Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The Summerset Chapter Game Map Hopes

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Since Summerset has been all but confirmed as 2018s Chapter, then lets start talking about what we might find there. I myself know nothing of the place, but what I do is that its somehow even more pristine and idyllic than Auridon.

I can always look up a political map of the island, but what of its geography? Will there be a mountainous region? Large cities considering this is the Altmer seat of power? Or is this just gonna be a jumbled reuse of Auridon assets.
CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's rather flat..I'm a bit sick of mounta8ns and cliffs everywhere and you can't find a way around. It is farmlands so maybe.

But isn't it technically sumurset not summerset which is summereset isles

Anyways just more altimer stuff I'm sure

• teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    Well, auridion is part of the the sumurset isles so you can either expect that, or since the only other game where we visited sumurset was arena it might be completely flat with a few pits of death filled with water :/
    Argonian masterrace
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    latest?cb=20130219002308
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope there's a new trial again. Love getting fresh content for end-game PVE.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on July 15, 2018 4:59PM
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is confirmed yet untill there is an official announcement from ZoS. Till then I keep all options open.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far we only know we will get to see Artaeum, which could look like anything really. Summerset proper is not a certainty atm.

That said, Eton Nir is the highest mountain on Summerset. The city of Cloudrest is at the top.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    So far we only know we will get to see Artaeum, which could look like anything really. Summerset proper is not a certainty atm.

That said, Eton Nir is the highest mountain on Summerset. The city of Cloudrest is at the top.

Faulgor said it all. Just for clarity, Cloudrest is on Alinor, not Artaeum.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ratzkifal wrote: »

There's no way ZOS would release such a small chapter.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »

artaeum could be the small dlc that compliments Alinor. like clockwork to vvardenfell
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    latest?cb=20130219002308
    ...what is this, a map for ants? :p;)
    gallery_3108_197_98318.jpg.2f3c04c42e8a9435c8f853cee3f842aa.jpg
    2000?cb=20120706152110
    Better! :D

An examination of the map does indeed show a central mountain range... but also some wide areas without any such mountains... cautious estimation would indicate it will not be all flatlands then, but a nice mix again.

Of course, all of the sumerset isle proper would seem a bit large for a DLC - thuse are generally zone sized, and the main isle would easily make two or even three zones, yes? So, we can only speculate... will it be an expansion? Or maybe a DLC just opening one part of sumerisle proper?
    ...or merely artaeum as "homebase" and most of the questing done in Spiral Skein (which would be quite likely now that I think of it)?
    Radinyn wrote: »

artaeum could be the small dlc that compliments Alinor. like clockwork to vvardenfell
    Or the reverse. Artaeum and excursions into mephalas realm as DLC, and later on, the rest of Sumerset isle as expansion?
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope there's a new trial again. Love getting fresh content for end-game PVE.
    Personally, I'm hoping for a new solo or small group(2-player) arena.

Edited by Leogon on January 17, 2018 10:44AM