The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please add a Medium option to random Dungeon Finder.

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
There is Normal and Veteran. But the DLC zone Normals are not norm. They are medium. They require a youtube investigation to complete and should not be available as a random normal option. Could you just change it to Easy, Medium, Hard, and Challenge. Rather than have us learn this the hard way by getting in and wiping. Until we are like wtf is wrong with this? So we look it up and oh, gee, I was suppose to research like a science paper the game I was playing that I use to relax and to away from irl researching science papers. It is not dumbing down the Dungeon Finder to make it's wording exact and preventing misdirection.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Needs to be a separate option that includes DLC dungeons. I would argue that Veteran mode needs a separate option, too, and that COA2 needs to be lumped with the DLC.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol'd @ YouTube investigation but you have a point. Even some normal DLCs require some mechanics and if it's everyone's 1st time that could end up being a disaster run.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    huh? DLC normal dungeons just require what I call "Raid Awareness" They're NOT that hard.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:36PM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually Veteran is the one deserving to be called medium. And new veteran, a truly challenging one should be added.

And DLC dungeons are separated already in the dungeon finder queue thus are limited to certain levels+ only.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on January 17, 2018 8:36AM
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that hard just observe the boss for a while, dungeons in this game is easy even on vet and only a few bosses has some hard to see mechanics. And well, don't use youtube just google it, it's 5 - 10 times faster.
    Argonian masterrace
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vet DLC dungeons are easy, normal DLC dungeons are even easier. We need a harder mode than Vet, if anything. Casuals who don't want to learn how to play the game effectively to clear the 'vetetan' content we have now probably have little or no interest in clearing it anyway, else they would have got gud and done it already
  • Mithalarin
    It's all easy once you know the mechanics....

and have all gold Trials gear, lol!
  • Mithalarin
    and max level CP!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal Dungeons unlock progressively. You can't queue for Normal DLC dungeons until level 45 or Vet DLC dungeons until CP 160.

By level 45, you've unlocked enough skills to adequately meet the challenges of Normal DLC dungeons and hopefully have enough experience to know how to DPS, heal or tank. Are they going to be really hard the first times you do them while you learn the mechanics ? Yeah, you should have seen my CP 500-690 friends and I stumbling through them for the first time during the ESO+ trial and figuring out the mechanics as we went along without guides. Are they prohibitively difficult once you understand the mechanics? Not really - but you MUST respect the mechanics, unlike most other normal dungeons. So there's a greater learning curve associated with the DLC dungeons (assuming you don't just google a guide, of course), hence why you no longer get thrown into them before you've had the chance to get experience with the game and experience in dungeons. But if we're complaining about learning curves, you ought to exclude Fungal Grotto II and Crypt of Hearts II, the other mechanics-heavy base game dungeons (which are also level 45 on normal and CP 160 on Vet because they are so heavy on group-based mechanics).

Since CWC, we've moved beyond the days of level 10s ending up in White Gold Tower. By level 45, I expect you to be able to muddle your way through a DLC dungeon or at least to ask the more experienced players in the group if you don't know the mechanics. (And if you're struggling because your group DPS is weak, well, that would be a problem for any group.) For new players, the DLC dungeons teach you to play close attention to boss mechanics and focus on priority targets, even on Normal Difficulty. That's a pretty important thing to learn for any future end-game content. Many mechanics you've been ignoring on other normal dungeons cannot be ignored on Vet Difficulty, so if you are struggling with the DLC dungeons, that's a wake-up call that your build/situational awareness is not ready for Vet Difficulty in ways that go beyond the mere lack of CP.

As for non-new-players who don't actually want a Daily Random Dungeon and just want a Daily Guaranteed Quik N' Easy Dungeon, I have no respect for that stance. If you don't want to run a DLC dungeon, then take your 15-minute queue penalty and hope you get an easy dungeon next time. Don't whine about getting a harder, longer dungeon that you could run, you just don't want to. That's just lazy.
  • silhouette187
    We need hard mode to be at the beggining of the dungeon, not just the final boss. So something like normal, medium, hard, expert. When you have 2 DPS pulling 35k+, it’s like playing a normal dungeon.

Also it would be great if they could make version 2 of all dungeons, not just dungeons like Banished Cells, City of Ash, Wayrest Sewers, etc.