The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Baan Dar vs Rajhin

MF_Sl0th
MF_Sl0th
So the lore of both these deities has confused me a tad, both Baan Dar and Rajhin are described as trickster spirits who are worshipped by thieves in the Khajiiti religion, so what's the difference between them?
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While both are considered to be tricksters they're covering different spheres and influences.

Baan Dar is worshipped by both Bosmer and Khajiit. It's the deity of peddlers, traders, homeless, thieves, etc. but he's not really a thief and he's not teaching about stealing (although this might be up for debate). Baan Dar's teachings can be boiled down to a simple rule: Everything should serve a purpose and be of use. If you want to use something in the future and you need it, make sure it can't be stolen. If something can be stolen (e.g. by just sitting on a bench or not being nailed to the ground) the owner obviously doesn't care enough and it should be repossessed by someone who actually values it. In short: Baan Dar is the god that outsmarts others with words.

Rajhin on the other hand is a pure Khajiit figure (and he's been an actual Khajiit). I always interpreted him as your actual/typical trickster or thief, stealing stuff just for fun or his own gains (or to actually help others). I'd even go as far as claiming that he's in some situations a Robin Hood or Jack Sparrow like character. He's cunning, but he's also primarily relying on his physical skills rather than talking.

There are obviously things fitting for both gods, such as stealing, pickpocketing, etc.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I want a lorebook or seven (one for each Shadow, hah!) detailing their interactions. :o
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.