The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About to craft my first CP 160 gear..

AngelFires333
AngelFires333
✭✭✭✭✭
Looks like it may cost quite a few G's for the mats to make this.
Wanting to get it right.

I have been using Jeckll's Leveling gear setup Night mothers/Hundings.

7u8VHjo.jpg

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/stamina-nightblade-pve-dps-for-morrowind/

Will this suffice for solo overland or should I go more on the lines of Alcast's/Gilliam's beginners setup.
With the Hundings 5 traits taking priority over NM's.

Stam-Warden-BoE.png

http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-dps-build/

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve/

I am learning to bar swap and take advantage of dual wield daggers dmg bonus on Bow's Dot's.
Solo overland stamblade here (obviously).

Any information would be most appreciated
Please and Thank you.

Edit: Big thanks to Jeckll, Alcast and Gilliamtherogue for these great guides!
Edited by AngelFires333 on January 9, 2018 11:53PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AngelFires333, if your goal is to only do overland content then you can really run any setup that you want to.

I'm assuming you're running the training trait to get to the CP cap quickly?

Sometimes I think players miss the ride by doing mind-numbing dolmens (or similar content) over and over. Especially now that there are diminishing returns on champion points, my opinion on grinding CP is that it's overrated.

But I do agree the streaming community does an awesome job. Though there isn't anything wrong with sprinkling in some of your own theorycrafting to tailor your playstyle better.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you made it to c160...congrats. Let me draw inspiration from my bazillion hours playing my solo stamblade, lol.

Base set

In terms of stam base sets, Hundings Rage is probably the strongest choice. NMG is great, but the 5th trait debuff only performs well when the target is taking damage from multiple sources. Therefore, Hundings performs better in solo when you’re always getting the benefit of the 300 weapon damage, then NIght Mothers might outperform it only in vet dungeons and trials.

Secondary sets

Spriggans works. Defiler works. Give briarheart a look...I love it. It procs ALL the time on a stamblade, offers a really great damage boost, and the heal is very helpful. I lived in my briars while I was working up CPs...I still carry it. Alcast’s builds are for trials where you have heavy heal support. As a solo pve blade briars will bring in some needed sustain.

Weapons

I advise making weapons from your base craft set rather than drop sets. This lets you pick the trait, then also gold weapons are important - it’s better to just make two gold Hundings swords than to have to upgrade multiple secondary set weapons. And drop weapons are always annoying to farm.

Quality

You don’t need gold gear right away. Settle on sets that Work for you using purple gear. Then as you can, upgrade to gold. Weapons are where you get the biggest buff...expect a 10-15% dps boost moving from purple to gold. Hundings is such a solid set that you can be pretty comfortable upgrading your weapons to gold as quickly as you like.

After that, each gear piece only makes you like 2% better, so feel free to take your time...or even run purple gear permanently.

Traits

Divines is still considered best for body piece traits.

For dw weapon traits, most guides are recommending nirnhoned for main hand and sharp or precise for back hand. I’m not sure why they put precise on the off-hand weapon, but I trust Alcast.

For the bow, nirnhoned performs best. Why better than sharp? Nirn adds it’s buff at the front of a damage calculation, so it affects everything thereafter in the calculations. Sharpened occurs later in the formula. So if you’re shooting a target with a damage shield, the sharpened is wasted on the portion that hits the shield since penetration pushes through armor, not shields. Also, nirn increases effectiveness of things like heals, while sharp would not.

Enchants

I advise starting with all stamina, and all weapon damage on jewelry. Then hone from there. You may need to bring in a cost reduction or health glyph, but I find it easier to start strong then adjust for squishiness. On weapon enchants, take your pick. For your front dagger, weapon damage is a strong choice. When it procs it has far more damage potential than most anything else. Start with purple glyphs unless you’re rich...then when you settle on a build you can upgrade to gold enchants.

Again, congrats...I know you’ve been working hard on that NB. Once you get your new gear, you’re ready to start murdering things. To really test your setup and challenge your build, you’re going to need tougher content. Playing world bosses solo is a good start, but if you feel up for a challenge try running normal undaunted dungeons solo. I’d start in zone one dungeons...banished cells 1 and it’s counterparts. (If you get slaughtered, sorry in advance...it’s been a long time since I played with lower CPs. I think a NB can handle these solo, but I’m not entirely certain).
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Hey, you made it to c160...congrats. Let me draw inspiration from my bazillion hours playing my solo stamblade, lol.

Base set

In terms of stam base sets, Hundings Rage is probably the strongest choice. NMG is great, but the 5th trait debuff only performs well when the target is taking damage from multiple sources. Therefore, Hundings performs better in solo when you’re always getting the benefit of the 300 weapon damage, then NIght Mothers might outperform it only in vet dungeons and trials.

Secondary sets

Spriggans works. Defiler works. Give briarheart a look...I love it. It procs ALL the time on a stamblade, offers a really great damage boost, and the heal is very helpful. I lived in my briars while I was working up CPs...I still carry it. Alcast’s builds are for trials where you have heavy heal support. As a solo pve blade briars will bring in some needed sustain.

Weapons

I advise making weapons from your base craft set rather than drop sets. This lets you pick the trait, then also gold weapons are important - it’s better to just make two gold Hundings swords than to have to upgrade multiple secondary set weapons. And drop weapons are always annoying to farm.

Quality

You don’t need gold gear right away. Settle on sets that Work for you using purple gear. Then as you can, upgrade to gold. Weapons are where you get the biggest buff...expect a 10-15% dps boost moving from purple to gold. Hundings is such a solid set that you can be pretty comfortable upgrading your weapons to gold as quickly as you like.

After that, each gear piece only makes you like 2% better, so feel free to take your time...or even run purple gear permanently.

Traits

Divines is still considered best for body piece traits.

For dw weapon traits, most guides are recommending nirnhoned for main hand and sharp or precise for back hand. I’m not sure why they put precise on the off-hand weapon, but I trust Alcast.

For the bow, nirnhoned performs best. Why better than sharp? Nirn adds it’s buff at the front of a damage calculation, so it affects everything thereafter in the calculations. Sharpened occurs later in the formula. So if you’re shooting a target with a damage shield, the sharpened is wasted on the portion that hits the shield since penetration pushes through armor, not shields. Also, nirn increases effectiveness of things like heals, while sharp would not.

Enchants

I advise starting with all stamina, and all weapon damage on jewelry. Then hone from there. You may need to bring in a cost reduction or health glyph, but I find it easier to start strong then adjust for squishiness. On weapon enchants, take your pick. For your front dagger, weapon damage is a strong choice. When it procs it has far more damage potential than most anything else. Start with purple glyphs unless you’re rich...then when you settle on a build you can upgrade to gold enchants.

Again, congrats...I know you’ve been working hard on that NB. Once you get your new gear, you’re ready to start murdering things. To really test your setup and challenge your build, you’re going to need tougher content. Playing world bosses solo is a good start, but if you feel up for a challenge try running normal undaunted dungeons solo. I’d start in zone one dungeons...banished cells 1 and it’s counterparts. (If you get slaughtered, sorry in advance...it’s been a long time since I played with lower CPs. I think a NB can handle these solo, but I’m not entirely certain).

Great info man!
    Thank you very much. :)
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better to go divines for any gear above CP160

Training is not worth it imho
  • UvilleBill
    UvilleBill
    ✭✭
    Don't craft 160 gear right away! That's a TON of mats on a set-up you might not like or might not be effective for you. The cost for gold/160 vs purple/150 is much higher versus the return in performance. Especially in the training trait. After 100 CP points you are facing diminishing returns across the board, so there is no rush to level up quickly.

A 150 purple set in infused and divines will serve you just fine until you've really figured out the game and know exactly how you play. Then you can craft a finished set for yourself.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, if I were a new 160 player I wouldn't craft 160 training gear to grind CPs. CP 150 gear will be much cheaper for you and will be more than enough for overland questing content, normal-mode pledges, and some easy vet pledges. Fungal 1 would be a good, easy vet helm to get, then run normals for keys and roll for a shoulder.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, if I were a new 160 player I wouldn't craft 160 training gear to grind CPs. CP 150 gear will be much cheaper for you and will be more than enough for overland questing content, normal-mode pledges, and some easy vet pledges. Fungal 1 would be a good, easy vet helm to get, then run normals for keys and roll for a shoulder.

QFT - Even though I'm much closer to CP cap than CP 160, I still have several 50 alts that don't do anything but overland content and maybe a normal mode / easy dungeon daily here and there, and they all use purple crafted CP150 sets with training traits and CP150 enchants, though use gold CP160 weapons.
    Edited by Dawnblade on January 11, 2018 7:58PM
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To late!
    cost me around 50k all up.
    Probably would have cost me way more, if I did not have such kind souls in my guild.
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the set up I have at the moment.
    Just melting through overland.
    It has become a little to easy yo.
    lol Cant imagine what it will be like when I hit CP cap.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it may cost quite a few G's for the mats to make this.
    Wanting to get it right.

I have been using Jeckll's Leveling gear setup Night mothers/Hundings.

7u8VHjo.jpg

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/stamina-nightblade-pve-dps-for-morrowind/

Will this suffice for solo overland or should I go more on the lines of Alcast's/Gilliam's beginners setup.
    With the Hundings 5 traits taking priority over NM's.

Stam-Warden-BoE.png

http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-dps-build/

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve/

I am learning to bar swap and take advantage of dual wield daggers dmg bonus on Bow's Dot's.
    Solo overland stamblade here (obviously).

Any information would be most appreciated
    Please and Thank you.

Edit: Big thanks to Jeckll, Alcast and Gilliamtherogue for these great guides!

I have ran the build from Jeckll for a very long time on my NB and I will tell you once you get to 300+CP and gold the weapons (especially) this set hits like a truck. The crit and weapon damage and DoT from clatrops and endless hail, I can pull 30K+/- on a dummy and my rotation is clunky at times. The best part about the build is I don't have to change much. I can run vMA with just a couple of skill changes or I can run vet trials, normal or vet dungeons or delves, etc I can keep my gear and just go. I like it a lot and I think you will too. Not saying the other build is bad, but from experience Jeckll's is solid.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'll give you a preview...

Things die while you are still buffing up.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll give you a preview...

Things die while you are still buffing up.

^^^ This.

*Sees pack of overland mobs*

*Cast Boundless Storm*, *Cast Power Surge*, bar swap, *Liquid Lightning*, *Lightning Blockade*, *Heavy Att.... nevermind they're gone*
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got bored with NB.
    Made a DK Fire mage!
    Holy hot damn!
    whole lota fun.
    Thanks for all your help and tips guys.
    Peace.