The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I made a dumb dumb and I'm hoping Zenimax and help me out

Felexir
Felexir
✭✭✭
So I had stepped away from the game for a few months to play another one for a bit, but that's cool because I had eso plus so I'd have some crowns waiting for me when I got back. I got back and had like 3000 crowns. YAY. Then I did something stupid. I saw frostcaller motif book was for sale for 2000 crowns and I was like "hell yeah mah dudes" and bought it. Then when I went to read it guess what? APPARENTLY I ALREADY KNEW IT. So now I'm down 2000 crowns for something I can't even sell in game or read. Is there any way this can get unbound so that I can at least try and sell it? Or some Zenimax gods can take it back and refund me 2000 crowns? That would be awesome. Sorry I'm an idiot.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't give you an actual answer, but people have been lucky with supoort tickets. Just send one in game and dont give up until a real person is emailing you back. GL
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't unbind it so you can sell it, but they may refund your crowns if you submit a support ticket. I wouldn't get your hopes up though as they're normally pretty strict on a "no refunds" policy, however it's worth asking and explaining.

You can send a ticket either in game from the help screen or via the website (top left support link if you're on desktop browser).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey @Felexir, go ahead and submit a ticket to Support and send me the ticket number. I'm sure there's something we can figure out. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno the ticket number is 180117-000668. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out!
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ill be amazed if something happens. I did something similar and they told me to get bent pretty much. :(
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With new Outfit system coming, I wish I had bought the Crown Store motifs like Grim Harlequin and Frostcaller when I had the chance! I never found them appealing because I rarely use crafted sets and, when I do, they are usually mixed in with a dropped set or a monster set so I could never get the unified style look I wanted. But now I can with upcoming Outfit sytem, but will have to wait 9 to 12 months for those Witches Festival and New Life motifs to come back on sale. Plus, they needed Mimic Stones to craft and I was turned off by spending cash on a motif just to need to spend more cash to craft it. But that is gone (at least in first iteration of Outfit system on PTS, which does not require style stones).
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    @Jade1986 I'll let you know
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    @Dagoth_Rac I hear you! I bought the akaviri style for my outfit when the outfit system comes out. Now I just need to get my hands on the ebonshadow staff motif page to finish up my look!
  • dragonz868
    dragonz868
    ✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    Ill be amazed if something happens. I did something similar and they told me to get bent pretty much. :(

I bought a race change thinking I could change class with it, of course I couldn't so I submitted a ticket and they refunded me and let me keep the race change too.. They are normally pretty good!
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    To close this, I just got an email from Brad in the Escalations Team. They took the motif back and refunded the 2000 crowns :)
    Thanks Brad! You are the best!
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brad is ZOS customer service MVP!

Long live Brad!
    Edited by NolaArch on January 17, 2018 6:22PM
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ALL HAIL BRAD
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Brad from Zenimax wears khakis...
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can you confirm?
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love happy endings... :'(<3;) LOL
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Felexir wrote: »

No, but Jake does.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »

Yep, I accidentally bought the wrong thing once (was trying to buy the race/name change combo) and accidentally just bought one of them. They pretty much laughed at me.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Felexir wrote: »

No, but Jake does.

This made my day.

Buuuut...

Jake is no Brad - or Mykael, for that matter! :grin:
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Felexir, go ahead and submit a ticket to Support and send me the ticket number. I'm sure there's something we can figure out. Thanks!

any chance of the system being changed so players can't buy stuff if it cannot be used?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol