The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Morrowind furnishing plans will be available to morrowind players for writs

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
"Additionally, Rolis Hlaalu has a new assistant: Faustina Curio, the Achievement Mediator. This new merchant sells plans and furnishings for Writ Vouchers to characters that have attained certain achievements. Among these items are plans that Rolis previously stopped selling, as well as new furnishing documents that contain Morrowind furnishing plans. You can find Faustina Curio right next to Rolis Hlaalu, at the Writ drop-off area."

Ty for throwing crafters a bone... haha get it? Because dragon bones
Edited by Aliyavana on January 8, 2018 7:12PM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's true, it is....
    Awesome

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Edited by Katahdin on January 8, 2018 7:12PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh. My. God. Is this for real?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Oh. My. God. Is this for real?

Yyyyaaaaaaaaaaaas
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me while I go spend all my gold on Master writs......
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean I won't be able to make millions selling stolen Vvardenfell plans any more? I wonder what "achievements" will be required to purchase the plans, and will they be BoP like all other achievement purchases? Would be nice to finally be able to make some vellum lights for my garden!
    Edited by Jaraal on January 8, 2018 8:31PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    FYI I opened a bunch of these on the pts, and it seems to include all plans that dropped with morrowind, so the dwarven plans and the daedric plans that came with that update are also included.
    Edited by zassasaurus on January 9, 2018 9:38PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI I opened a bunch of these on the pts, and it seems to include all plans that dropped with morrowind, so the dwarven plans and the daedric plans that came with that update are also included.

What are the voucher prices?
  • peasant007
    peasant007
    ✭✭✭
    Are they bound to backpack or are they bound to account (If they're bound at all)? Because my crafter is NOT an adventurer; most of her skills are only for crafting so she will never get those achievements.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    You mean I won't be able to make millions selling stolen Vvardenfell plans any more? I wonder what "achievements" will be required to purchase the plans, and will they be BoP like all other achievement purchases? Would be nice to finally be able to make some vellum lights for my garden!

@Jaraal Voice of the Failed Incarnates
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

What are the voucher prices?

20 for the blue envelope, 50 for the purple envelope
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PTS are they bound, or can the plans be traded after the envelope is opened?
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

@Jaraal Voice of the Failed Incarnates

Thanks for the info. So basically an hour or two's worth of questing then, pretty rudimentary. It does, however, mean that only Morrowind owners will have access to to these plans by writ vouchers. Are they tradable, or BoP?
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    this was the first thing I was looking for the ansewer to when the PTS went live lol.
    can I ask though? can I ask what are the achievments you need?

PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Voice_of_the_Failed_Incarnates is the requirement to buy them. It's a main story quest from Morrowind. Most likely to prevent anyone from buying the plans that do not own the Morrowind Chapter, which is reasonable and fair I think.

20 vouchers for blues and 50 for purples. Somewhat steep price compared to normal containers, but much more reasonable than buying them for 800k-1.4M from guild traders.

The recipes are sellable or transferable, so I hope we will see a large influx of them on the market, and drive prices down to something more reasonable.

The scarcity of Morrowind recipes and furnishings is finally over.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Voice_of_the_Failed_Incarnates is the requirement to buy them. It's a main story quest from Morrowind. Most likely to prevent anyone from buying the plans that do not own the Morrowind Chapter, which is reasonable and fair I think.

20 vouchers for blues and 50 for purples. Somewhat steep price compared to normal containers, but much more reasonable than buying them for 800k-1.4M from guild traders.

The recipes are sellable or transferable, so I hope we will see a large influx of them on the market, and drive prices down to something more reasonable.

How are the drop rates?
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

How are the drop rates?

No idea, my PTS template hasn't got the achievement, and I'm not about to waste hours getting it just to test. My main is ported over once we get access to EU characters on the PTS, she has vouchers, so I'll test it then.

But - as far as I can tell, the countainers drop 1 guaranteed recipe from the Morrowind Chapter ones (which seem to include the dwarven and daedric ones), so it's a 100 % guaranteed drop. Which it should be for the rather steep price of 50 voucher per recipe.

Edited by Carbonised on January 10, 2018 11:02AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would suck to spend 50 vouchers and get a Daedric plan you can buy on guild traders for 100 gold!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aliyavana;
    @Carbonised

I did some testing with writ vouchers today to help you both out. Please see screenshots below.

