Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can the Jester costume and Alliance Rider Costume be dyed?

Aelthwyn
Aelthwyn
✭✭✭✭
There are a couple of costumes I'd like to buy ONLY if they can be dyed, but either the test server dye ui is glitching out on me or you can't dye them, so I'm wondering if anyone who already owns the Alliance Rider costume or the Royal Jester costume can check if these can in fact be dyed. Also if you have 'hide helmet' on does it hide the jester hat or not? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    There are a couple of costumes I'd like to buy ONLY if they can be dyed, but either the test server dye ui is glitching out on me or you can't dye them, so I'm wondering if anyone who already owns the Alliance Rider costume or the Royal Jester costume can check if these can in fact be dyed. Also if you have 'hide helmet' on does it hide the jester hat or not? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

I don't know about the jester, but the alliance rider costume says right in the crown store listing that it can't be dyed, its colors are determined by the character's alliance.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    Aelthwyn wrote: »

I don't know about the jester, but the alliance rider costume says right in the crown store listing that it can't be dyed, its colors are determined by the character's alliance.

oh, okay somehow I missed that (sitting way across the room from my tv screen), I knew it said they were determined by your alliance I just thought that was maybe the default but that you could dye over them. oh well. I'd really like to use a more brilliant/darker blue, red, or gold on those, and maybe something other than faded white/grey for the symbols on them. Alas.

Thanks for replying!
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    Jester Yes,

Alliance No