The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Finally did VMA!

Azyle1
Azyle1
✭✭✭✭✭
Pretty happy I did it. Started at 2PM and finished about 30 minutes ago. I see why people say it's hard. Stage 5 is a doozy.

I am a CP 560 StamBlade and it certainly was challenging. I think I may have skipped certain mechanics tho cause I could burn stuff fairly fast. Also, I probably should not go in as a STage 4 Vamp again... Stage 8 became rather annoying.

Question - The Ceremonial Guard thing in the last round of the last stage... how do I deal with that? My strat was to burn the boss as fast as possible to get him not to spawn, go upstairs and dance around and then when I came back downstairs, grab every sigil and burn the boss and PRAY I do it before I die.

The Ceremonial guard when he showed up though always crushed me with the fire. (Stage 4 Vamp didn't help, I know). Suggestions? I couldn't seem to interrupt or stun him.
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gz

Crematorial guard: run around it until it's dead if you can't kill it before it starts spitting fire.

Edited by Aisle9 on January 7, 2018 10:57PM
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im assuming you're in VO, you should have major expedition up so just run around him in a circle
    Edited by Buffler on January 7, 2018 10:57PM
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running circles around it can help a bit. Unless there's a ghost in the way.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go in circles around CG when he starts to “breath” and if you collect 3 ghosts in a row - CG spawns next to the boss, so just stun them and burn them both.

No need to take all sigils when you get down, just take shield sigil as all other things don’t so enough damage for you to worry. Speed sigil is probably beneficial for that, though, easily done without it.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »
    Im assuming you're in VO, you should have major expedition up so just run around him in a circle

I did it in my Hundings + 2 fang and Velidreth gear. I have 16.4K HP and Veli Monster Set. Dubious Throne food for regen.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaand a rollback happens because of the server-related issues....

Nvm, gz ;)
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well done! The question is, did you get your bow?

You'll find it much easier on a magicka character if you ever do it again, shields are a huge help.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your clear of VMA.

Would you like to know a secret, however? Something that perhaps will provide a sense of relief? VMA is actually hard for all of the wrong reasons. If the amount of: Bugs, lag, and other things outside of our control as players were reduced or eliminated entirely...? VMA would be a breeze. It would then boil down to just “proper” sustain, and knowing the mechanics of each stage/round. But because of these given hardships outside of the player’s control, VMA is quite challenging. Artificial difficulty if you will.

So in the end, VMA is not really so much about “Lrn2Play” or “Git gud” as so many individuals on these forums like to parrot. But, more so about whether or not things falling into place so that the content at hand may be completed as it was intended to be. After all, it’s quite difficult to complete something that doesn’t follow its own mechanics properly.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Would you like to know a secret, however? Something that perhaps will provide a sense of relief? VMA is actually hard for all of the wrong reasons. If the amount of: Bugs, lag, and other things outside of our control as players were reduced or eliminated entirely...? VMA would be a breeze. It would then boil down to just “proper” sustain, and knowing the mechanics of each stage/round. But because of these given hardships outside of the player’s control, VMA is quite challenging. Artificial difficulty if you will.

So in the end, VMA is not really so much about “Lrn2Play” or “Git gud” as so many individuals on these forums like to parrot. But, more so about whether or not things falling into place so that the content at hand may be completed as it was intended to be. After all, it’s quite difficult to complete something that doesn’t follow its own mechanics properly.

Ehhh I've never found it buggy or even that laggy (I have 300 ping as an Aussie).

Aside from round 7's RNG its actually quite enjoyable once you learn the mechanics.
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cant say I myself have had many issues with these "bugs" so yeah it was more about learning mechanics..

What "bugs" are you referring to that seem to plague you? As I would like to know so I can keep an eye out for them.......
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • transition36
    transition36
    ✭✭
    I have never seen it not buggy or laggy on vet playing from Australia.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say this. I just did again, albeit much faster....

I got THE SAME WEAPON. Maul and infused.

I know everyone complains but yeah.. that's terrible ZOS.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

Ehhh I've never found it buggy or even that laggy (I have 300 ping as an Aussie).

Aside from round 7's RNG its actually quite enjoyable once you learn the mechanics.

Cant say I myself have had many issues with these "bugs" so yeah it was more about learning mechanics..

What "bugs" are you referring to that seem to plague you? As I would like to know so I can keep an eye out for them.......

I have many... Many... Threads detailing the numerous issues that occur within VMA. I’ll provide video footage of 1 particular problem, but for the rest, just look any of the threads I’ve made regarding VMA. There’s quite a few of them. ;)

Example:
    https://youtu.be/nuS_-UO5K_A
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why oh why would you play as a stage 4 vamp? Or a vamp at all for that matter? The last two rounds must have been a nightmare. Drop vamp and you’ll have a much easier time. If you haven’t already try to get vicious ohphidan gear. That makes it a real breeze.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Why oh why would you play as a stage 4 vamp? Or a vamp at all for that matter? The last two rounds must have been a nightmare. Drop vamp and you’ll have a much easier time. If you haven’t already try to get vicious ohphidan gear. That makes it a real breeze.

Well if you’re in stage one, you don’t suffer negative effects of vampirism. Since stages last much longer than they used to, there’s no reason to cure vampirism just to beat this.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll reduce my stage down to 2.

Also VO plus 2 fang OK?
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations :>
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »

I'll reduce my stage down to 2.

Also VO plus 2 fang OK?

Personally I wouldn't go with TFS, but then again I main magblade, not stamblade. IIRC with a few exceptions, most stuff has between 9k and 11k physical resistance, and you already apply fracture reliably with surprise attack.

I'd go with hundings and get 3k pen from CP.

VO, hell yeah, never without.
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Winningggggg good job :smile:
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648