TL;DR the Morrowind plan drop rate is as advertised and includes the daedric and dwemer plans as well.

For purposes of this test, I bought 40 master (purple) plans and 100 journeyman (blue) plans (both with 2,000 writ vouchers).

*** IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PLAYERS: Only Faustina Curio has Morrowind furnishing plans for sale with writ vouchers ... despite her obvious vanity issues. That is in the patch notes but just a reminder.

Master (purple) plans:
    IpJf9gO.png
    SUwoIex.png
    GDV17Jy.png
    tI9ch3Z.png

Journeyman (blue) plans:
    oY9s2nl.png
    UXCKA6m.png
    1dZGaOz.png
    CBP3APg.png
    xW3Y6Nb.png
    kaZMWeL.png
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done, thank you! A few of those aren't even in CraftStore or on ESO Fashion. Curious that you got none of the five vellum lantern plans, those would be my most desired. I need some for my gardens!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aliyavana;
    @Carbonised

I did some testing with writ vouchers today to help you both out. Please see screenshots below.

TL;DR the Morrowind plan drop rate is as advertised and includes the daedric and dwemer plans as well.

For purposes of this test, I bought 40 master (purple) plans and 100 journeyman (blue) plans (both with 2,000 writ vouchers).

*** IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PLAYERS: Only Faustina Curio has Morrowind furnishing plans for sale with writ vouchers ... despite her obvious vanity issues. That is in the patch notes but just a reminder.

Master (purple) plans:
    IpJf9gO.png
    SUwoIex.png
    GDV17Jy.png
    tI9ch3Z.png

Journeyman (blue) plans:
    oY9s2nl.png
    UXCKA6m.png
    1dZGaOz.png
    CBP3APg.png
    xW3Y6Nb.png
    kaZMWeL.png

looks like the drop rate on dwemer and daedric items are lower, don't let zos know this...
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @aliyavana;
    @Carbonised

Master (purple) plans:
    IpJf9gO.png
    SUwoIex.png
    GDV17Jy.png
    tI9ch3Z.png

Journeyman (blue) plans:
    oY9s2nl.png
    UXCKA6m.png
    1dZGaOz.png
    CBP3APg.png
    xW3Y6Nb.png
    kaZMWeL.png

looks like the drop rate on dwemer and daedric items are lower, don't let zos know this...

Yeah if I get another daedric bench ashen I'm gonna lose my mind
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to ZoS for doing this but I wish they didn't cost so much. However I was assuming the loot tables would he heavily skewed towards the daedric stuff which we all have gotten 100 times. As long as it's not heavily weighted away from the actual Vvardenfell plans then i can live with the price.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with making them cheap is that then everybody will buy them and flood the market with them, until they become the new Daedric first page purple and blue furnishings. And it will hurt the player who isn't an expert crafter that can turn master writs for vouchers efficiently. Some folks will still be looting urns and stealing from rich Dunmer snobs trying to sell these plans to fund their housing and armor requirements. It wouldn't be entirely fair to let one segment of the player base control the market on these plans.
    Edited by Jaraal on January 12, 2018 12:59AM
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with making them cheap is that then everybody will buy them and flood the market with them, until they become the new Daedric first page purple and blue furnishings. And it will hurt the player who isn't an expert crafter that can turn master writs for vouchers efficiently. Some folks will still be looting urns and stealing from rich Dunmer snobs trying to sell these plans to fund their housing and armor requirements. It wouldn't be entirely fair to let one segment of the player base control the market on these plans.

This is not about the market. This is about making it accessible for the majority of players who don't have: 1. hours to spend farming in hopes of finding ONE recipe; 2. Hundreds of thousands, or millions of gold to spend on these rare recipes.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    resdayn00 wrote: »

This is not about the market. This is about making it accessible for the majority of players who don't have: 1. hours to spend farming in hopes of finding ONE recipe; 2. Hundreds of thousands, or millions of gold to spend on these rare recipes.

I hear you. But you realize you won't be able to buy specific plans, right? You will essentially be playing a purple plan (and there are a LOT of them.... some worth mere hundreds of gold) envelope lottery. One could easily spend millions of gold on writs and/or mats trying to get a specific blueprint. And people are going to look to recoup their costs. They won't let unwanted plans go for much of a loss.

• Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about making emperor in pvp a random person, and having it change every 30 minutes or so, since not everyone has time to grind up to and stay awake for hours to stay on top of the leader board. What about making skins in trials a reward for just finding the location of the trial on your map, since not everyone can do a vet dungeon. Some people are good at farming and enjoy it, some people are good at making gold and using the gold to buy things, some are good at pvp or want to grind pvp, others are great at trials and have friends to play with. Just because some people dont want to spend the gold, or the time farming for it, doesn't mean it should be handed out to the majority of the players. I know people that have tried many times to get into a trial to beat vet maw, but no one wants to pick up a random that they dont know, or someone they haven't inspected inside and out on their play style to do a vet trial with them, even if they are good players. How ACCESSIBLE is it that a player needs to either pay millions of gold to get a seat in a trial to get a skin, or build an entire trial team from scratch just to get one item in the game. How ACCESSIBLE is it for a player who only has the ability to play eso on the weekends to get Emperor in pvp. It has nothing to do with making it accessible for people, it is just a way to satisfy the complaints from people who do not want to grind the way that others do at different aspects of the game.... plus they had a whole year to cash in from the crown store and are looking towards the new chapter.

In the end, the developers always cater to complaints, at least with this i will be able to get the last 40 plans i need, and for a fraction of the cost. Doesn't hurt my pockets, but this did completely ruin the ability for one of the guilds to finish their guild house. i was helping them with their attuanbles for their guild house, and they were helping me farm the plans. Now they are out looking for a new way to finish their guild house since they dont do writs on all their characters like i do, and i am holding on to my writs to use not the morrowind plans. Fairness is all a matter of perspective.

... already people are gearing up to complain about the common and cheap daedric plans being mixed in to the loot table... and the update isn't even out yet. (And this is nothing towards anyone on this post, but i can assure you that there will be a post about it when it launches, Probably with the title of "daedric plans are not morrowind plans!!!". It will happen, what and see). Plus it is 100% about the market now. It is all about the cost of the materials to do your writs, the cost of the master writs, the cost of the gold mats to make the writs, the cost of the plans from the person that bought the plan for a decent price only to repost it at 5x the value since they know there is someone out there who desperately wants that plan. Now you will have a huge divide between the people who can afford the "good" plans and those that are left buying the trinket boxes and dres cups. (The filled cup will definitely be more expensive than the empty cup)

Side note: The dwarven plans are not rarer. There are 20 dwarven plans out of the 156 morrowind plans (purples) (daedric excluded). SO the ratios are about right but the sample size is too small to make an accurate assessment.
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about making emperor in pvp a random person, and having it change every 30 minutes or so, since not everyone has time to grind up to and stay awake for hours to stay on top of the leader board. What about making skins in trials a reward for just finding the location of the trial on your map, since not everyone can do a vet dungeon. Some people are good at farming and enjoy it, some people are good at making gold and using the gold to buy things, some are good at pvp or want to grind pvp, others are great at trials and have friends to play with. Just because some people dont want to spend the gold, or the time farming for it, doesn't mean it should be handed out to the majority of the players. I know people that have tried many times to get into a trial to beat vet maw, but no one wants to pick up a random that they dont know, or someone they haven't inspected inside and out on their play style to do a vet trial with them, even if they are good players. How ACCESSIBLE is it that a player needs to either pay millions of gold to get a seat in a trial to get a skin, or build an entire trial team from scratch just to get one item in the game. How ACCESSIBLE is it for a player who only has the ability to play eso on the weekends to get Emperor in pvp. It has nothing to do with making it accessible for people, it is just a way to satisfy the complaints from people who do not want to grind the way that others do at different aspects of the game.... plus they had a whole year to cash in from the crown store and are looking towards the new chapter.

In the end, the developers always cater to complaints, at least with this i will be able to get the last 40 plans i need, and for a fraction of the cost. Doesn't hurt my pockets, but this did completely ruin the ability for one of the guilds to finish their guild house. i was helping them with their attuanbles for their guild house, and they were helping me farm the plans. Now they are out looking for a new way to finish their guild house since they dont do writs on all their characters like i do, and i am holding on to my writs to use not the morrowind plans. Fairness is all a matter of perspective.

