Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nightblade pvp build

supernorry
supernorry
Soul Shriven
Hello guys, I am new to ESO and its kinda hard to understand how to spec your character when playing the game. I dont know whats best for what i want: magica, health or stamina

I play an Nightblade and i want to run an Bow and Dual Wield. But i dont really know what the best build is to go for. Could someone help me with that? I want to use teleport strike and stealth abilitie for sure.

thanks in advance
Edited by supernorry on January 13, 2018 12:28PM
  • supernorry
    supernorry
    Soul Shriven
    btoop wrote: »
    If you want to use a Bow and a Dual Wield then that is totally viable (with the bow as your off-hand).

I would recommend having a search around the internet for things you can do to increase your combat effectiveness as there is a lot of different aspects to the game and things change depending on a persons play style, but here are some of the basics:

- Upgrading Stamina or Magicka will directly effect your damage dealt as well as how much of that resource you have, which means the ideal thing to do is focus on one of them.

- Make sure to use weapon/armour sets for extra bonuses.

- If you tend to play solo then Mark Target is a brilliant healing ability for Nightblades.

thanks you so mutch dude that really helped me
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good site for builds is alcasthq.com. He posts pve and PvP builds, does lower CP allocations and offers both best in slot and easier to get gear combos.

HOWEVER...if you’re a new player, don’t jump right into advanced builds. It will be confusing and frustrating. You don’t need to know all the end game specs quite yet. In your first 30 levels, focus on learning the game mechanics. Level your skills, learn them, learn how gear works, etc.

To get you started, here’s some broad nighboade advice:

- bow and dual wields are physical,weapons, so you want to be a stamina nightblade. Make sure you pick a stamina race (khajiit, redguard, wood elf and some others). It’s not the end of the world if you picked a magic race (high elf, Breton,,etc). But if you’ve just started, it might be easy to verify your race choice and roll a character that’ll work best for what you want to do.

- always put all attribute points in your fighting resource. If a stamblade, put every one in stamina. If a mag blade, magic. There are complicated reasons...don’t worry about why. The short answer is that in the end attribute points are a drop in the bucket compared to enchantments, and you can adjust your health/magic/stamina easier that way.

- spend skill points freely. There are a bazillion in the game. If you run out, go hunt some sky shards. But you can open any skills in your tree...even crafting...don’t sweat it.

- don’t stress over morphs and which skills to unlock. Nothing is undoable...you can recast for a little gold in your Capitol city. Experiment with skills however you like. But to help you out a bit, when morphing a skill consider what resource it costs to cast, and what type of damage it does. If it costs stamina, that’s one clue it’s a stamina skill. But also look at damage...a stamblade’s power scales off physical damage, poison and disease. Magic characters use magic damage, shock, fire and frost.

- as a stamblade, every skill in your assassination line is good. Every skill in shadow is good. Siphoning leans more magic, although the last two skills have stamina versions. Keep all three lines leveling by slotting abilities from them when you fight.

- definitely level dual wield and bow. I recommend leveling 2h too...there are some uses for it in some content. Tip: weapon skills and the lines themselves level when they are slotted. You can still slot a 2h skill on your bar when you have a bow equipped. The button is wasted...it won’t do anything. But the skill and skill line will earn xp. This can be a good trick for leveling stuff that falls behind.

- level medium and heavy armor. You’ll mostly wear medium, but in some content a piece or two of heavy helps.

- level your legerdemain to at least 16. This allows you to reduce your sneak cost, which is vital in PvP. To level this line, free up your inventory, go to the ships in daggerfall bay and steal everything. Then go fence everything...sell some, launder some. This will level the line faster than anything else.

- you want to PvP...awesome. We always need more in the campaigns. When you’re able to enter Cyrodiil, feel free to jump right in. I personally feel the busy vet campaigns are better than the low level ones, but try either. Join a group and run around. You won’t be lethal on your own as a low level player, but you can pack a punch and earn great AP helping your team.

- one major reason to jump in PvP early is vigor. This is your only burst heal as a stamblade...and it will change your life. You need about 85,000 AP total to unlock it. A keep capture is 6k, so we are talking a dozen or so captures and you’re there. Unlock it early and then use it in pve...it will be a core skill for you as a squishy stamblade.

- stick with it. Stamblades are awesome...I have logged hundreds of hours on mine. But be aware that they come into their power a little later than other classes. Some of their core skills start as crap magic skills (veiled strike). Others are unlocked late in the lines - every dang skill at the end of the class and weapon lines are great for stamblades. And the weapon ultimates are amazing. Be aware you’ll struggle at points, and sometimes you’ll be underpowered. Then at some point in your 40’s the character will come together and hit like a truck. A dark, stealthy, evil assassin truck.

