The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone know what affects the gold reward for the daily crafting writs?

jjsmall009
jjsmall009
Soul Shriven
Is it character level? The crafting skill line level? Or do you need to put skill points into the first skill of each crafting tree?

I'm looking to make some easy money on all of my alts and was curious the best way to get the most gold from the daily writs.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Character level only.

On a max character I get 664 gold per writ.

Without checking carefully, I believe that as a general rule the other returns on the writs exceed the cost. The possible exception is clothing writs made with ancestor silk, because ancestor silk is expensive and dreugh wax isn't.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on January 10, 2018 4:08AM
  • jjsmall009
    jjsmall009
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks. Guess it's time to level a bunch of alts to 50.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real value of writs is in the non-gold rewards. I haven’t calculated it recently, but last time I did the equipment writs return an average of $2500 after material costs at full guild store prices.

Regardless...because higher rank writs return better non-gold rewards, that’s the first way to make better money. Your ornate items will be worth more, intricates produce higher value mats, you get gold tempers more often,,etc.
  • Kevin_of_Devinshire
    I never understood this either. I have 12 cp810 crafting toons and I get from 3,400 - 4,000 per toon. It's never the same.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an Imperial, I get 670 gold per turn in. Guess that 1% bonus really does count lol.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never understood this either. I have 12 cp810 crafting toons and I get from 3,400 - 4,000 per toon. It's never the same.

Are some of your characters Imperial, or did you notice this back when prosperous gear was still a thing that may have been affecting it?

3,400 vs 4,000 makes me wonder if you're only doing 5 writs on some days unknowingly. I know there was a bug once in a while where if you did writs back to back one of them (provisioning I think) wasn't resetting. Also, the gold received icon in the lower left of the screen rounds to the nearest hundred. I don't think it's ever exactly 4,000 gold for all six writs.

If it's none of those possibilities then I have no idea.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)