... already people are gearing up to complain about the common and cheap daedric plans being mixed in to the loot table... and the update isn't even out yet. (And this is nothing towards anyone on this post, but i can assure you that there will be a post about it when it launches, Probably with the title of "daedric plans are not morrowind plans!!!". It will happen, what and see). Plus it is 100% about the market now. It is all about the cost of the materials to do your writs, the cost of the master writs, the cost of the gold mats to make the writs, the cost of the plans from the person that bought the plan for a decent price only to repost it at 5x the value since they know there is someone out there who desperately wants that plan. Now you will have a huge divide between the people who can afford the "good" plans and those that are left buying the trinket boxes and dres cups. (The filled cup will definitely be more expensive than the empty cup)

Side note: The dwarven plans are not rarer. There are 20 dwarven plans out of the 156 morrowind plans (purples) (daedric excluded). SO the ratios are about right but the sample size is too small to make an accurate assessment.

I am just saying that the outcome may not be what people expect.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear you. But you realize you won't be able to buy specific plans, right? You will essentially be playing a purple plan (and there are a LOT of them.... some worth mere hundreds of gold) envelope lottery. One could easily spend millions of gold on writs and/or mats trying to get a specific blueprint. And people are going to look to recoup their costs. They won't let unwanted plans go for much of a loss.

It's way better than the current system, however, of finding a needle in a haystack.

Not sure how much you've been in the forums the last six months, but this was one of the biggest complaints from players that either enjoy housing or enjoy achievements.

Just because some people dont want to spend the gold, or the time farming for it, doesn't mean it should be handed out to the majority of the players.

I too appreciate the fact that some items in the game are rare.

I've found nirncrux on animal mobs only twice in the four years of playing the game.

However, when the drop rate is so low for an item, it's simply not enjoyable and inevitably leads to complaints.

This forum-goer appreciates the long post you made ... but I think the direction ZOS is taking on this issue is the right one.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 13, 2018 10:28AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's way better than the current system, however, of finding a needle in a haystack.

Not sure how much you've been in the forums the last six months, but this was one of the biggest complaints from players that either enjoy housing or enjoy achievements.

Ultimately, nothing will change. The people who have all the gold are currently buying up the needles as they hit the market. When the supply migrates to the voucher merchant, the people who have all the gold will be be the ones throwing vouchers at the RNG machine, and the casual furnisher/crafter will still be on the outside looking in. Personally, I enjoy the hunt..... and pulling the jackpot out of a cabinet or pocket will still be worth putting in the time for me. And as more and more of these plans are pulled out of the vending machine and the market becomes saturated and soft and prices go down.... guess what? It will still cost 50 vouchers for a shot at the now devalued plans. At what point do people stop playing blueprint roulette and start trying to find them again for free? Hopefully by then I'll have found all the ones I need, or traded purple for purple, or have made enough gold to buy the now cheaper missing links in my collection.

• resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    What about making emperor in pvp a random person, and having it change every 30 minutes or so, since not everyone has time to grind up to and stay awake for hours to stay on top of the leader board. What about making skins in trials a reward for just finding the location of the trial on your map, since not everyone can do a vet dungeon. Some people are good at farming and enjoy it, some people are good at making gold and using the gold to buy things, some are good at pvp or want to grind pvp, others are great at trials and have friends to play with. Just because some people dont want to spend the gold, or the time farming for it, doesn't mean it should be handed out to the majority of the players.

I do not see a comparison here. Emp, trial skins and vet dungeon rewards are something you are rewarded with, by doing much work. You fight and farm AP in Cyrodiil, then conquer the keeps so you can become the Emperor; You fight your way through a veteran trial, learning and adapting to the incredibly difficult mechanics, cooperating with other players, so in the end you are rewarded with that skin. What about purple Vvardenfell furniture plans? A new player who knows nothing about the game could open a random backpack on the side of the road and find a Telvanni armchair blueprint, or you could be farming Dreloth urns for weeks without finding one recipe. It's all RNG. No skill or knowledge required, your tireless farming might be rewarded or not. And not necessarily with something you aim to get. Now at least it's not 2 steps of RNG but one. You'll do master writs (consuming tons of materials/gold in the process), and get a purple Vvardenfell recipe. You still don't know which one, but at least you are guaranteed one. And by the way, it still won't be handed out to everyone. You'll need to be a crafter to efficiently farm them this way. Lots of motifs, traits learned, and you also need to get the materials, usually gold upgrade mats.

PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+