Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

My guild posted an offer too good to be true

Jedi1josh
Jedi1josh
✭✭
So a guild I belong to just posted that anyone who messages a certain guild members (I won't use his or her name here) with a message saying "I consent to receive one year of eso plus, plus an extra 18,000 crowns" this apparently will be given by a gamemaster who has yet to join the guild. This feels like a scam and I'm wondering how do I report this?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a scam unless they're taking something from you, or trying to trick you out of items or money.
    It just sounds like a harmless joke to me. Not sure why you'd report that.

Edited by SydneyGrey on January 15, 2018 6:33PM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting. Is ingame chat considered to be written consent? If so, this could be construed to be a binding statement to actually buy this. Not that that would be any good for the "scammer"...

Somehow that statement doesn't sit right with me....
    Edited by Leandor on January 15, 2018 7:05PM
  • Jedi1josh
    Jedi1josh
    ✭✭
    Actually it's not in game chat, it's meant to be sent through PSN mail. I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure how to post a screenshot.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Interesting. Is ingame chat considered to be written consent? If so, this could be construed to be a binding statement to actually buy this. Not that that would be any good for the "scammer"...
    Somehow that statement doesn't sit right with me....
    From the way Jedi worded it, it sounds like it would be (supposedly) given free, not something they would buy. If it was another player trying to get them to buy it, then yes, it would be a scam. If they're claiming they'd give it away free, then it's either a joke or it's legit.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They’re just pranking the person they’re telling you to message. Poor dude is probably getting all sorts of messages and scratching his head
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    They’re just pranking the person they’re telling you to message. Poor dude is probably getting all sorts of messages and scratching his head
    This.