The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 307-booted from server

DieAlteHexe
DieAlteHexe
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Googled this and only got vague info, mainly that "you need to wait 15 to 20 minutes before trying to log in".

I'm curious as to why? Checked server status and unless it's lagged (in issuing a status report) nothing there is indicative of a server issue.

Right in my primetime too...figures. :P

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DieAlteHexe

Are you still getting Error 307?

Error 307 is a general disconnection error that can be caused by server issues or if something happens with the connection on your end.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @DieAlteHexe

Are you still getting Error 307?

Error 307 is a general disconnection error that can be caused by server issues or if something happens with the connection on your end.

(touch wood)

No, it seems to have resolved itself. Might very well have to do with the crazy weather we're having. Actually surprised we still have power.

Thank you very much for explaining the error, I appreciate it. :)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    This has happened to me before and it just happened again tonight. I was literally just sitting on my horse looking at the landscape around me. I was doing nothing else.

What I find hard to understand is how it can happen to me when my wife and I are both playing on the same internet connection and playing in the same location in game. Obviously it's not our internet connection or we'd both get booted. It doesn't seem to be a widespread server issue or, again, we'd both get booted.

And it's not just my machine because one time she got booted and I didn't.

A more informative error dialog with an error log file saved to disk would be helpful than "Yep, something happened."
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got this error. My internet is working or else I wouldn't be posting this. All I did was equip some healing skills on my magdk's 2nd bar and queued for a random as dps/healer. Then was instantly booted. lmao

Edit:
    After about 5 minutes it let me back in.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on January 24, 2018 12:10AM
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... This happened to my daughter over the weekend. Odd thing was, my wife and I were both logged on and playing ESO at the same time with no problems. All on the same Internet connection and local network.
  • PC0523
    PC0523
    ✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me as well, but mostly when using the Precursor target dummy at my house.

I’ve submitted a ticket and had a couple email exchanges, but they just suggested to wait 15-20 mins. That usually does fix it for me, but it’d be nice not to get booted at all.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exact same issue. Always when practicing on the Precursor
  • MochiThunder
    MochiThunder
    Soul Shriven
    I cannot even log in at all. I keep getting this error or error 307 or "an error has occured try to log in again later" and this has happened while I am either at the PC shop where I work, or at home, etc. And yes the game and all that jazz is allowed through my firewalls and the IP and the router etc. Is the game even UP rn?
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    I just got the Error 307.. booted from server. Not sure why. Hubby almost got booted, but he is still in game.
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Error 307 while turning in Master Writs.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aaaaand error 307 is back again.

Oh well, I guess I could stand to do some housework. :/

• Jasli
    Jasli
    ✭✭✭
    Error 307 right before I picked up my lucky ColdFire Balista :s
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since dragonbones patch I have had this error about 4 times. That is in addition to random disconnects (no error message) about once per hour. No problems before dragon bones (PC - EU)
    Edited by rumple9 on February 24, 2018 4:06PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got booted off again, error 307. It won't let me log back in. NA server only though, I can get into the EU server which makes it clear the issue is on yalls end. But, this has gotten past old. I like this game a lot but I'm about to just say forget it and go back to playing my old game because at least I don't get randomly kicked off the server for god knows how long. This has gotten much worse since the patch, BTW.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naming my next character error 307 cause this just happened to me and this thread was 0 help at all devs.
  • Deloria
    Deloria
    ✭✭✭
    Just got booted from a raid group with this message. Shutting down the game and restarting doesnt help - and this error message is pretty cryptic tbh.
  • Red_Olander
    Red_Olander
    ✭✭✭
    I have this happen several times a day on some days and then no problems on other days... It's not an Internet issue since I am using TeamSpeak and no one else is having the issue and I have no issue using TeamSpeak while this happens. This is a ZOS server issues just admit it. We know you wont fix it, but at least take responsibility for it.
  • Nijey
    Nijey
    ✭✭✭
    Error 307: Booted from server

while in Cyrodiil in RAID night :neutral: . First time I ever seen it.... :
    ALL MY FURNISHING STORE, WATCH IT!!
    http://tinyurl.com/NijeyStore

PROUD TO BE AEDRA'S COVE MEMBER.
    Youtube: Aedra's Channel
    Aedra's CoveR - SoundCloud - Epic Songs by Aedra's Bard
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My game crashed at BRK (as it always does at that particular keep with more than 30 players on the scene), and when I managed to log back in (having missed the take and associated AP and quest, of course) I was "booted from server" with this error for the next five minutes. Now I'm at my character screen attempting to load, only to be kicked back to the character selection screen with no message. The implicit one, it seems, is that I'm a bit of idiot for repeating the same thing expecting different results...

My internet is fine. I've been in active voice communication with not so much as a hint of static or packet loss for the entirety of my attempts to connect. ESO announcements come through on the launcher and login screen. It's just actually playing that apparently I'm not allowed to do.

In all seriousness, ZOS, please fix BRK. It's caused more disconnects for me than any other area in game, PvP or otherwise. And I am far more likely to crash (with either Error 307 or simply "unable to connect") when I try to port from there than elsewhere else.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got it tonight just now, too.. first time ever. I've been getting unknown disconnects all week, though.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • jbgirgis_ESO
    jbgirgis_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just got this as well and my connection is fine
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting error 307 now. Since last patch ESO started crashing for me a lot in Mournhold (most of the time near the wayshrine, but it also happened around the achievement merchant as well more than once).
    And it crashes so hard that the crash reporter also crashes :p
    And now game won't let me back in.
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we need a crash reporter for crash reporter crashes? :)
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to add: my internet connection is fine. Everything else still works no other disconnects/crashes. Just this game started hating me :(
  • DarthCarnate
    Came here after the third time this has happened to me in the last 48 hours. Been playing for almost a year and a half now and never had this happen beyond the last 48 hours. Wish I knew what was happening...
  • Coni
    Coni
    ✭✭
    Having similar problems for past 3-4 weeks. Clean install of Win 10 x64 and clean install of the game (on brand new SSHD). Have managed to play maybe 3-4 hours total as I either crash/lock up or it simply crashes out from the loading screen after selecting my character.

I've played since launch & never had problems like this.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too, i disabled all my addons and my disconnect issues dissapeared.
  • Coni
    Coni
    ✭✭
    I haven't got any add-ons at all. Was hoping to get the game working before putting any in.....
    Edited by Coni on April 9, 2018 10:35AM
  • Jasprah
    Jasprah
    Soul Shriven
    just had this happen to me. doing banking. My internet seems to be working fine.
  • Thestache
    Thestache
    Soul Shriven
    Just happened to me while switching toons
This discussion has been closed.