Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Keep crashing

yuhroon
yuhroon
Soul Shriven
I keep crashing to desktop since today.
I already tried to repair and reinstall the game. I also deleted programdata. It just keeps happening.
Everytime I submitted the report.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While crashing do you get an error message of any kind?

Did you change anything on your setup?

Did you keep the usual stuff (drivers!) up to date?

As far as i am aware there was no patch today, so it might be related to other things then eso (like updating nvidia drivers does sometimes override graphic card priority listing).

If you can outrule the above mentioned, one would need more info on your system to help.
  • yuhroon
    yuhroon
    Soul Shriven
    Hi

thanks for your help

I did not change anything.

System specs:
    Sapphire RX 480 8Gb
    Ryzen 5 1600
    16gb RAM
    OS Win 10 newest update but nothing new compared with previous days.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @yuhroon I am just getting you started on trouble shooting, those players that really know your solution will hopefully show up later. Win 10 update was that intel-security-problem-related update, that actally should not be of your concern , unless they found our that ryzen has the same problems intel and amd have.
    As far as I can judge, your system requirements are far above minimum requirements for eso, so that should not be a reason for crashes.
    Nevertheless you may run the eso requirement checker found in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client
    (or wherever you save eso on your computer)

Secondly you can check wether eso is able to identify your hardware using the game consultant.
    For this start the eso launcher -> open the options tab, a cog-icon in the right upper corner (not "game options") -> choose "about" and run the game consultant.

Save both: a screenie of the esorequirement checker as well as the report from the game consultant.
    If your problem is related to hardware, people will need this information anyways.

Adding to it lets try the easy stuff some more:
    1) Try to run eso as admin and always use LAN when playing eso.
    2) Try to start eso with eso64.exe instead of the launcher
    (found in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client
    (or wherever you save eso on your computer)), again start eso as admin.

3) Last thing I can think of is to roll back the win10 update and check again, wether eso is running.

Good luck to you !
  • yuhroon
    yuhroon
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks @Elsterchen

It seems the problem resolved itself by doing nothing...no idea what was causing the issue

Very much thank you
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well, glad it was solved at all. :)