Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Help with Two Pet Build

kehatchb16_ESO
I am looking for feedback on the following build. This build isn't for end game of group PVE. It is a solo completionist build focused on taking down content like World Bosses. I am open to any suggestions, but the things I am most stuck on:
  • Endless fury vs Mages Wrath. My assumption is for solo play the magic return will help with sustainability more then the explosion.
  • Endless Fury and Daedric Prey in general. Would I be better off with force pulse / crystal fragments? Or something else?
  • Unstable Clannfear vs Volitile Familiar. I appreciate I am losing a lot of DPS but with a focus on the world boss I figured the tank would be essential.
  • When I group (daily dungeon finder) I will need to swamp out Unstable Clannfear. I figured I would keep it simple and just add Inner Light to both bars so I don't need to mess with my rotation. Is there a better option?

Bar 1: Fire
  • Endless Fury
  • Daedric Prey
  • Power Surge
  • Unstable Clannfear
  • Twilight Matriarch
  • Shooting Star

Bar 2: Lightning
  • Elemental Blockade
  • Liquid Lightning
  • Hardened Ward
  • Unstable Clannfear
  • Twilight Matriarch
  • Elemental Rage

Championship Points (Assumes 300 CP - I am at 165 CP)

Mage
27- Elemental Expert
31- Thaumaturge
20- Elfborn
22- Spell Erosion

Thief
49- Arcanist
49- Tenacity
2- Warlord

Warrior
23- Elemental Defender
23- Hardy
23- Thick Skinned
31- Iron Clad
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've soloed a LOT with similar builds, using a Clannfear, but not recently. So I wouldn't know to what extent things have changed with its tankiness.

As a general rule, I of course found the most difficult bosses to be the double/triple ones, as the Clannfear would only tank one. (The other hardest thing was mobs' equivalent of Negate bubbles, but fortunately those no longer despawn pets.)

That said, I've duoed a lot of dungeons more recently, and with Ward up (even Empowered) I can pretty easily survive boss aggro. So it's not obvious to me that the Clannfear morph is really needed.

An execute is mainly a time saver, unless the boss has an enrage mechanic, and you're not going to run into a lot of those. I have the Endless Fury morph, and I never find myself wishing I had the other one.

Two pets hit hard, with good Daedric Prey uptime.

So does Maw of the Infernal when I can actually get good uptime for it; so far that's working a lot better at the target dummy than in a live fight. Also, if you're soloing the limited range of Grothdarr may not hurt much, so that's another monster helm to consider. Both can be periodically bought from The Golden. You can also periodically buy shoulders there (blech) or get them via keys. You get one key per character at Level 45/first going to the Undaunted, and you get other keys from pledges. Banished Cells 1 is the one I find easiest to solo; it comes around once every 12 days, as does every non-DLC dungeon.