Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Good places to farm alchemy ingredients

aaron_campion
aaron_campion
✭✭✭
Title says it all
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best place is IC districts. Farm tel vars from bosses and buy Alchemy Satchels.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have eso plus and can stash it all in your craft bag, there are lots of ways to get them in dribs and drabs.

- alchemy writs. Your character needs to carry 8 potions and poisons. Each turn in costs you about 0.3 reagents, and you get rewarded six plus the occasional survey that rewards 40ish.

- Dark Brotherhood shadowy supplier passive. Her toxin satchel will have alchemy mats half the time, and useless potions the other half. When you get reagents, you get nine and they’re the more valuable poison focused ones...emetic, nirn, nightshade, etc.

- for straight up farming, dlc zones tend to be resource rich. So do the first zones, away from the crowded cities (Auridon, glenumbra, stonefalls).

- buy them. I can farm enough raw materials to refine and get $40k in gold tempers to sell way faster than I can find alchemy nodes. Watch the stores...I just bought 200 columbine for $8k, those sort of deals can help build up the supplies. I could even split that stack and sell 100 back for $8k if I needed the gold.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All zones are good for Alchemy farming when they are empty. Figure out a favorite zone and develop a route so only spend 15 to 20 minutes a lap.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The hollow city in coldharbour is good. Dense nodes that respawn fast, but can sometimes get crowded.
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second Coldharbour when it’s not crowded and DLC zones. Hew’s Bane and Gold Coast are great.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • Kraynic
    Kraynic
    ✭✭
    Craglorn is pretty good. Everyone is farming equipment nodes for a chance at nirn and leaving the alchemy/rune nodes alone.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    - alchemy writs. Your character needs to carry 8 potions and poisons. Each turn in costs you about 0.3 reagents, and you get rewarded six plus the occasional survey that rewards 40ish.

If you're on PC and have access to the portable banker, you can use the addon "Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter" to avoid having to carry those potions and poisons on each character you do the writs with. It has an option to auto-pull writ items from the bank.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP