The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What to spend 4000-9500 Crowns on? :D

avalon4eb17_ESO
avalon4eb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to ESO (previously I did participate in the Beta) and I decided to subscribe to ESO+ since I like the game world and TES in general. After subscribing I receive 9000 Crowns in addition to the original 500. I am obviously going to buy the 4-DLC Mega Pack for 5500, which leaves me with the remaining 4000 Crowns. Now the question: What should I do with the rest? Are there any other DLCs that I should buy, like the Clockwork City, HotR or SotH? Should I perhaps buy more Crowns to complete the collection, or are there some other add-0ns that I should purchase?

I would be very grateful for your assistance in the matter ;)

#FirstWorldProblems
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Extra character slots - I advise you to create a magicka and stamina version of each class and start buying inventory and training horses since that takes a long time. While you aren't playing them they can serve as storage for your gear - you'll need plenty of that since there are so many sets in this game and frequent changes can render some of them useful at some point.
    - A house if you don't have one already, but that's secondary.

Best is not to buy any DLCs and keep subscribing if you like the game since it comes with other perks like craft bag, double bank space and double house items.
    Edited by Asardes on January 10, 2018 7:34PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to ESO (previously I did participate in the Beta) and I decided to subscribe to ESO+ since I like the game world and TES in general. After subscribing I receive 9000 Crowns in addition to the original 500. I am obviously going to buy the 4-DLC Mega Pack for 5500, which leaves me with the remaining 4000 Crowns. Now the question: What should I do with the rest? Are there any other DLCs that I should buy, like the Clockwork City, HotR or SotH? Should I perhaps buy more Crowns to complete the collection, or are there some other add-0ns that I should purchase?

#FirstWorldProblems

Just save them to buy the next DLCs - you don't have to spend them now .
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

#FirstWorldProblems

Just save them to buy the next DLCs - you don't have to spend them now .

BTW the next dlc is coming in few weeks - you can buy that when it arrives.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the previous poster just said, don't use it on dlc's unless you are not going to continue being a subscriber ie do it the last time you subscribe.

In terms of what to spend it on, I would suggest the banker, which costs 5k. I own it, and it is worth every crown.

I would advise against spending it on things you can buy with in game gold eg horse training bank space etc; you can get gold pretty easily. I would also suggest not using then on crown crates, it is basically gambling, and the success rates seem very low.

Some people like using them on costumes and mounts. It is not my thing, but I can understand others doing it. As the previous poster also suggested, buying additional character slots is an idea, as long as you are going to use them. I find 8 is enough, but others will quite rightly feel differently.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the previous poster just said, don't use it on dlc's unless you are not going to continue being a subscriber ie do it the last time you subscribe.

In terms of what to spend it on, I would suggest the banker, which costs 5k. I own it, and it is worth every crown.

I would advise against spending it on things you can buy with in game gold eg horse training bank space etc; you can get gold pretty easily. I would also suggest not using then on crown crates, it is basically gambling, and the success rates seem very low.

Some people like using them on costumes and mounts. It is not my thing, but I can understand others doing it. As the previous poster also suggested, buying additional character slots is an idea, as long as you are going to use them. I find 8 is enough, but others will quite rightly feel differently.

I love this game very much and I'm here since beta - and I can tell you that ESO+ is a temporary thing.
    There are periods in your life when you go from full time player to an occasional player and vice-versa.

Buying DLC is a good option as it will not force you to keep ESO+ up.
    For example I bought Orsinium and Impreial city DLCs right away knowing that I will return to them even as a non ESO + member.

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to get the Clockwork City set that has the kagouti fabricant mount and the clockwork skeever (rat) pet in it, since eventually they'll take away the mount and pet from that pack and just sell the DLC by itself without the two extras. They did that with the Shadows of the Hist dungeon pack: at one point, it came with a guar mount and a demonic turtle-thing pet, but now it doesn't any more.

If you care about changing your character's look, there's mega hair pack that's a great deal. I use it constantly. There's also mega packs for body markings and face markings that you might want.

I do NOT suggest buying things like mimic stones, potions and poisons. You can get all of that kind of stuff in the game, so they end up being a waste of money. There are also ways to become a werewolf or vampire in the game, so you don't have to buy those from the store, either.

Edited by SydneyGrey on January 11, 2018 4:41AM
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Outfit slots!
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only buy the DLCs if you plan on not being a ESO+ sub the whole time, otherwise you're wasting your crowns.

Otherwise, I agree with the first guy to a degree, get character slots first, then wait until the new update releases so you can buy outfit slots.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can recommend the banker if you haven't gotten it, and there might be some cosmetics that you feel like you want.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the other posters said, if you are on ESO+ now, I would hold off on buying the DLC packs since you can access them already.

I would get things like;

Extra Character Slots
    Mount Speed Upgrades
    Adventurer Pack for the Any Race, Any Alliance perk - which comes in handy for making toons
    The Banker assistant
    Buy a house! - With extra storage for housing coming next patch, this is another good idea
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The banker is really good. It's 5000 crowns though.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on July 15, 2018 5:01PM
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dye stamps :trollface:
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner