Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I need some help with gearing

Maryanne
Maryanne
✭✭✭
Hi guys,

I need some help with gearing.

My main character is about 300 cp, and my alts will be level 50 soon.
On my main, I have no proper gear, just some random stuff what I found during questing. I’d like to change that, and I try to collect/craft gear sets with my main for my alts too.
I am not a good player, and I prefer soloing, so I am interested in easily obtainable gears (I don’t mind the grind), so no trials, vMA, harder dungeons etc. for me. On the other hand, I will be a master crafter soon.
I am a PVE player, but I like to go to Cyrodiil (and mainly do PVE quests there alone), so I need a simple pvp set too.
Can you give me some (general) tips/links?

My chars (all DPS):
- Main: magicka sorcerer, 2 pet build, destro/destro.
I have an idea here for PVE, 5 Necropotence (jewelry, 2 armor pieces with divines traits), 5 Julianos (2 weapons with infused traits, 3 armor pieces with divines traits), Ilambris head+shoulders.
- stamina warden, dw/bow
- stamina dragonknight, dw/bow, werewolf
- magicka templar, destro/destro
- stamina nightblade dw/bow
- with the new dlc in the next month, I plan to level up a magicka dragonknight (dps) too

In general, which dps sets are worth keeping in my bank? I am an altoholic, so I will be create more characters in the future for sure.
I would be grateful if you help me. Thank you :smile:

(Sorry for my english, I hope you can understand me).
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sets you mentioned for your mag sorc is worth keeping in your bank. Keep couple of versions of julianos for pve/pvp / extra for another magicka toon.

For stam builds you can craft hundings rage and use sets like spriggan(bankorai) or automaton (darkshade caverns dungeon) with any monster undaunted set that gives max stam/weapon damage, and physical damage.
    Edited by Mazbt on January 15, 2018 7:04PM
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For your mag sorc with pets pump it all into Magicka. All divInes. All Magicka runes.

That's your major dps right there.

For stamblade do hundings spriggans. Duel wirld daggers of uh..something fang I forget

Those are only two classes I work on right now so can't comment on others
    Edited by monktoasty on January 15, 2018 8:41PM
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    Maryanne wrote: »
    Hi guys,

On my main, I have no proper gear, just some random stuff what I found during questing. I’d like to change that, and I try to collect/craft gear sets with my main for my alts too.
    I am not a good player, and I prefer soloing, so I am interested in easily obtainable gears (I don’t mind the grind), so no trials, vMA, harder dungeons etc. for me. On the other hand, I will be a master crafter soon.
    I am a PVE player, but I like to go to Cyrodiil (and mainly do PVE quests there alone), so I need a simple pvp set too.

My chars (all DPS):
    I have an idea here for PVE, 5 Necropotence (jewelry, 2 armor pieces with divines traits), 5 Julianos (2 weapons with infused traits, 3 armor pieces with divines traits), Ilambris head+shoulders.
    - stamina warden, dw/bow
    - with the new dlc in the next month, I plan to level up a magicka dragonknight (dps) too

In general, which dps sets are worth keeping in my bank? I am an altoholic, so I will be create more characters in the future for sure.

For a pve sorc I'd use julianos 90% of the time and maybe clever alchemist,l ( at least as far as crafted sets) non craftable I'd use necropotence ,mother's sorrow, war maidons or any combination of those.
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

My chars (all DPS):
    - stamina warden, dw/bow

For a pve sorc I'd use julianos 90% of the time and maybe clever alchemist,l ( at least as far as crafted sets) non craftable I'd use necropotence ,mother's sorrow, war maidons or any combination of those.

A good way too find a good setup is too go too a guild trader and look through the non crafted sets. Those are usually the best gear as most crafted sets don't hold up as well. Everything also depends on your cp points and where there slotted too. As a mag sorc you want a good chunk of them in elemental expert,elfborn, spell errosion and spell precision(apprentice),staff expert(atronach)spell shield, resistant (steed)light armor focus, Hardy , elemental defender (warrior),arcanist,healthy, tenacity(thief), that's what I use mostly for pve builds. And lastly obviously the more attribute points that go into magically the hire the damage your magicka abilities will do increasing your DPS more. Hope that helps
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your English is very good. I have twelve characters - every class and resource combination plus some spares. I can give you some tips on how I geared them.

There are two similar sets that work perfect as your base sets - Julianos for magic and Hundings rage for stamina. Every single one of my characters gets a set of these when they “graduate,” purple gear and gold weapons. These are very versatile sets and will last you a long time. I like to make sure my weapons are the craft set because farming drop weapons is annoying. And I actually make all seven body pieces for a character. If I’m using different drop sets, like a pve set and a different PvP set, it’s easier just to have a piece of everything in Hundings to make things simpler.

Secondary sets

You have many options. One good guide is alcasthq.com. He always puts an alternate setup to his builds with the easier to get sets. But here are my favorites:

Stamina

Spriggans: it’s just pure power. Nothing fancy, perfect for builds that need dps help.

Briarheart: I love this on my stamblade. It provides almost as much power as spriggans, but the heals really help. Especially if I’m doing an undaunted dungeon solo or something like that.

Creative combo: I set this up on my stam sorc and I like it. It’s not like trial quality, but whatever. I do a combo of hunt leader and morkuldin. When my silly sword attacks, I get stamina back (and a lot of health). But the hunt leader would pair well with any class that has a pet...stam sorc w clanfear, or stam warden.

(Stam sorc are way fun. I recommend that over a magic dk, which are boring right now).

Magic

I feel like magic secondary sets are less set than stamina. It really depends on what your character needs. Most any set will do.

Necropotence is very strong for pet builds.

Spinners is the magic version of spriggans. For builds that need power.

Monster helms

I like these, and there are so many available now that you can customize them to the character’s play style. You can buy the helms with AP or gold then farm the shoulders if you don’t want to run vet dungeons.

For each set, read the tool tip and think about how it procs and what it’s doing. Valkyn is the best single target magic dps set...it procs with damage over time. So a build that does a lot of this is ideal. Grotdarr is amazing for builds that are in-your-face - Templars, magblades, mag dk. And I carry engine guardian around still because sometimes I play solo dungeons and the resources are nice.

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your English is very good. I have twelve characters - every class and resource combination plus some spares. I can give you some tips on how I geared them.

There are two similar sets that work perfect as your base sets - Julianos for magic and Hundings rage for stamina. Every single one of my characters gets a set of these when they “graduate,” purple gear and gold weapons. These are very versatile sets and will last you a long time. I like to make sure my weapons are the craft set because farming drop weapons is annoying. And I actually make all seven body pieces for a character. If I’m using different drop sets, like a pve set and a different PvP set, it’s easier just to have a piece of everything in Hundings to make things simpler.

Secondary sets

You have many options. One good guide is alcasthq.com. He always puts an alternate setup to his builds with the easier to get sets. But here are my favorites:

Stamina

Spriggans: it’s just pure power. Nothing fancy, perfect for builds that need dps help.

Briarheart: I love this on my stamblade. It provides almost as much power as spriggans, but the heals really help. Especially if I’m doing an undaunted dungeon solo or something like that.

Creative combo: I set this up on my stam sorc and I like it. It’s not like trial quality, but whatever. I do a combo of hunt leader and morkuldin. When my silly sword attacks, I get stamina back (and a lot of health). But the hunt leader would pair well with any class that has a pet...stam sorc w clanfear, or stam warden.

(Stam sorc are way fun. I recommend that over a magic dk, which are boring right now).

Magic

I feel like magic secondary sets are less set than stamina. It really depends on what your character needs. Most any set will do.

Necropotence is very strong for pet builds.

Spinners is the magic version of spriggans. For builds that need power.

Monster helms

I like these, and there are so many available now that you can customize them to the character’s play style. You can buy the helms with AP or gold then farm the shoulders if you don’t want to run vet dungeons.

For each set, read the tool tip and think about how it procs and what it’s doing. Valkyn is the best single target magic dps set...it procs with damage over time. So a build that does a lot of this is ideal. Grotdarr is amazing for builds that are in-your-face - Templars, magblades, mag dk.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi guys,

My chars (all DPS):
    - stamina warden, dw/bow

Clever alchemist is a PVP set designed to increase burst, its not so good for sustained dps.

With a magicka sorc you cannot go wrong with Julianos and Necropotence.
    If you want to use a monster set you'll need a good 4pc set like Infallible Aether.
    You can run normal trails (AA, Helra, SO) to get the weapons and gear pieces, for purple jewelry you'll need to run vet trails.

Gear setup A:
    5x Julianos
    5x Necropotence
    1x Domihaus (or Ilambris)

Gear setup B:
    2x Maw (or Ilambris)
    5x Necropotence
    4x Infallible Aether (body)

Gear setup C:
    2x Maw (or Ilambris)
    5x Julianos
    4x Infallible Aether (jewelry+body)