The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crossbow transmog

Demion
Demion
✭✭✭
Not sure where to put this but here we go

So with the new crafting system where, if I recall correctly, you could change from one 1H to another. So a 1H sword could look like a 1H axe but work as a 1H sword skillwise.

Could you in the future introduce a crossbow "costume" that works like a bow?

Just want a crossbow,really really that much

Other that that I do look forward for all the new quality things coming up!

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

/Demion
@darksenechal - EU PC - Demion Samenel - Templar "The Reluctant Hero of Tamriel"
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. In my mind there’d be a few challenges.

One, transmog is launching with only in-game learnable motif styles. You still can’t make Varen’s unique stage, for example. But down the road they could easily enough add transmog skins you can’t necessarily craft. In theory they could even open skins tied to achievements...you kill a boss and get a specific achievement, you can transmog their unique weapon. But I wouldn’t expect such an update for quite a while. ZOS isn’t known for making major updates to existing game systems...consider that justice, Homestead, etc are relatively the same since they launched.

Two, character animations are a big hurdle. The bows have to be designed to use the same animations regardless what style they are. A crossbow couldn’t do that.

I’m going to guess that we’d be more likely to see crossbows introduced as a new weapon line (which also feels unlikely) than see them appearmas transmog skins.
  • Demion
    Demion
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree @davey1107 I guess its my wishful thinking that it could happen but never will.

open skins tied to achievements

Yes this seems also likely that it could happen

Probably will see more different skins that new animation yes

@darksenechal - EU PC - Demion Samenel - Templar "The Reluctant Hero of Tamriel"
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see a crossbow too, but until then I will be using the fighters guild skill.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gib
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think crossbows will be tricky, or more work at least as it needs it's own animation. Can't be shooting it like a bow. That said I would like crossbows as alternative to bows.
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crossbow skill line and new weapon, hell yeah. Crossbow skin for already existing bows, can't see it working.