Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

concussed???....

AngelFires333
AngelFires333
✭✭✭✭✭
Beginner MageDK here.
So I understand that Blockade of Storms sets concussed enemies off balance.
Tho I can not work out which abilities concuss.

How are enemies concussed?

Please and thank you.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:45PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:45PM
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any Shock damage can apply Concussion . Here are the chances for each type of damage :

Weapon enchants 20%
    Standard ability 10%
    Area of effect abilities 5%
    Damage over time abilities 3%
    Area of effect damage over time abilities 1%
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:44PM
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Concussed is a debilitating effect applied by many Shock Damage effects. It deals additional Shock Damage over time, and also makes targets more vulnerable to certain subsequent Shock Damage effects. The status can be removed with a Cleansing effect, per UESP.

Skills like

Light attack from lightning staff
    Heavy attack from lightning staff
    Weapon with shock enchantment
    Weapon with Shock Enchantment
    Thunderous rage

Thank you very much!
    So Lightning heavy attacks do not use up off balance?
    And if they do, It does not matter because they have a chance to proc concuss, so that my whip can then cause some chaos?
    I chose Molten arms over dragon armor.
    Molten arms + BOS + lightning staff heavy attack = seems to do the trick on most solo mobs.
    Edited by AngelFires333 on January 19, 2018 1:50AM
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I understand that switching to an inferno/inferno would be a big mistake.
    Thank you all!
    Edited by AngelFires333 on January 19, 2018 1:55AM
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless I switch to an inferno with a shock enchant?

Hmmm...
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:44PM
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for all that info @DoctorESO

I was going to switch up Burning embers for Deep breath, As it seems to be a more visually pleasant skill and hopefully will also allow me to use power lash.
    Only for solo tho will definitely be going Burning embers for single target.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a few ways to make enenimies off balance there va skill from do skill like that sets all eniemies in area off balance ( do healers speciality), you can use toppling charge, or crushing shock, or wall of elementals. On other hand blockade of storms is popular choice because well simply low cost, duration, and utitly.

Now on point you can concussion via shock damage, glyphs, or sets.

Weapon enchants 20%
    Standard ability 10% (single target, initial hit only)
    Area of effect abilities 5% (initial hit only)
    Damage over time abilities 3% (single target DoT only)
    Area of effect damage over time abilities 1%

* Note heavy attacks from shock don't count on direct target but those others in area.
    Edited by Tasear on January 19, 2018 9:21AM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why fire+shock staff setup is so good on magdk (or was when I last played). You can throw down wall of elements with the shock staff and literally spam lava lash/molten whip on enemies.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    This is why fire+shock staff setup is so good on magdk (or was when I last played). You can throw down wall of elements with the shock staff and literally spam lava lash/molten whip on enemies.

Yeah,
    Looking forward to getting all the abilities.
    So far it is full of win.
  • Teuton67
    Teuton67
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite set for tanking vDSA lately has been the Livewire set. It basically puts everything near me in concussed status for 4 seconds every 8 seconds.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this helps
    pvw203.png
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on January 20, 2018 5:45AM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concussed is a debilitating effect applied by many Shock Damage effects. It deals additional Shock Damage over time, and also makes targets more vulnerable to certain subsequent Shock Damage effects. The status can be removed with a Cleansing effect, per UESP.

Skills like

Thunderous rage

Light and Heavy Attacks cannot trigger secondary effects. A Light/Heavy attack from an Inferno Staff cannot proc Burning, nor can a Lightning's Light/Heavy Attacks proc Concussed.

The Tri Focus passive can effectively make Heavy Lightning Attacks proc Concussed though, since the passive coded as a new damage entity.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skills like

Thunderous rage

Light and Heavy Attacks cannot trigger secondary effects. A Light/Heavy attack from an Inferno Staff cannot proc Burning, nor can a Lightning's Light/Heavy Attacks proc Concussed.

The Tri Focus passive can effectively make Heavy Lightning Attacks proc Concussed though, since the passive coded as a new damage entity.

@Gilliamtherogue .
    Appreciate the info man. Your builds also.
    Very helpful for us noobs.
    Peace.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skills like

Thunderous rage

But not on direct target in case of lightning attacks.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Skills like

Thunderous rage

But not on direct target in case of lightning attacks.

Because Tri Focus does not damage the original target, pretty sure that was obvious to anyone who knew what the passive did.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue