Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thieves Guild Help

Gunner0021
Gunner0021
✭✭✭
Hi everyone I'm trying to do the Thieves Guild but can't seem to increase my Thieves Guild rank. I know that I need to do the side quest's but the side quest usually want me to pickpocket. Which I'm having a painfully frustrating time trying to do. I go for the highest chance targets I can get "85%" and I still fail more often then not. Which on it's own woudln't be so bad, but failing as i'm sure you know increases your heat and bounty.

Not only does doing the Thieves Guild side quests take hours to do but I also end up paying all of the gold I make paying off my bounty. What am I doing wrong? What are some tips or tricks you could give me to make it easier for me to do? Any quick ways to increase my legerdemain? Thanks in advance for any help :)
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I gave a bunch of those a pass and went for the thieves guild heists. Done well they are a nice chunk of reputation for the guild, and with that it was easy to get my level far enough to unlock all the quests.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Thieves Guild Reacquisition dailies also help level the Thieves Guild line if your legerdemain is still low. There are other side quests that start in the den as well ... that aren't the Job dailies.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do the entire thing with just the Requisition dailies plus the main quest-line, and the Walks-Softly, Velsa and Quenn quests. I HATE pickpocketing, and I also hate the heists, so I refuse to do those. You can actually level Thieves Guild up all the way just with doing the first things I mentioned.

I don't even bother with the pickpocketing and heist crap any more. It's just miserable for me.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stealing quests are repeatables, not dailies, which means you can do as many in a row as you like AND the computer generates a new quest every time you pick one up. So if you don’t like pickpocketing, abandon the quest and get a new one until you get lockboxes or the countess. It sometimes takes 4-5 drops, but it’ll always eventually give you a different quest.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the best/easiest way to level up Legerdemain is stealing stuff from containers. If you have the Orsinium DLC: the guard quarters in the Wrothgar castle is a great place, otherwise the Wayrest castle in Stormhaven. Take everything, also the "worthless" white items. Sell it all to a fence or launder the cheap 2-gold crafting items for your personal use, that will give you good experience in Legerdemain.

You can do multiple rounds, since containers are re-stocked each time you relog. Remember to upgrade the passive that increases the number of daily fence interactions.

Edited by Loc2262 on January 8, 2018 10:01AM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    I found the best/easiest way to level up Legerdemain is stealing stuff from containers. If you have the Orsinium DLC: the guard quarters in the Wrothgar castle is a great place, otherwise the Wayrest castle in Stormhaven. Take everything, also the "worthless" white items. Sell it all to a fence or launder the cheap 2-gold crafting items for your personal use, that will give you good experience in Legerdemain.

You can do multiple rounds, since containers are re-stocked each time you relog. Remember to upgrade the passive that increases the number of daily fence interactions.
    Correct however you don't need to relog, TG is in another instance so vising the guild reset containers.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most XP comes from the heists you do with the Khajit guy.