The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why they dont fix cyrodill

LittlePinkDot
LittlePinkDot
✭✭✭✭✭
Ive read all the complaints about cyrodill and Im pretty sure its obvious why they havent added anything new to cyrodill.
They cant charge more money for anything added to cyrodill because everybody already got that whole map with the original game purchase.
They had left IC out of the original game so they could charge money with a DLC later on.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is the bit everyone wants fixed in Cyrodiil has nothing to do with mechanics and gameplay, people are annoyed with the stability which they seem to be working on constantly but with no simple fix to solve everything.

That said it's been a damn long time since we heard from Wheeler about anything going with Cyrodiil, with yet another dungeon based DLC coming out Q1 and then Q2 being another story expansion I'm kind of wondering when we'll see or hear from him.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    The thing is the bit everyone wants fixed in Cyrodiil has nothing to do with mechanics and gameplay, people are annoyed with the stability which they seem to be working on constantly but with no simple fix to solve everything.

That said it's been a damn long time since we heard from Wheeler about anything going with Cyrodiil, with yet another dungeon based DLC coming out Q1 and then Q2 being another story expansion I'm kind of wondering when we'll see or hear from him.

If I saw Wheeler's name pop up in an Amber Alert, I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

TBH, the reason that nothing happens with PVP at this point is economics. We don't make them the money that DLCs and new crown store doodads will.

The PVP community is a tiny fraction of the playerbase as a whole. A loud, obnoxious one, yes, but just a small one.

It's simply not cost effective to throw the level of resources necessary to fix Cyrodiil at us. Instead they let things get tweaked and tinkered on in the spare time of the devs while the lion's share of dev resources are about continuing to add DLC content to the game.

When people ask me about MMOs, if they just want to PvE, I go ahead and recommend ESO to them. If they PVP, I do not..
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on January 11, 2018 10:08PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ive read all the complaints about cyrodill and Im pretty sure its obvious why they havent added anything new to cyrodill.
    They cant charge more money for anything added to cyrodill because everybody already got that whole map with the original game purchase.
    They had left IC out of the original game so they could charge money with a DLC later on.

? eh?

This.

I am sure we will get our normal every 5 millenia stonewalling lying rubbish band aid possible fix thingie fix though.

Personally I care about results, not their normal crap.

Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sooo what do you think about the dev team adding the cyrodill improvements with the next chapter DLC?. Like adding more stuff to do in Cyrodill, town battles ect. But only in a new Campaign, not in Vivec ect. So esentially youre paying for a pve chapter and a new and improved campaign.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sooo what do you think about the dev team adding the cyrodill improvements with the next chapter DLC?. Like adding more stuff to do in Cyrodill, town battles ect. But only in a new Campaign, not in Vivec ect. So esentially youre paying for a pve chapter and a new and improved campaign.

So we pay for a stable gaming enviroment in pvp that we have not had since 2014 when it should be in the game by default and worse it is a chapter to pay extra for, and just to add extra insult, pve?

How about a resounding hell no, if ZoS was stupid enough to do that, I would imagine the pvp pop would lynch them.

But saying that, Cyro does need more objectives to spread peeps out but we aint paying extra for something we should have all the time, i.e stability.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, the main reasons are:

1. Low popularity among its current main audience
    2. No method of monetizing non-subs at an AvA level
    3. It will cost too much to fix the underlying issues -- including client security

I think that the game faced an existential crisis after its bad launch in 2014 and a plan was devised to adapt the game to a different audience than it was made for. I think at this time the decision was made to put Cyrodiil on life support; which is what happened in practice.

I am sort of an optimist, so I have hoped that finishing Cyrodiil is still on a long term roadmap, but that seems less likely each PTS. Though it is possible that more of the game's core audience will come to enjoy PVP as they become more experienced MMO players, making it more viable for investment.

I believe AvA has potential to be incredibly popular among the greater PVP online gaming audience -- especially on PC -- and ZOS has made a huge mistake by practically ceasing its development. It is a missed opportunity with, perhaps, a closing window.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

So we pay for a stable gaming enviroment in pvp that we have not had since 2014 when it should be in the game by default and worse it is a chapter to pay extra for, and just to add extra insult, pve?

How about a resounding hell no, if ZoS was stupid enough to do that, I would imagine the pvp pop would lynch them.

But saying that, Cyro does need more objectives to spread peeps out but we aint paying extra for something we should have all the time, i.e stability.

When you say stability, Im assuming you're talking about the lag?
    Im on Ps4 and have a fiberoptic connection. Lag doesnt seem to be much of a problem for me. I wonder how much lag is caused by crappy internet connection, or if on PC, caused by add ons.
    My biggest complaint is that cyrodill is practically empty.
    They added BGs with the Morrowind chapter, which was smart because they got all the PVE people to pay for it. So I could see them doing something like that again.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    IMO, the main reasons are:

1. Low popularity among its current main audience
    2. No method of monetizing non-subs at an AvA level
    3. It will cost too much to fix the underlying issues -- including client security

I think that the game faced an existential crisis after its bad launch in 2014 and a plan was devised to adapt the game to a different audience than it was made for. I think at this time the decision was made to put Cyrodiil on life support; which is what happened in practice.

I am sort of an optimist, so I have hoped that finishing Cyrodiil is still on a long term roadmap, but that seems less likely each PTS. Though it is possible that more of the game's core audience will come to enjoy PVP as they become more experienced MMO players, making it more viable for investment.

I believe AvA has potential to be incredibly popular among the greater PVP online gaming audience -- especially on PC -- and ZOS has made a huge mistake by practically ceasing its development. It is a missed opportunity with, perhaps, a closing window.

That's kinda of why I keep saying BGs are the PvP updates everyone had been asking for.

If only they not locked BGs behind Morrowind...
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Texas
    Texas
    ✭✭✭

Im on Ps4 and have a fiberoptic connection. Lag doesnt seem to be much of a problem for me. I wonder how much lag is caused by crappy internet connection, or if on PC, caused by add ons.
    They added BGs with the Morrowind chapter, which was smart because they got all the PVE people to pay for it. So I could see them doing something like that again.

See the bolded portion of your post above and you can probably figure out why Cyrodiil isn't the laggy mess the rest of us have endured since June 2014.
    Vehemence Mindless Zergling
    All Classes and All Factions
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not surprised at all why Cyrodiil is Became empty on many campings. Do you know why?
    Here are the facts what you all forgot to mention or just simply ignores these facts.
    First. lets say a new player join to the camping lets name one Shor just for example. The new players see how cool and big this area is, there are skyshards to collect too and lot of quests, lorebooks, and stories, and omg even the imperial city is there including quests there and nice achievments to get with cool rewards(no i am not talking about the worthy rewards) so it is a realy eye candy for a new commer.

Lets say for just for the example he is a dominion guys (dont boo him or her this is jsut example dont be hars on that) He opens the map and he is trying to get some stuffs, lets say skyshard or he is there for the crown because of the achievment or the coustume or what every reason. Basicly the dominion probably have around active 8 players on Shor he joins their group , and then comes the Zerg fest from the other 2 Factions, they cant compete against them. Why? well because it hase been prooven that in Shor (pc EU) they are doing constant Emperor boost for real and in game money services. The dominion basicly wiped out from the face of nirn in cyrodiil, becasue most of the players (who plays in legit ways withouth any shady profit earings behind their thought) just realiezed how bad is the situation and they rather abandon the place for ever, because tehy realize thats not fun anymore. and they rather finding their other way in game to compete in legit ways wich cannot be effected by realy money or gold boosts.

The couse of your campings emptines is written to the bills of the Emp and Ic bossters bills. Not to mention other facts that basicly the close gap bugs, wlaking through closed door, exploiters, and unkillable DK's (nice character balance ZOS) one shot kills (impenetrabel stats basicly means nothing, and the list goes on, and you are all suprised why the campings are dead empty? :D Look around you guys you know exactly what sheet fest going on in Cyrodiil and dont act like you dont know cos thats f...ing transparent. You can pretend you are blind and you can ignore these facts, but the effect and damage was already done, and thats why you are all acting like a suprised individual while every answer is basicly in fornt of your very eyes. And ZOS Do knows these. They just rather Milking the coustumers with new content and they dont give a damn thing to fix problems at all.
    Edited by TheValar85 on January 12, 2018 6:53AM
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I saw Wheeler's name pop up in an Amber Alert, I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

TBH, the reason that nothing happens with PVP at this point is economics. We don't make them the money that DLCs and new crown store doodads will.

The PVP community is a tiny fraction of the playerbase as a whole. A loud, obnoxious one, yes, but just a small one.

It's simply not cost effective to throw the level of resources necessary to fix Cyrodiil at us. Instead they let things get tweaked and tinkered on in the spare time of the devs while the lion's share of dev resources are about continuing to add DLC content to the game.

When people ask me about MMOs, if they just want to PvE, I go ahead and recommend ESO to them. If they PVP, I do not..

PVP pop is bigger population then most think . I just watched a documentary on swtor and after Ilum was abandoned , tors subs went under half in one year . I would love to hear actual sub numbers from first six months in ESO and current Sub numbers . Information all MMOs try to hide after B2P transition same with swtor . Knowing we'll never get that information the point remains the same . Fix Cyrodil and watch the game become twice as successful as it is now .
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PVP pop is bigger population then most think . I just watched a documentary on swtor and after Ilum was abandoned , tors subs went under half in one year . I would love to hear actual sub numbers from first six months in ESO and current Sub numbers . Information all MMOs try to hide after B2P transition same with swtor . Knowing we'll never get that information the point remains the same . Fix Cyrodil and watch the game become twice as successful as it is now .

Well Sadly thats never going to happen. We all have to face that fact. it will be cool and i would gladly pray for every divine and daedra for that, but its not going to happen. why? becasuse thats not how ZOS works. It is not hard to see thorught their busninse model.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I said empty I meant the map is empty space. They have alot they could fill in. I wasnt talking about population. PS4 vivec is always pop locked.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH, the reason that nothing happens with PVP at this point is economics. We don't make them the money that DLCs and new crown store doodads will...
    If Zenimax thinks that, they're probably wrong.

I'm a PS4 Console player. I have ESO Plus. I buy stuff from the crown store. And the reason I log in every day is... PvP

It's getting old, the bugs, the lag, the imbalance (Population, not combat) and I'm slowly getting turned off. When I'm done, there goes my $15/month sub and my random crown pack purchases. Granted, not all PvP players sub and spend money on the game, but I'll wager many do. And many in PvP day after day are clearly there to PvP, because they're in PvP. All. The. Time.

PS4NA
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't you heard ? PVP focus is on BGs now. Everyone already knows it and for what reasons. I think there is nothing else to say on that matter.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on January 12, 2018 7:14PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. Honestly though what can Wheeler even say at this point. They’ve failed. It has been years now and the PvP population is low as it’s ever been because of their failure to fix the problem.

Turelus, when was it that these issues with performance started? I only began playing at PS4 launch so the performance was always bad. Was it a “Lighting Patch” that moved a lot more stuff server side w/ some anti-bot system that caused the performance issues we still deal with?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Texas wrote: »

See the bolded portion of your post above and you can probably figure out why Cyrodiil isn't the laggy mess the rest of us have endured since June 2014.

ZOS ultimate plan for fixing lag in cyrodiil revealed - they´ll declare issues solved when enough ppl left so that the remaining 7 players no longer cause any lag.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on July 15, 2018 4:59PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't care if they just lowered the pop caps to 50 per faction and opened up 10 campaigns if that's what it takes then that's what you do . You don't just give up and go silent .
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh the silence regarding the performance is worrying they act like performance is not an issue at all.

Im on PS4 so i guess i dont even know how good it was but i remember being genuinely impressed with the way the games performance was in IC arena district with the amount of players that were in the session.

Something somewhere went horribly wrong and it is getting worse its not a pvp only issue anymore.

I doubt they are still trying to fix it probably worried to break it even more or requiring extensive downtime that would be to costly or something (just sharimg thoughts, i know nothing).
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

They are trying to fix it. It's not that easy.

They're already trying it for almost 3 years. Come on you have to admit that they either can't or aren't interrested in fixing it
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

ZOS ultimate plan for fixing lag in cyrodiil revealed - they´ll declare issues solved when enough ppl left so that the remaining 7 players no longer cause any lag.

Aye said as much in Vivec PC EU the other night in zone to much hilarity although was serious

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

They already did "fix" the battleground grouping tool this way.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23