The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do people target me?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Whenever I head into Cyrodiil, I always end up getting the feeling I get targeted specifically.

Not when I'm alone. I'm (a scrub and) usually run with groups cause more power in numbers, but even then I make sure I'm never charging in the first wave cause I'm a "weekend warrior" of PvP. I don't have a PvP build, my characters are fully geared toward PvE and I'm set in that way, I'm a glass cannon. However I'm not sure other players can tell I'm that way at first glance. At most they'll see I don't use Shuffle and I'm not cloaking much. But it almost never fails, when there's a fight going on and I join in, there's always one if not several enemy players that see me and immediately make a beeline away from the ones they were fighting, to just pound me into the floor. Then they go back to what they were doing.

Just today there was a moment at an Arrius resource, about four or five of us were fighting this Yellow duo and I was constantly targeted and burst down. When the others got them occupied, one player would Res me, but immediately after I got up the two Yellows would charge and burst me down again. This repeated a couple more times, and I even waited several seconds to Res hoping to throw them off. It didn't work and they still charged me the moment I got up. This also applies to Nightblades. I'll be running with a group clearing the area around a fight and I'll be the one ganked over and over.

I can't be annoying enough for players in Vivec to remember my Gamertag, so do I just radiate the aura of the weak link? Do people intentionally single others out?
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a low CP number? What’s your health at? Do you wear obvious light armor and no shields?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Do you have a low CP number? What’s your health at? Do you wear obvious light armor and no shields?

I'm a 690, my NB's health in Cyrodiil sits at about 22k-ish, and I don't sword and board. I'm a DW/Bow PvE build.
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol do you expect enemy players to leave you alone?
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm are you using snipe?
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good question, I tend to focus snipers cause of how annoying the sound is.
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do have 10 forum stars. Your name might be more recognizable than you think.
  • Oberon45
    Oberon45
    ✭✭✭
    Since you are very active on these forums, if a player recognizes you, they are more likely to target you. Whenever I see folks from the forums in game, I always take notice (I see you in Rawlka from time-to-time). There are less of us XB folks very active on the forums compared to PC, so you stand out. I notice others in game as well like Waffenacht whenever we cross paths.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They’re usually easy kills when pressed but can hurt if left to just fire at you while you’re busy fighting someone else and not dodging.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I expect the fights to be more random. Why would a player who's already deeply engaged with someone completely drop and ignore them to go after someone else 20 feet away who's less of a threat?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They’re usually easy kills when pressed but can hurt if left to just fire at you while you’re busy fighting someone else and not dodging.

I guess you just answered my question. So then the common response to a sudden Sniper is to focus and get rid of them first.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well also if people see a squishy target they will take them down first as they do more dmg (usually) and then go back to the tanky hard to kill ones
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    pro tip: spend less time on forums whining and attention seeking and more time "gettin gud".
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

I'm a 690, my NB's health in Cyrodiil sits at about 22k-ish, and I don't sword and board. I'm a DW/Bow PvE build.

lets see...

NB, 22k health, sits in the back so most likely snipe spammer

MUST KILL INSTANTLY AND MAKE SURE IT STAYS DEAD !

seriously you play the most cancerous class/build combination in the entire game that also just happens to be a freekill if you get close to them. on top of that you´re running pve gear which means you do even more dmg with that aids skill and are even squishier than your regular snipe spammer.

and you wonder why you get singled out? xD
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    only an AD templar bow healer, spamming snipe and BoL would get more attention
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pro tip: spend less time on forums whining and attention seeking and more time "gettin gud".

@xb1LL_mr_sir_LL Oh hello there! It's been awhile since I've had the pleasure of reading the pathetic cesspool of words you put together. :)
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say full PvE build are you all divines? If you are and a player has smashed you in seconds before, then they will remember you as an easy kill and would rightly so get rid of you as soon as possible when out numbered.

Forget what the others have said if being a bowtard is your thing then stick to it but get better at your positioning and know who you can burst down and when to run. If you come across a proper small scale group you aint getting a kill unless you go full gank blade and even then chances are very slim.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you’re most likely being targeted. Either a small dot or aoe hits you and they see you take bigger damage than others(lack of impen) and prioritize you because you have threatening damage but poor mitigation. Target priorities is small scale outnumbered combat 101.

Also, being a known forum poster attracts attention as well. I can’t tell you how many times I catch an ulti dump from 3+ people I’ve never even seen before the moment I engage a fight. I’m left to assume it’s either a game related GT or being known on forums in a lot of these situations
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol... I think I was the one who targeted you honestly cause this sounds very familiar. If this was indeed me (which I’m pretty sure it was), I targeted you out of instinct. So many people in Cyrodil have high health and sword and shield. At this point I can just look at people and tell if they will get easily bursted down. When I’m outnumbered and I know that I can’t survive, I target a person I know will die in just a few hits, and kill them right before the Zerg gets me. This way I at least get some AP and I don’t respawn feeling quite as defeated.
    Edited by Stamicka on January 14, 2018 6:56AM
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a raid lead i call priority targets on healers, sorcs, and squishy nbs, the things that interrupt a group. But people could also be looking at your health and trying to kill you for a vd proc on your buddys or maybe your ranged so closing the gap is dps top priority to not die
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely notice names, particularly in zerg battles...

I 100% though do keep track of folks health bars - about the only thing I really do pay attention to...pvping with 22k health is like ringing the dinner bell...

unless you have some stuff going on which is seriously mitigating damage - if your health bar is disappearing in huge chunks - i'm heading in your direction...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    PVP these days all people are tanky AF, so the easiest way in group fights is to find the squishy ones first and then take out the tanky players last. :wink:
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I expect the fights to be more random. Why would a player who's already deeply engaged with someone completely drop and ignore them to go after someone else 20 feet away who's less of a threat?

Cos you're the danger they can reduce quickly

Left unchecked a glass canon sniper can do a lot of damage and smart players have learned to prioritise high danger targets fast ...

So snipers if they are on the ground get hit, healers get hit ... The damage dealers in a group of tanks get hit

• Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    so do I just radiate the aura of the weak link? Do people intentionally single others out?

yes and yes. 22k nb glasscannon who doesn't stealth or dodge. You are like honey to a bee. Weak targets are easy pickings and any player with some pvp experience will spot and target you for an easy kill.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I head into Cyrodiil, I always end up getting the feeling I get targeted specifically.

Not when I'm alone. I'm (a scrub and) usually run with groups cause more power in numbers, but even then I make sure I'm never charging in the first wave cause I'm a "weekend warrior" of PvP. I don't have a PvP build, my characters are fully geared toward PvE and I'm set in that way, I'm a glass cannon. However I'm not sure other players can tell I'm that way at first glance. At most they'll see I don't use Shuffle and I'm not cloaking much. But it almost never fails, when there's a fight going on and I join in, there's always one if not several enemy players that see me and immediately make a beeline away from the ones they were fighting, to just pound me into the floor. Then they go back to what they were doing.

Just today there was a moment at an Arrius resource, about four or five of us were fighting this Yellow duo and I was constantly targeted and burst down. When the others got them occupied, one player would Res me, but immediately after I got up the two Yellows would charge and burst me down again. This repeated a couple more times, and I even waited several seconds to Res hoping to throw them off. It didn't work and they still charged me the moment I got up. This also applies to Nightblades. I'll be running with a group clearing the area around a fight and I'll be the one ganked over and over.

I can't be annoying enough for players in Vivec to remember my Gamertag, so do I just radiate the aura of the weak link? Do people intentionally single others out?

I wear all medium armor and am squishy as all hell. I've played on PS4 na for so long that everyone usually knows it. For that reason I've racked up a lot of people who seem to single me out. Because I'm just an easy kill I guess. Might be the same with you also. If you use a bow ppl will probably single you out more. Everyone tends to try and take snipers out 1st or anyone that just runs a bow in my opinion.
    Edited by Jake1576 on January 14, 2018 2:52PM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are a NB. The most hated class for some reason in the game. Yes, people target you first because:

A: squishy
    B: annoying to most people

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

9 times out of 10 it's not your name. Most people who play this game do not keep track of who posts what on the forums.

The set-up you play is precisely the type of player I will target. Low health bow builds are usually stationary, usually fixated on their targets, usually easy to burst down. I only tag the perma-block tanks for ultimate; I'm using my abilities against the squishy people hiding behind them.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried making friends. I basically never get targeted even though most people have encountered me before. It could be that your playstyle is annoying or you are known for zerging people down. At this point in the game we all know each other. I know there is a few gankers that I will chase to the end of the map. If you are a stamblade that hides in stealth until someone is outnumbered and then incap them you are going to be targeted more than the average player. It could be that you just are really squishy and they are trying to get rid of you first
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Your a Night blade, you will get targeted. It's inevitable. Good PvP players take out the dangerous opponents first, or most annoying, hence the NB. Cheers.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on July 15, 2018 4:56PM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes a good 1vx player is the ability to find the weak players first and take them out to thin the numbers. There are alot of really good players that have trouble doing this. This is learned from hours and hours in cyro. So yeah they see some nb run up and start sniping, thats their 1st priority

Plus like in your example at the resource they blew you up so they knew they could do it again. Keep one down to thin the numbers along with the one trying to rez you. Just sounds to me like you ran into a couple experienced pvprs