The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daggerfall Outlook Issue - Safe Swimming Water Perimeter Changed

TBONE_OG
TBONE_OG
✭✭✭
Hello,

I play on xbox and I own the Daggerfall Outlook manor. In this house, you have access to the ocean via secret door. There's a small portion of water that is safe to swim in. Go out of bounds and you'll be eaten alive by slaughter-fish.

Like many who own this house, I built out on to the water. I made a swimming pool and a spa next to a large deck. I made sure to carefully place everything so that I had as much "safe swimming" water as possible for the pool and spa. The safe water is located near and against the rock wall of the house.

That is no longer the case. Apparently during some patch, ZoS changed the "safe swimming" perimeter and now I have slaughter-fish in a part of my pool and completely in my spa. Why oh why was this changed? Can it be reverted back?

Now some may say, "move the pool/spa, etc." I'd rather do that instead of making this topic - trust me. However, it took me a lot of time to design what I did, and moving it would be a burden. If only the building tools were more user friendly. Maybe if I could group items together and lock them into being one piece, this would be a much easier task.

Has anyone else noticed this unnecessary change?

Thanks.
Edited by TBONE_OG on January 18, 2018 12:30AM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came here thinking you were discussing water boarding some filthy Khajit.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBONE_OG wrote: »
    ZoS changed the "safe swimming" perimeter and now I have slaughter-fish in a part of my pool and completely in my spa.
    LOL, I'm dying :D I have imagined your surprise while happily swimming and getting rekt by the slaughters.

Seriously tho, I hope it gets fixed, I truly understand you are not willing to move all the things after spending so much time and effort, I would be beyond pissed to be honest.

May someone from ZOS stop by and give an answer, really hope it's an oversight and will be corrected.
    Best of luck.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    I came here thinking you were discussing water boarding some filthy Khajit.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that gets fixed for you. I imagine the slaughterfish being sort of like this:
    fa0fe5aead8c63a0e4aaeb6edf7286de.jpg
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This really sucks! I have the this home too and made a little river that was safe to swim in now it’s not, really don’t know why they changed this.

If anything they should just move them back more and give us more space not less. There is already invisible walls why the hell do we even need the damn fish, just remove them altogether I say.

Sorry about ur hard work and clever use of that area being waisted best you can do is find away around it.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on January 18, 2018 6:17AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked back through several patch notes, and I don’t see any mention of this. Therefore, it could be unintentional. Post a thread in the big report section...and if you can post screen shots showing the area that is no longer safe. I’ve seen unintentional issues in the houses before, and sometimes they fix them.
  • TBONE_OG
    TBONE_OG
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone. I may take some screenshots to show where the perimeter changed.

And ha yeah. My spa is now a death trap. It looks so cozy and then bam, you're dead.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no. I was seriously considering buying Daggerfall Overlook very soon. Please report back to this thread if/when it is solved, thanks!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the first time they've done this
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope that gets fixed for you. I imagine the slaughterfish being sort of like this:
    fa0fe5aead8c63a0e4aaeb6edf7286de.jpg

Oh man. I love the far side
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    In EQ2 many years ago we discovered ways to 'break out' of the boundaries of homes with exteriors. Houses have no real 'official' outside like many ESO homes, but homes with windows did have huge zones outside of them so it would like nice from inside. To say this caused a stir in the decorating communities would be an understatement. Suddenly, we had beaches, lighthouses, forests and more at our disposal.

The devs sighed as we shouted and cheered and decorated our new homes and finally declared as long as it wasn't causing any server instabilities, they would not fix the break-outs but they would also do no support of them. If things got lost, suck it up. If it was glitchy, deal with it. We all loudly agreed it was totally worth it. And it was.

Let the pool fly free!