Integral of calculus lost??

ckrobinson83
ckrobinson83
✭✭✭✭
Hi,
Yesterday I was playing and found the Integral of calculus. Today I went to install it, and found it's not in my inventory. Has anyone else had this happen? I checked the buyback option to see if I'd sold it, but it's not there.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you look under the "junk" tab?
    idea.gif
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Did you look under the "junk" tab?
    idea.gif

Sadly, yes :( And even if it was there, when I went to the place to put it on the mech, it would have shown up. It hasn't though. I suspect I'm screwed since I rather doubt that the support tickets I posted will ever been responded to.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you have the quest hint that tells you to go find the Integral of Calculus, or did you just find it and decide to pick it up?

Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on January 6, 2018 6:17PM
    PC EU
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you use JunkBuster addon? And have it set to destroy white items of 0 value? Or any other addon that does the same?

I found I needed to turn this off for certain quests.

-edit to add- If this is the case, just turn off the addon and go back to pick up the item again.
    Edited by Runs on January 6, 2018 6:19PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Came here for a funny math post. Was disappointed...
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you have the quest hint that tells you to go find the Integral of Calculus, or did you just find it and decide to pick it up?

No, I was doing the quest. Found the thing yesterday but didn't get a chance to return it. Now it's gone.
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Came here for a funny math post. Was disappointed...

Sorry man. I could probably have posted something, but I don't think I have a way to make some of the signs...
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Do you use JunkBuster addon? And have it set to destroy white items of 0 value? Or any other addon that does the same?

I found I needed to turn this off for certain quests.

-edit to add- If this is the case, just turn off the addon and go back to pick up the item again.

Hi. No, I don't use the junkbuster addon. Plus I did go back just in case I'd junked it and checked the sold items. It wasn't there. Then I went back into that same dungeon, but because I'd already picked the thing up, it wasn't there, and I don't think it'll spawn for me. I spent more than an hour wandering around there.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done the quest myself, and this might be a silly suggestion, but is it perhaps in the "quest items" tab?

What does the quest say now? Maybe it will complete if you go to "hand it in" even without the item being in your inventory if your next step in the quest is to hand it in.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »
    I haven't done the quest myself, and this might be a silly suggestion, but is it perhaps in the "quest items" tab?

What does the quest say now? Maybe it will complete if you go to "hand it in" even without the item being in your inventory if your next step in the quest is to hand it in.

Not a bad idea, but yeah, I checked there. It's not really a quest item, as such, it's more of an achievement and the parts always land in your inventory. You hand in the pieces when you get them (there's 14 of which I had 11, and you have to go all over Tamriel to find the things). It's no longer in the dungeon where it was and when I went to the place to install it, it acted as if I didn't have any pieces. It's annoying in the extreme, since if I want the thing, I have to redo the ENTIRE achievement with a completely different toon.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No, I was doing the quest. Found the thing yesterday but didn't get a chance to return it. Now it's gone.

IIRC the components are expected in a set order. If you bring a component to the Precursor before you receive the hint for it the game will take that component out of your inventory but not display it on the construction jig. When it is the turn of that component to be installed the game will then simply install it, you will not receive the hint for it, and the sequence will move on, so you will receive the hint for the next missing component in the list. I hope that's intelligible.

That's what seemed to be happening when I built the Precursor. I had picked up a couple of items early, the game took them off me. I thought they had gone missing and that I had broken the quest, but it all sorted itself out as I added further components.

Also, there were a couple of times when the Precursor wouldn't give me the hint for the next component. It was just silent. Quitting the game and logging back in fixed that.
    PC EU
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all. I went back a third time and reacquired the item. Things seem back on track now. Also, it should be noted that I sent a support request for this in game and I did get replies from support, so that's something too.