The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Dungeon progression Help

Ookami87
Ookami87
Soul Shriven
Could do with some advice:

Started the game before christmas and had a blast with getting a few toons to 50. Found out I'm having the most fun with my sorc, so focused on that. Got to 220+ cp got myself a Julianos/necro set -> got a staff to legendary and maxed a bunch of crafting profs over my different toons. Rotation is getting somewhat better every day.

However, now I'm a bit stuck on how to continue. Tried a veteran dung and the randoms I got teamed with were dead before I even accepted the quest (Falkreath hold). So the question is where, how and what should I focus on/ what the hell am I doing wrong? All input is very much appreciated!
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Falkreath is a recent dlc dungeon, which means it's one of the hardest dungeons in the game, along with Bloodroot Forge, Ruins of Mazzatun and Cradle of Shadows. There're 2 more dlc dungeons, White-Gold Tower and Imperial Prison, but they've been nerfed many many times so are relatively easy these days(however still will be harder than non dlc dungeons, especially for an inexperienced player). There're 2 more dlc dungeons coming with next update as well.

I would most certainly advise against pugging vet dlc dungeons, at least til you can very confidently complete them with a proper team. The main difference is they have a lot of hard hitting stuff and are very mechanics heavy, requiring a proper healer, proper tank, decent dps and, most importantly, teamwork - all of which are fairly rare in pugs.

The easiest dungeons are dungeons I/the non dlc ones without a number, although there's a couple exceptions - for example Tempest Island last boss can be pretty nasty if your group doesn't follow mechanics. Wayrest I last boss also has a very nasty and hard to avoid random one-shot mechanic, along with a few other dungeons I. Something like Fungal I/Elden I is incredibly easy and should cause no issues whatsoever on vet. Next come dungeons II, which are more mechanics heavy(Fungal Grotto II in particular is known for having a pug murdering boss, Darkshade Caverns II may also prove challenging, while Wayrest and Elden II are generally really easy).

I would suggest finding a PvE guild with dungeon running people who don't mind explaining mechanics and know how to do their roles, you'll definitely notice a difference from pugs lol. Vet dlc dungeons are actually super fun but learning their mechanics with a pug would be a total nightmare.

Far as what you could be doing wrong, you have good gear and are using a rotation and I assume food, so should be fine ;) You generally want at least 17k health in vet dungeons(with food) and at least 15k single target dps. 20k would be better(and enough for pretty much any dungeon even on hm).
  • Ookami87
    Ookami87
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the advice! I'll start spamming chat in the search for a guild when I get home. Most advertise as noob friendly and cooperative but in reality never actually do anything.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day when Levels were a thing, the dungeon difficulty went up as the zone level went up. So, Zone 1 had easier dungeon than Zone 5. It kind of still roughly follows this.

So, Auridon, Grahtwood, Greenshade, Malabal Tor, Reapers March for AD, Glenumbra, Stormhaven, Rivenspire, Alikir, Bangkori for DC and Stonefalls, Deeshan, Shadowfen, Eastmarch, The Rift for EP would be the order to follow.

As for guilds that spam zone chat, a lot of people set up guilds to get enough members to have a bank, then don't care about the guild. Of course not all are like this, but it would be better to find the more established ones. Que for normal dungeons in the Group Finder. Then if you get with some decent players with some CPs, ask them if they are in a guild and if you can get an invite. While being a good player does not guarantee them to be in a good guild, most good players don't waste time with crap guilds.

If your PC/NA send me an email in the game and I can get you in a couple of good guilds. Also, there is a guild called Friendly Dungeon Runners, not sure how many platforms they are on, but that is another one for Groups. Reach out to @vamp_emily for an invite to that one, if your on the same platform.
    Edited by Nestor on January 12, 2018 3:15PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ookami87
    Ookami87
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the advise and offer Unfortunately I'm EU, but I'll try and find a PVEguild.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You could try the guild recruitment forum section, there're usually some guilds looking for members there, perhaps you could find one that'd fit. Good luck :)