Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Undaunted guys give me too much credit...

duendology
duendology
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I finally got myself a decent gear and learnt the rotation well enough to stay alive and clear a public dungeon on my own (t takes longer than when you're in the group but I don't mind).. and I mean the not too complicated dungeons.
So I wanted to try my chances with the pledges. And I know there's a rotation of pledges etc.. but everyone gives me dungeons of vet level...and I KNOW I can't do them on my own. :( Needless to say I am "not there yet" when it comes to doing vet dungeons in general
Oh I am Breton MagSorc 413+ CP
I guess my only option is to group with other pledge takers?
PC/NA
- Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
- Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
- Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
And..
- High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Open your group window. Check right hand side at the top. Switch from "Veteran" to "Normal". Pledges are now normal mode.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before One Tamriel, things were really complicated with the dungeons and Part 1 and 2 and pledge keys (silver, gold) etc. :)

Now it's rather simple. You get three pledges each day, one from Maj (tier 1-3 dungeons), one from Glirion (tier 4-6 dungeons), one from Urgarlag (DLC dungeons). You can do all of them on normal or vet, as you please. On vet, you can also choose to activate/do the hard mode to give the boss more health and damage (or fulfill certain requirements in some dungeons).

The difference is the rewards you get. For normal and vet, you get one key. For vet HM, you get two keys. You can spend the keys in any of the three chests, you don't need to do Urgarlag pledges to open her chest.

You also get different amounts of points in the undaunted skill line. I can't recall all of the figures, but I remember that normal gives 10 points and vet HM in DLC dungeons gives 25 points.
    Edited by Loc2262 on January 14, 2018 7:48PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you just need to set your dungeon mode to normal in the group UI. Solo pledges on normal mode.

This applies to every dungeon you do btw. Including trials and maelstrom arena and dragonstar arena.

You change from vet to normal at the click of a button.
    Edited by Haquor on January 14, 2018 11:36PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you set dungeons to normal you can solo most. However, I find them perfect for two. If you have a friend...maybe a tank or magplar or stam sorc...you can. I’ve through them way faster.

Be aware that even normal undaunted dungeons are designed for 4 players. As such, there are sometimes mechanics that will make it hard to solo the dungeon. In some a boss might hold you down and another player is supposed to release you. If you encounter one of these, you’ll need a friend. And some will still be very, very hard solo. But you can get through most, and it’s great practice.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for the tips, guys.
    I set the group finder to normal but I still get dungeons with the terrifying "II" next to the dungeon name. ;) I guess it's rotation.

I don't care much for rewards at this stage I just need to practice. :) Yes, these are group activities a reason why it takes longer when you're on your own. I don't mind though. Pets are helpful. In this little team of mine "Joe" the Familiar seems to take the role of a tank, and with some buffs he does pretty decent damage. ;)

Anyway, next step... If I perform well on my own THEN I try the vet ones... not on my own of course. But I figured that if I can stay alive on my own in normal ones... then I can be actually useful while doing the vet ones. Besides, there's no other way to learn the vet ones.
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to be afraid of the "II" dungeons. While they are more difficult than the "I" ones, and since last patch you need to be level 45 to get them through the random dungeon finder, they no longer imply "vet" dungeons like before One Tamriel. There's a normal and vet version of all "I" and "II" dungeons now.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP