The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Too many text lines in quests

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
Some quests are a bit annoying with so many text lines and ready answers. Sometimes I want to reply something else then on screen, I cannot and the quest starts to bore me.
Why do I endlessly need to pick the irrelevant answers instead of quickly going to the point by my own decision?
Please shorten some of the longest stories and make the quest lines shorter and give us more directions.

UDYSV7B.jpg
Edited by Gargath on January 5, 2018 9:05PM
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Erm...speak for yourself. I love the quest stories, I always wish I could ask NPCs more questions actually.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also like the quests generally, but what bothers me it's they are generally linear and our rare decisions are irrelevant. We must click over white text lines x Times just to make them all grey ;).

Also as shown on the screenshot, if you were already told the brothers bound the ghost there, why asking stupid for the same again?
    Edited by Gargath on January 5, 2018 9:21PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    I also like the quests generally, but what bothers me it's they are generally linear and our rare decisions are irrelevant. We must click over white text lines x Times just to make them all grey ;).

Also as shown on the screenshot, if you were already told the brothers bound the ghost there, why asking stupid for the same again?

To be honest if it were me irl(minus the whole AAAAAA GHOST RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIFE part which, let's be honest, we'd all probably do if that was actually real) I'd probably ask the same=x I mean, sure its brothers bound it there...but that raises so many questions! Why did they bound him/her? How long ago did that happen? Who are his/her brothers and where are they now(dead?)?

I'm with you on the decision making though, there are some dialogues where you can literally choose opposite options (something along the "sounds like an awful thing to do" and "wow you monster" lines, more or less)...in a row. And neither changes anything. To be fair, on one hand I do appreciate getting to see both responses(in single player games I'd always try to save before those to get both responses :D ), on another it does make me feel kinda irrelevant.