Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Returning player looking to get into Warden class

txtorpedo
txtorpedo
✭✭
Is it viable? Any good builds, preferably stam but mag is fine as well.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For pvp, very strong class. Stam or Magic both work well.
    For pve, stam is good, but other stam classes can be slightly better. Magic is not good.
  • SevenKegs
    SevenKegs
    Soul Shriven
    They have a good potential for burst damage as stamina build and their class skills give them really good sustainability. Great of PvP as stamina build but for PvE they are a weaker damage dealing class.

Magicka though works great in both PvP and PvE. They make fantastic healers.
    Asmundr Seven-Kegs - Nord Tank/HP Dragonknight - 1HS/1HS XBOX NA
    Baldr Seven-Kegs - Nord Stamina Sorcerer - Werewolf - DW/Bow XBOX NA
    Einarr Seven-Kegs - Nord Magicka Nightblade - Vampire - Destruction Staff/Destruction Staff XBOX NA
    Gudbrandr Seven-Kegs - Nord Magicka Templar - Vampire - Destruction Staff/1HS XBOX NA
    Halvardr Seven-Kegs - Nord Stamina Warden - Werewolf - DW/Bow XBOX NA
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to be a healer, go with magicka, but I've heard their DPS isn't as good as stamina wardens.
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes pve magwarden is pretty bad and needs buffs dps wise. Any other spec works fine.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t understand why everyone complains about warden dps. If stam sorcs can get by with only hurricane as a class damage skill, surely wardens can to? Also you hear people complaining wardens need buffs because they’re not statistically the best dps, but have you ever seen a dragon knight healer? No one complains about that.
  • Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina warden is decent in PvE, not really 'top tier' but is competitive I think. Great in PvP. Magicka is meh for DPS, but depending on what you want to do it's still tolerable.
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends entirely on what you want to do with it.

Others have outline the strengths and weaknesses above, but if you're just looking for normal gameplay and not top rankings it should be fine in all areas.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam warden can pull great numbers in pve with bear and war machine. And it is probably best class in pvp now. The other 2 tanky class (magplar stamdk) clearly have less burst than stam warden.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Recently I made a stamina warden and I'm having lots of fun with it. I deal about 30k single target DPS on dummy, I'm running 2x velidreth, 5x hundings range 5x vicious ophidian (can use spriggans because it's easier to get) and also a maelstrom bow (and two daggers).

Stamwardens are really strong for pvp (which is why I made the char in the first place) but I don't have enough experience to talk about that ;p as for pve they are not the best class out there but really fun ^^
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I don’t understand why everyone complains about warden dps. If stam sorcs can get by with only hurricane as a class damage skill, surely wardens can to? Also you hear people complaining wardens need buffs because they’re not statistically the best dps, but have you ever seen a dragon knight healer? No one complains about that.

stam sorcs also have better damage passives and you are forgetting bound armaments
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on my experience:
    • Wardens can be the most fun to level of the stamina options because of the versatility of their class skills, especially the spammable ranged attack and the stamina-based heals.
    • Magicka wardens are fine for group healing.

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree with @Partomax and @FrancisCrawford. During the New Life event I leveled up three chars, magplar, stamplar and stamden, and for the latter I really liked the fact that I for once do NOT have to go to Cyrodiil to get a worthwhile stamina heal! ;)

Combine that heal with Deadly Cloak or Brawler, and you're set for really well-protected solo play!

@Partomax: You probably mean "Two-Fanged Serpent" as opposed to "Vicious", right? Since Spriggan would be the alternative for Two-Fanged (penetration), not Vicious. Also, how do you use two five-piece sets, a monster set, AND a maelstrom bow and two daggers? :) Probably not at the same time?
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The pvp brigade recon it’s overpowered, in pve it’s a bit of a letdown to be honest, the timings are a mess and it’s magic version has pretty much the lowest dps in the game. The stamina version has good healing but it doesn’t realy do anything the others can’t and most stamina builds are pretty standardised. It can technically pump out more healing than a Templar... but... the Templar is far easier to use and when you have players running around in full blind panic mode, their health bouncing around like elastic underwear, what you need more than anything is a thing that’s simple to use. Warden healers have a poor reputation because a lot of their best heals need to be aimed and anyone doing a vet dungeon with one will tell you how messy that gets

Edited by Integral1900 on January 28, 2018 11:21AM
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    I completely agree with @Partomax and @FrancisCrawford. During the New Life event I leveled up three chars, magplar, stamplar and stamden, and for the latter I really liked the fact that I for once do NOT have to go to Cyrodiil to get a worthwhile stamina heal! ;)

Combine that heal with Deadly Cloak or Brawler, and you're set for really well-protected solo play!

@Partomax: You probably mean "Two-Fanged Serpent" as opposed to "Vicious", right? Since Spriggan would be the alternative for Two-Fanged (penetration), not Vicious. Also, how do you use two five-piece sets, a monster set, AND a maelstrom bow and two daggers? :) Probably not at the same time?

VO jewelry + 2 armor pieces = 5p
    then 2 hundings rage daggers + 3p gear
    and monster set

also yes twice fanged would probably be better but I was saying what I was running and that's not it ^^

and yes I dont have the full hundings rage set bonus on maelstrom backbar
    PC/EU - This is a signature