf. Maybe the container could be like a "sparse" array and each slot has its place on the bookshelf. That way the user could put three books on the top shelf, zero on the second and five on the third arranged in the order they wanted.
    Activating (clicking on) the shelves results in a list of the books contained and you can click on a book to read it.
    @patrick_smyth PC EU Server
    Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what I own now:
    • Twin Arches is wrongly classified as small house with only 200 slots (with ESO+) along with e.g. Kragenhome.
      While for the latter 200 slots can be ok (it's actually a small house), Twin Arches has a courtyard (not even so small) and the interior is way bigger. Twin Arches should have at least 100 more slots, let's make double (400 with ESO+) and it would be perfect.
      Really, it's a shame that house is categorized as "small" and look so empty for me compared to other small houses.

Overall:
    • Item slots number in anything Medium to Large is seriously insufficient, not to mention manors (that's just lol).
    • "Lack of a "wayshrine" or way to port out directly" as said in OP, I agree.

Edited by RANKK7 on January 23, 2018 5:19PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll