Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Vampirism Curse

MercWithASmirk
MercWithASmirk
Soul Shriven
Hello. I'm fairly new to this community and hoping the game is still well and alive for me to enjoy. The first time I played TESO I had a hard time finding out how to contract vampirism and eventually gave up on the game all together. I recently learned that you could by Vampirism from the Crown Store but I was wondering if i'd still be able to do the quests if I bought it rather than contracted it In-game (I've seen mixed answers on the Internet). If I'd lose out on doing the quests I was wondering if there's anyone that would be willing to give me the bite In-game so I can play as a vampire, thanks.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be helpful to state your platform and region that you're playing at to encourage a response from a willing vampire.

Also, it is easier to travel to one of the shrines and just wait there a bit for someone to bite you. (this can take a bit). There are three shrines, one for each alliance, they are located in Bangkorai(DC), The Rift(Pact) and Reaper's March(AD).

You can try asking in the zone chat or join a guild and ask it in the guild chat. People will often bite for free.

Lastly, I was oblivious to the other options and I bought it from the crown store, but it is a waste of money and you do not receive the quest.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • MercWithASmirk
    MercWithASmirk
    Soul Shriven
    @nihirisutou I play on PC/NA but I also have a character on EU as well. Thank you for your swift reply. Going to give it a go trying to find someone IG to do the bite first, thanks!
  • SevenKegs
    SevenKegs
    Soul Shriven
    Honestly, your best bet is to go to a major hub like Aridon or such depending on faction and just ask in chat. Normally takes me like 5 mins or less to get someone to do it. Most people will do it for free but sometimes people will ask 10k+ for a bite.
    Asmundr Seven-Kegs - Nord Tank/HP Dragonknight - 1HS/1HS XBOX NA
    Baldr Seven-Kegs - Nord Stamina Sorcerer - Werewolf - DW/Bow XBOX NA
    Einarr Seven-Kegs - Nord Magicka Nightblade - Vampire - Destruction Staff/Destruction Staff XBOX NA
    Gudbrandr Seven-Kegs - Nord Magicka Templar - Vampire - Destruction Staff/1HS XBOX NA
    Halvardr Seven-Kegs - Nord Stamina Warden - Werewolf - DW/Bow XBOX NA
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you buy it, you don't get to do the quest. (There's only one quest associated with becoming a vampire or werewolf that I'm aware of.) I bought the werewolf one once, and it just turned my character automatically, and I wasn't able to do the associated quest. Later, I had a character get turned into a werewolf totally by accident in the game, and I got the quest then.

By the way, you should know that vampires are only suitable for magicka-based characters, because they scale off of your magicka, and werewolves are only suitable for stamina-based characters, because their powers scale off of your stamina.

Here's some more info about how to become a vampire:
    http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/become-vampire-eso/
    http://skyrimfansite.com/how-to-become-a-vampire-in-eso/

Edited by SydneyGrey on January 19, 2018 8:46AM