The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dagoth Ur Evil or Good?

Aideian
Aideian
✭✭✭
In the beginning it was Nerevar and Dagoth Ur who reached the heart of lorkhan first inside the great red mountain, before almalexia, soltha sil and lord vivec. Nerevar had no clue what to do with it, but Dagoth did, as soon as he laid his eyes apon on it he knew the power it held and in the wrong hands what terrible deeds it could accomplish, Nerevar agreed it should be destroyed and when almalexia, soltha sil and lord vivec got there they also agreed too, it should be destroyed but of course now we all know that wasn't the case, almalexia had other plans and wanted the powers herself but she coudn't do it alone, she needed the other two so she easily seduced soltha sil while soltha sil persuaded vivec, vivec on the other hand wasn't easily persuaded he actually still agreed with Dagoth and Nerevar but in the end chose power over friends and oaths. Dagoth had his suspicions about what they would do with it knowing they would break their promise to destroy it and probably in the end killing him and Nerevar both, he took matters into his own hands and using the tools of Kagrenac to give himself the powers keeping his promise to Nerevar to keep the powers from being misused, did he do it because he knew he could be trusted with the powers? Or did being around the heart to much make him go mad with lust for power? Or did he do it because he really wanted to honor his oath?  Well I guess we'll never know, but what we do know is as soon as Dagoth took the power Nerevar stabbed him in the back with all the might he had left in the end dying and leaving Dagoth weakened, while Nerevar laid dead on the ground the 3 thought it would be the perfect opportunity to seize the power for themselves, and so they did. One thing we do know is Dagoth Ur was right. The Tribunal did betray Nerevar. And for keeping his promise, he was hated and scorned by the Dunmer, while the traitors of the Tribunal were revered as gods. This is where Dagoth Ur, was furious at his own people for betraying him, summons the blight, and continues to fight the 3 until his last dying breath. So was Dagoth Ur evil and bent on world domination? Or was he good, misunderstood, outcasted and never given the opportunity to explain himself? I guess that's up to you to decide. But my answer Is, he truly had good intentions and wanted what's best for his people but in the end his people and friends turned on him leading him down a long dark path.
Edited by Aideian on January 4, 2018 5:56PM
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    Now I would like to clarify, only part of this Is in eso's timeline, the other parts where Dagoth returns and creates the blight and etc hasn't happened yet so I just wanted to clear things up so people wouldn't be confused. Currently in Eso's timeline Dagoth Ur is still weakened and hidden away from the Tribunal, but you can find his family house in morrowind called the sixth house.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth Ur is certainly an interesting figure.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth Ur is certainly an interesting figure.

He certainly is, one of the most interesting in my opinion.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is truly good or evil. Like any well-written character, he is somewhere in-between.
    Edited by MythicEmperor on January 5, 2018 2:45PM
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What actually happened to Nerevar, the Tribunal, and Dagoth Ur beneath Red Mountain is one of those enduring mysteries that TES III: Morrowind was wise enough to leave unsolved and unresolved.

At the end of Morrowind main quest, you talk to Dagoth Ur and hear his justification. Like any good villain, he certainly believes he's doing the best thing for his people. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Dagoth_Ur_(god)

But by the end of TES III: Morrowind when my Nerevarine faced Dagoth Ur, Dagoth Ur's vision for Vvardenfell and the Dunmer people was one where the Dunmer were brainwashed into the Sixth House (like the Sleepers and people effected by the Ash Statues), warped by the Blight and Corprus Disease (immortal and immune to disease, sure, but losing most of their capabilities in the process), and a Morrowind free of all outlanders who had been driven from the land by force. For Dagoth Ur, the Sixth House is the future of Morrowind - a house of powerful Ash Vampires and their corpus-riddled servants.

So whether you believe Vivec, Almalexia, Alandro Sul, the Ashlanders, or Dagoth Ur when they give you their account of what happened that day beneath Red Mountain when Nerevar died...

It didn't matter one wit to my Nerevarine. Dagoth Ur's vision for the future of Morrowind was evil and therefore he needed to be stopped. Delusional would-be-god with grandiose robots or not. And so he died beneath Red Mountain.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    he is Good, but this is a matter of opinion each of us are allowed.
    our opinion is not what makes it a lie, nor truth.
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    He was no more good than Nerevar and no more evil than Vivec.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whatever his motives may have been in the beginning: What we see of him in TES3 is quite definitely evil by all standards.
    What he may or may not want, is made completely irrelevant by what he does.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Whatever his motives may have been in the beginning: What we see of him in TES3 is quite definitely evil by all standards.

