Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is there any benefit to running vet when dungeon set farming?

Actually_Goku
Actually_Goku
✭✭✭✭
I’m going to farm Automaton for my Stam Sorc, I normally just run crafter or world sets - is there any reason for me to run Darkshade in veteran in comparison to normal apart from items being purple? As I have a crafter, anyway, and would rather just breeze through the dungeons. Obviously jewelry being purple is preferable but apart from that is there any benefit?

Best Answers

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple jewelry and monster helm are the only difference in terms of loot for any dungeon.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
    Answer ✓
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously jewelry being purple is preferable but apart from that is there any benefit?

Nope. Get your weapons and Divines pieces a lot faster farming on normal.
    Answer ✓
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple jewelry, nuff said
    Edited by Karm1cOne on January 13, 2018 3:37PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want purple jewelry, the monster helmets is the other benefit but most magic builds don't use them.
    Note that for jewelry you want to run darkshade 1 who is far easier. Darkshade 2 helmet is for stamina sustain anyway.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, and if RNGsus hates you and doesn't give you the Divines you need, there's transmute now. :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    If you need jewelry it will only drop in purple on the veteran version. Other than that the gear will also be purple so to some degree you will be saving money and also making money from the mats you get from deconstructing the rest you don't need. Overall I'd say that, unless you need jewelry or monster set, it's not worth it
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:21AM
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DoctorESO's third point is a quite valid one. It's especially true when the dungeon in question happens to be the daily undaunted pledge. Waiting times are lower and chance to get a "breeze through it" group are higher on such days.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP