The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodiil Quest Boards Not Giving Quests

Apache_Kid
Apache_Kid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I've mentioned this multiple times in the threads about other dailies not resetting but it has not been listed as being fixed on the PTS notes and It's been happening since the CwC patch. Every-time I enter into Cyrodiil and go to the gate to the quest boards, it's a total grab bag on what boards are going to give me a quest. Sometimes I queue in and none of them have quests. Sometimes I can only grab a scout quest. Sometimes I can only grab a bounty quest and a capture resource quest. Sometimes I can grab everything except the scroll quest. It doesn't seem as if there is a pattern to it either.

Furthermore, sometimes, when I go back to turn in one of the few quests that I was actually able to grab, I am unable to grab a new one from that same board. But sometimes, one of the boards that didn't originally have a quest for me when I first entered the campaign, will then have one for me upon returning to the gate after running around in Cyrodiil for a bit. It's all very random as I said.

Please fix this It's annoying to not be able to grab quests as I play more solo than in a group so I can't always just get quest shares from others. And even if I can do that when I am playing in group, as I said above, I might go turn one in after completing it and am unable to grab another.

This is happening on Xbox NA. I mostly play on AD and I tried it in Shor and Vivec. I also went on an EP character just to test it and sure enough he could only grab a couple quests as well. I've been mentioning this for months in other daily quest bug threads but it seems as if those comments have been ignored so here we are.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only a scout quest and a bounty quest tonight. That means no scroll or capture Keep or resource quest. I will be updating this thread everytime this happens for further information.

Edit: This was in Shor on AD.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on January 20, 2018 5:40PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not so bad today. Was able to grab everything except a capture resource quest so 4 out of 5.

On AD in Shor and this is all Xbox NA
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was able to grab a scroll quest, a bounty quest, and a capture resource quest today. No capture Keep or scout quest.

On AD In Shor Xbox NA.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was actually able to grab all 5 quests last night in Shor on AD for the first time in ever. GG ZOS! let's see what happens today!
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was only able to grab a bounty quest and a scroll quest today. Xbox NA, AD, Shor
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this happen to me too: PC-NA, AD, DC, and EP, Vivec, Shor, and Kyne. In addition to the boards, the Grand Warlord NPCs are also fickle about giving scroll quests even if your home scrolls have been taken.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @lonewolf26 glad to know I'm not the only one and it's an actual bug.
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing happens to me on XB NA!
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

nexxus_ESO wrote: »
    Same thing happens to me on XB NA!

Hmm seems I'm not crazy!

Have you been able to replicate this on your internal servers? Should be easily tested @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here. Good report. Keep it up.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reminder @SidewalkChalk5

Got into Cyrodiil about 15 minute ago, AD Shor Xbox NA, Only got a bounty quest, capture resource and capture Keep. No scroll or scout quest
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:35AM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Any common themes you see that may be causing this?

Nothing more than the information in my original post. Started happening right after the CwC update. Wasn't an issue for the entire month of November because I couldn't PvP because of the infinite load screens but it's been there every time I go into Cyrodiil since then. Happens on all my characters across all alliances. Even though all my reports in here are on AD which is what I usually play on I've tried it before on my MagDk who is EP and my sorc who is DC and had the same random hodge podge of quests available and not the full 5 so it's nothing specific to my characters, my alliance, or my campaign as I've tried it in Vivec and Shor.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is also still a big issue on PS4 NA - Every guildie I talk to has the same problem. It's widespread.
    PS4NA
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    This is also still a big issue on PS4 NA - Every guildie I talk to has the same problem. It's widespread.

Widespread yet apparently not important enough to warrant a fix in the next update. Story of this game's life.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got in today. Was able to grab bounty, scroll, and resource quest. No scout or keep quest.

Unrelated to this thread but I'm currently restarting my game because as soon as I joined group and tried to hop back into guild chat my chat channels disappeared so thanks for that.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is still happening every day.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And no I haven't submitted a help ticket in-game about this because I'm not the only one this is happening to and its happening on multiple platforms so this isn't an issue an I can solve with trouble-shooting [snip].

[Edited to remove rude comment]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 2, 2018 3:12PM
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Patch note preview for next week's PTS:

Resolved an issue where Mission board quests were not available under normal circumstances.

Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Resolved an issue where Mission board quests were not available under normal circumstances.

I must have missed that in my first read through of them. Edit: nevermind I see you say preview. Awesome. Thanks for the sneak-peak.

Now if only we could start getting bug fixes other than every quarter...

Edit: I am grateful it is being fixed but when things to so long to fix it's hard to express gratitude.

Edited by Apache_Kid on February 2, 2018 3:13PM
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see you back on the forums @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

does that include scroll capture quests?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Tommyguns818
    I'm having the same issue Xbox one NA. I don't get any quests. Nothing is available even after switching from vivic and shor
    XBOX One gamertag: Cur1UpAndDie
  • Tommyguns818
    Helped with several scrolls and even if other players tried to share quest. I get nothing. No pop ups, nothing.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works for me normally. PC EU. Are you sure you don't have them already in your journal?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is from a few months ago, and was fixed several patches ago. If this problem has just started for you, it is unrelated to the original issue.

The cyro quests have a limit on repeats, if you've done them all you can't pick up any until the reset. If you haven't done them, ensure your quest log isn't full. If neither of those is the case, submit a bug report.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Tommyguns818
    Reverb wrote: »
    This thread is from a few months ago, and was fixed several patches ago. If this problem has just started for you, it is unrelated to the original issue.

The cyro quests have a limit on repeats, if you've done them all you can't pick up any until the reset. If you haven't done them, ensure your quest log isn't full. If neither of those is the case, submit a bug report.

Thank You for the reply. Yes it's so weird. Quest log isn't full at all. I've done a scout/bounty mission 2 years ago after that never really popped onto pvp and this last week went to play with a friend that is new and there's no quest to be given or take. Shor just reset too and nothing. I even popped in vivec one and nothing. NPCs say goodbye. lol. I will definitly submit a bug report. Thank you
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Thank You for the reply. Yes it's so weird. Quest log isn't full at all. I've done a scout/bounty mission 2 years ago after that never really popped onto pvp and this last week went to play with a friend that is new and there's no quest to be given or take. Shor just reset too and nothing. I even popped in vivec one and nothing. NPCs say goodbye. lol. I will definitly submit a bug report. Thank you

Ah, that sounds like you haven't finished the cyro intro quest then. That needs to be done before the quest boards will be activated.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Tommyguns818
    Who is it that I talk to if I want to start? I'm Xbox NA daggerfall. I've tried talking to all npc, even both in North and South no quest icon or anything popping up. The quest I currently have is only 3 from undaunted dailies.
  • Tommyguns818
    Whats funny is that when I log in to my other toon and pop into cyrodill shor Ebonheart faction, quest are available .