Like I said, experiment with abilities. But a good starter bar is:

Strife (funnel health), surprise attack, assassins blade, teleport strike, twin slash (blood craze). Any class ultimate
    Back (bow): shadow cloak (dark cloak when you’re just starting...it’s defensive), blur (mirage), snipe, 2 open buttons, should shred (soul siphon)

These are not the strongest bars in the game. But they’re a good starter setup because I’ve picked skills from various lines so that your class skills will always be working up. If a class line falls behind, swap out some skills to try to keep all three close to one another. Your most powerful skills are at the end of the lines, and you want to unlock them as you get up towards your 40’s. It’s a pain if your shadow line is only level 20 at that point. The same generally applies to your weapon lines...if bow or dual falls behind, bring in some addl skills.

Hope that helps.
  • supernorry
    supernorry
    Soul Shriven
    davey1107 wrote: »
    A good site for builds is alcasthq.com. He posts pve and PvP builds, does lower CP allocations and offers both best in slot and easier to get gear combos.

HOWEVER...if you’re a new player, don’t jump right into advanced builds. It will be confusing and frustrating. You don’t need to know all the end game specs quite yet. In your first 30 levels, focus on learning the game mechanics. Level your skills, learn them, learn how gear works, etc.

To get you started, here’s some broad nighboade advice:

- bow and dual wields are physical,weapons, so you want to be a stamina nightblade. Make sure you pick a stamina race (khajiit, redguard, wood elf and some others). It’s not the end of the world if you picked a magic race (high elf, Breton,,etc). But if you’ve just started, it might be easy to verify your race choice and roll a character that’ll work best for what you want to do.

- always put all attribute points in your fighting resource. If a stamblade, put every one in stamina. If a mag blade, magic. There are complicated reasons...don’t worry about why. The short answer is that in the end attribute points are a drop in the bucket compared to enchantments, and you can adjust your health/magic/stamina easier that way.

- spend skill points freely. There are a bazillion in the game. If you run out, go hunt some sky shards. But you can open any skills in your tree...even crafting...don’t sweat it.

- don’t stress over morphs and which skills to unlock. Nothing is undoable...you can recast for a little gold in your Capitol city. Experiment with skills however you like. But to help you out a bit, when morphing a skill consider what resource it costs to cast, and what type of damage it does. If it costs stamina, that’s one clue it’s a stamina skill. But also look at damage...a stamblade’s power scales off physical damage, poison and disease. Magic characters use magic damage, shock, fire and frost.

- as a stamblade, every skill in your assassination line is good. Every skill in shadow is good. Siphoning leans more magic, although the last two skills have stamina versions. Keep all three lines leveling by slotting abilities from them when you fight.

- definitely level dual wield and bow. I recommend leveling 2h too...there are some uses for it in some content. Tip: weapon skills and the lines themselves level when they are slotted. You can still slot a 2h skill on your bar when you have a bow equipped. The button is wasted...it won’t do anything. But the skill and skill line will earn xp. This can be a good trick for leveling stuff that falls behind.

- level medium and heavy armor. You’ll mostly wear medium, but in some content a piece or two of heavy helps.

- level your legerdemain to at least 16. This allows you to reduce your sneak cost, which is vital in PvP. To level this line, free up your inventory, go to the ships in daggerfall bay and steal everything. Then go fence everything...sell some, launder some. This will level the line faster than anything else.

- you want to PvP...awesome. We always need more in the campaigns. When you’re able to enter Cyrodiil, feel free to jump right in. I personally feel the busy vet campaigns are better than the low level ones, but try either. Join a group and run around. You won’t be lethal on your own as a low level player, but you can pack a punch and earn great AP helping your team.

- one major reason to jump in PvP early is vigor. This is your only burst heal as a stamblade...and it will change your life. You need about 85,000 AP total to unlock it. A keep capture is 6k, so we are talking a dozen or so captures and you’re there. Unlock it early and then use it in pve...it will be a core skill for you as a squishy stamblade.

- stick with it. Stamblades are awesome...I have logged hundreds of hours on mine. But be aware that they come into their power a little later than other classes. Some of their core skills start as crap magic skills (veiled strike). Others are unlocked late in the lines - every dang skill at the end of the class and weapon lines are great for stamblades. And the weapon ultimates are amazing. Be aware you’ll struggle at points, and sometimes you’ll be underpowered. Then at some point in your 40’s the character will come together and hit like a truck. A dark, stealthy, evil assassin truck.

Like I said, experiment with abilities. But a good starter bar is:

Strife (funnel health), surprise attack, assassins blade, teleport strike, twin slash (blood craze). Any class ultimate
    Back (bow): shadow cloak (dark cloak when you’re just starting...it’s defensive), blur (mirage), snipe, 2 open buttons, should shred (soul siphon)

These are not the strongest bars in the game. But they’re a good starter setup because I’ve picked skills from various lines so that your class skills will always be working up. If a class line falls behind, swap out some skills to try to keep all three close to one another. Your most powerful skills are at the end of the lines, and you want to unlock them as you get up towards your 40’s. It’s a pain if your shadow line is only level 20 at that point. The same generally applies to your weapon lines...if bow or dual falls behind, bring in some addl skills.

Hope that helps.

Wouw that is an really detailed guide thank you very mutch that is really helpfull. just one question, where is daggerfall bay?
    Edited by supernorry on January 19, 2018 11:13AM