Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Sets

LillyMorgana
When I get certain gear, I notice that they're part of a set of sorts. So, I got two items of a training set, and now I forget what it was called, but I got something from another set. First, what does that mean? And second, how do I complete the set, or does it pay to do so? Thank you!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Special Sets are where the power is in this game. Overall you have Magic or Stamina or Health sets. Within those, you have sets that up your damage or resources or regen or some combo.

In a nutshell, you should always wear set gear, or try to. Now, do you always need 5 pieces? Not always, 2 or 3 pieces can be enough in some cases. Once you reach CP160, then you can focus on making 5 piece sets. Even then, I have one CP160 character that has one 5 piece set and 3 two piece sets because I can stack more damage that way.

Note, Dropped Sets have Jewelry for part of the sets so you can wear two 5 piece sets if you want. You get the Jewelry from the chests you get from beating a dolmen.

While leveling, your going to be out-leveling your gear pretty quick, so I would try to focus on 2 and 3 pieces of sets as you go along, by the time you get all 5 pieces, you might have out-leveled the first piece of the set. Note you can be 5 to 10 character levels above the gear before the gear becomes to weak to be of benefit.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you move the cursor over a piece of that set you'll see something like
    (2 items) bonus x
    (3 items) bonus y
    (4 items) bonus z
    (5 items) bonus t

The number of bonuses you have from a set depends on the numbers of pieces equipped. Ex if you have 4/5 pieces you'll receive bonuses x,y,z and if you equip the 5th you'll get t as well. Note that you have 2 ability bars and the 2nd unlocks at level 15. The sets you have equiped count the weapons on that bar. For example let's say I have the said set consisting on 3 body pieces and 2 weapons on my front bar. I will receive bonuses x,y,z,t on my front bar but only x,y on back bar unless I also have weapons from the set there.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each zone has a Magic or a Stamina or a Health set. So, to complete a 5 piece, you "farm" that zone until you have all 5 pieces. Farming in this case means killing mobs and collecting the gear.

Here are all the sets in the game, both Crafted and Dropped and where to find them

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

And, here are more details about Sets in general and where to find certain pieces.
    http://esoacademy.com/set-bonus-items/
    Edited by Nestor on January 10, 2018 5:37PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LillyMorgana
    Thank you! You all are very helpful!
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also sets that are not strictly "stamina, magicka, health" but a mix of those. :) Shacklebreaker comes to mind, a new set in Vvardenfell, that increases magicka, stamina, weapon damage and spell damage.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP