The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Motifs from crates

Dellarie
Dellarie
✭✭
Are they really so worthwhile as to merit twice the price of items from the same tier? It's just that I got all 3 from my crates and I really feel like trading them for gems and buying a mount, would that be a huge waste? The only one I sorta like is Yokudan and I think it would be more sensible to acquire it via ingame methods, regardless of the time it would take.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, then trade it in. :) It doesn't really matter one way or the other - poke around in the guild traders and compare prices to see how common they are and how expensive they're priced. It's up to you which one you value more (motif or mount) and the only difference between in-game motif pages and the crown motif book is potential time/effort/cost.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Sgtmeg
    Sgtmeg
    ✭✭✭
    The motifs are account bound which means you likely won't be able to find them for sale easily. You can, however, find someone with the style already that could make you pieces if you give them the mats for it. Also a bit tougher to track down, but certainly a more flexible option.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sgtmeg wrote: »
    The motifs are account bound which means you likely won't be able to find them for sale easily. You can, however, find someone with the style already that could make you pieces if you give them the mats for it. Also a bit tougher to track down, but certainly a more flexible option.

That's an option, but with the new transmog/costume feature coming, people may be better off learning the motifs themselves if they intend to use the style for their characters' aesthetics.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sgtmeg wrote: »

Buying a motif from the crown store makes it bound to your account. Any of your characters can learn it, however the ability to craft with that motif is restricted to that character. Motifs you get in-game can be traded/bought/sold between players. My main crafter learned akaviri and yokudan by buying them from guild traders.

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would personally always trade motifs for gems if given the option. Motifs are easy enough to get in game, while things I want in the gem store are not.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs are 33 gems right? I would trade them in, the only one I've seen come in crates worth using if you got was buoyant armiger.
    Edited by BlazingDynamo on January 10, 2018 11:48PM