The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What determines dungeon gear?

msetten
msetten
✭✭✭✭
I just started doing dungeons, solo at first just for the fun of it. But I am wondering, what determines the gear set you get in a dungeon. Is the totally random, or does it depend on the type or role of your character? I asked as I noticed that when I tried a dungeon with my nighblade medium armor user, I got items from the medium armour set, but when I tried the same dungeon with my tank, I only got items from the heavy armour set. So, I expect it depends on your characters but I am not sure. Maybe it was just a random fluke.
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally random.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're just lucky! :D For me its other way around, I'm getting anything except the items I actually need.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which set drops for each boss is random. You can get light, medium, or heavy randomly.

Which piece drops from each boss is less random. Since one of the updates changed the drop rate to:
    Dungeon bosses and mini bosses will now drop a set piece 100% of the time.
    Mini bosses will drop either a hand, waist, or feet set piece.
    Bosses will drop either a chest, shoulder, head or leg set piece.
    The final Boss of a dungeon will drop weapons or jewelry.
    Normal mode dungeon bosses will drop blue-quality items.
    Veteran mode dungeon bosses will drop purple-quality items.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are after one set, say so during run, perhaps repeat before last boss,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.