The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

From Dread Daedra Save Us

tyjoie
tyjoie
✭✭
To me it seems the lyrics of this song are being misinterpreted too frequently. The lyrics state; schemer, hunger, hunter, pariah, scryer, destroyer, raver and twilight; attended the meeting with Sotha Sil. However, people seem to be confused as to who some of these labels refer to. Looking on lore pages, and on some discussions, the confusion seems to be surrounding who hunger refers to. The most common answer to this tends to be Boethia, considering she ate Trinimac, with Boethia being who is referenced as Hunger even on the lore wiki. However, I believe this to be wrong. To me, Boethia best suits as being schemer, and Molag Bal instead being hunger. Should Boethia instead be hunger, there really is no other good candidate for schemer. While I do think most lore nerds would agree with me on this, with it being misinterpreted even on the elder scrolls lore wiki, I felt the need to state my thoughts here. Additionally, while I know most people know this, twilight does not refer to Nocturnal, but Azura.

tl;dr: Schemer = Boethia, Hunger = Molag Bal, Hunter = Hircine, Pariah = Malacath, Scryer = Hermaeus Mora, Destroyer = Mehrunes Dagon, Raver = Sheogorath, Twilight = Azura.

Any thoughts?

p.s. I find it disturbing there is no reference to Ithguleior anywhere in any lore or elder scrolls material other than "Mourning the Dead".
Edited by tyjoie on January 7, 2018 10:43PM
Ex-Beta tester
Playing since 2014
Still a noob
Green-Sap Loyalist
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag bal is 100% the schemer. He is the lord of schemes.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• tyjoie
    tyjoie
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Molag bal is 100% the schemer. He is the lord of schemes.

True, but Boethia is also the Prince of Plots. I frankly believe hunger would better fit Molag Bal's hunger for power more than it would describe Boethia, considering her eating of Trinimac was a one time event, and not something that characterizes her as a prince.
    Ex-Beta tester
    Playing since 2014
    Still a noob
    Green-Sap Loyalist
  • tyjoie
    tyjoie
    ✭✭
    tyjoie wrote: »
    Should Boethia instead be hunger, there really is no other good candidate for schemer.

I did a bit of a stupid here and overlooked Molag Bal when I posted. While he is the lord of schemes I still think Boethia a better candidate for Schemer as opposed to hunger.

Ex-Beta tester
    Playing since 2014
    Still a noob
    Green-Sap Loyalist
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, Boethia literally keeps daedra around named "Hunger". I really don't know what else would be Hunger, and Bal is definitely Schemes like Thogard says. It's practically in his job description.

"The Hunger is one of the many daedric servants of Daedra Lord Boethiah..." from the UESP
    Edited by Pink_Violinz on January 7, 2018 11:03PM
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn’t be any confusion. The song literally says “the God of Schemes consumed [Gil-Var-Delle] all.” Molag Bal is the God of Schemes. Then the Schemer is mentioned first, as he’s the one that inspired the compact. Furthermore, it makes no sense to refer to Molag Bal by his title “God of Schemes,” then refer to Boethiah as the schemer two lines later.

Hunger is 100% Boethiah. Aside from eating Trinimac, her Daedric minions are even called “Hunger.”
  • tyjoie
    tyjoie
    ✭✭
    There shouldn’t be any confusion. The song literally says “the God of Schemes consumed [Gil-Var-Delle] all.” Molag Bal is the God of Schemes. Then the Schemer is mentioned first, as he’s the one that inspired the compact. Furthermore, it makes no sense to refer to Molag Bal by his title “God of Schemes,” then refer to Boethiah as the schemer two lines later.

Hunger is 100% Boethiah. Aside from eating Trinimac, her Daedric minions are even called “Hunger.”

That is again true but it wouldn't be proper to refer to Boethia by the names of one of her minions. It would be like referring to Sheogorath as Seducer rather than Raver. Furthermore, the lyrics say 'the God of Schemes consumed it all'. Consume generally being a word associated with hunger and the consumption of food. In this case, Bal's hunger for power led to him consuming Gil-Var-Delle. The titles of Schemer and Hunger seem to me to be applicable to either of them.
    Ex-Beta tester
    Playing since 2014
    Still a noob
    Green-Sap Loyalist
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only sad that Namira isn't "Hunger", because that is actually her thing. Namira wasn't on that meeting however, so naturally she can't be "Hunger".
    On that note, I find it weird every other Daedra who wasn't on this council is wreaking havoc somewhere on Tamriel apart from Namira. Sanguine has a public dungeon at least.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Magicka fused the Lorkhan Blood To crystal red and strong
    Then Wild Elves cut and polished it down To Chim-el Adabal."

I hear it like this...

Magicka fused the Lorkhan Blood To crystal red and strong
    Then Wild Elves cut and polished it down then chilled and had a bong.
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    What of Sanguine? His domain implies an appetite and lust - hunger - for all sorts of things.
  • tyjoie
    tyjoie
    ✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    It's only sad that Namira isn't "Hunger", because that is actually her thing. Namira wasn't on that meeting however, so naturally she can't be "Hunger".
    On that note, I find it weird every other Daedra who wasn't on this council is wreaking havoc somewhere on Tamriel apart from Namira. Sanguine has a public dungeon at least.

Since the Remen Empire fell what was agreed in the Coldharbour Compact may not really matter as it was only valid until Morrowind's war with the Remen empire ended from what we can tell. I'm sure Namira would do something to take advantage of the chaos, whether or not we see it is up to ZOS.
    Edited by tyjoie on January 7, 2018 11:48PM
    Ex-Beta tester
    Playing since 2014
    Still a noob
    Green-Sap Loyalist
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    I am just going to say the song now is stuck in my head and will be for the rest of the day XD
    #teamEmeric
  • tyjoie
    tyjoie
    ✭✭
    Demycilian wrote: »
    What of Sanguine? His domain implies an appetite and lust - hunger - for all sorts of things.

Sanguine simply wasn't there, and if he was he would probobly instead challenge Sheogorath for the title of Raver I'd say.
    Ex-Beta tester
    Playing since 2014
    Still a noob
    Green-Sap Loyalist