The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Very Important Prime Time Latency/Ping (PC EU)

IARTOI
IARTOI
✭✭✭
This is the third time I open thread about high latency in game. In both CP and non-CP campaigns have high latency/lag at prime times. I think this is causing from high population in game. Even out side of Cyrodiil there is a high latency. Maybe you will think this about with where I live in or my connection but not. All my friends in game from around whole Europe having same problem. I can see that ZoS DEVs fixing everthing about quest bugs or little other bugs but they don't fix this biggest problem. Game is really not playable. Every skill has 2-3 sec delay. Please do something about latency problem.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MichaelM @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_CoriJ
  • IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    Still no working on it. Come on ZoS game is unplayable at primetimes. Fix this latency problem.
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everybody has some latency problems but they are still able to play and having a 2 second delay in cyrodiil is nothing unusual. Sorry to break it to you, but your computer also connects to the internet not just their servers. So you can not say it is not you.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, they know about it and have been doing something about it past 2 years. I dont know what you think this thread will accomplish :D
  • IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    @maddiniiLuna Even if I don't use any other application that using internet it doesn't matter. Lag causing from game servers. I tried every single solution for improve it also with costumer support but nothing change it. So its not about me. 2-3 seconds delay can be OK. for you if you are running with full group. But for me it is a problem. Why would I want to play with lag. Why would other ppl want to play?

@SodanTok you say they have been working on it for 2 years. So what? "NO SOLUTION". They can focus more to fix game's biggest problem first instead bring new features.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IARTOI wrote: »
    maddiniiLuna Even if I don't use any other application that using internet it doesn't matter. Lag causing from game servers. I tried every single solution for improve it also with costumer support but nothing change it. So its not about me. 2-3 seconds delay can be OK. for you if you are running with full group. But for me it is a problem. Why would I want to play with lag. Why would other ppl want to play?

SodanTok you say they have been working on it for 2 years. So what? "NO SOLUTION". They can focus more to fix game's biggest problem first instead bring new features.

There is no solution. This game is doing something that was not designed for (server side calculations over client side) and it will never be fixed.