What standards? Societal? Society is a terrible source of morality. What, then? Is there some universal law? Governmental? If Voryn Dagoth were successful in his quest, he would be the decider of laws, making his actions the new standard for ‘good.’ In fact, if you look at his long-term objectives (http://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Dagoth_Ur's_Plans), it sounds like a win. Kill the N’wahs? Build a Dunmeri Empire? Sign me up!

Then again, I would grow bored without a renewable source of slaves. I suppose cutting off my supply could be considered ‘evil.’
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you miss the point. Nerevar realized that the power of the heart of Lorkhan would ultimately corrupt any mortal, regardless of how good their intentions might once have been.

Dagoth Ur wanted the power for himself. As did Almalexia, Sotha Sil and Vivec - to the extent that they murdered Nerevar and broke their promise not to use it.

In the end it drove all of them mad.

And the Nerevarine did the only decent thing and destroyed all of them :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What standards? Societal? Society is a terrible source of morality. What, then? Is there some universal law? Governmental? If Voryn Dagoth were successful in his quest, he would be the decider of laws, making his actions the new standard for ‘good.’ In fact, if you look at his long-term objectives (http://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Dagoth_Ur's_Plans), it sounds like a win. Kill the N’wahs? Build a Dunmeri Empire? Sign me up!

Then again, I would grow bored without a renewable source of slaves. I suppose cutting off my supply could be considered ‘evil.’

Sure, if you can enjoy that empire while you're a corprus-infected Blight-victim, a brainwashed Sleeper, or an Ash Vampire. If that sounds appealing to you, then by all means, hail Lord Dagoth Ur of the Sixth House Returned.

I'll give you that Dagoth Ur gives a reasonable villain speech at the end of the game, but the state of the Sixth House bases that I went through in order to get to him made it pretty clear to my Nerevarine that his pretty words were very much a villain speech.

(P.S. If you think that killing outlanders and building an empire are good things just because the new authority says you should...there's an obvious historical comparison that's obvious. Actually, there's a lot of historical comparisons that are obvious, usually having to do with hated minority groups in certain countries. I'm sure that from the perspective of roleplaying an extremely xenophobic dunmer, killing the n'wah and building an empire are a good thing, but let's keep in mind that roleplaying an extremely xenophobic dunmer who wants to kill the n'wah and build an empire is a lot like roleplaying some very not-good people.)
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, if you can enjoy that empire while you're a corprus-infected Blight-victim, a brainwashed Sleeper, or an Ash Vampire. If that sounds appealing to you, then by all means, hail Lord Dagoth Ur of the Sixth House Returned.

I'll give you that Dagoth Ur gives a reasonable villain speech at the end of the game, but the state of the Sixth House bases that I went through in order to get to him made it pretty clear to my Nerevarine that his pretty words were very much a villain speech.

(P.S. If you think that killing outlanders and building an empire are good things just because the new authority says you should...there's an obvious historical comparison that's obvious. Actually, there's a lot of historical comparisons that are obvious, usually having to do with hated minority groups in certain countries. I'm sure that from the perspective of roleplaying an extremely xenophobic dunmer, killing the n'wah and building an empire are a good thing, but let's keep in mind that roleplaying an extremely xenophobic dunmer who wants to kill the n'wah and build an empire is a lot like roleplaying some very not-good people.)

Well, Imperialism has been used by many countries I’m sure you’d consider ‘good.’ The majority of history is people trying to 1-up their fellow countries. Speak softly and carry a big stick, and all that.

As for killing N’wahs, I suppose you could make a reference to the terrible Russian purges that killed millions. Or you could talk about the British fire-bombing civilian towns like Dresden. Or the times (plural) the Allies ‘accidentally’ bombed Switzerland. Or the U.S. imprisoning innocent Japanese citizens. Or the U.S. nuking two Japanese cities filled with civilians. Sometimes, all sides are bad. In that case, go with whoever benefits you the most.

It’s all about perspective; for my family, the Russians are the “obvious historical comparison that’s obvious.” They were robbed of everything they owned, and they were some of the lucky ones. The less fortunate were defiled in terrible ways. But Russia never had to apologize. They never had to ask Germany for forgiveness. In fact, they deny their actions. They were with the Allies, and to quote Churchill, “History is written by the victors.” Both sides did terrible, terrible things, and both suffered terrible, terrible losses.

What does all of this have to do with TES? Everything. The gray nature of the series makes it realistic in that every side can validate their position. No one side is ‘good’ or ‘evil,’ yet all sides commit good and evil acts. And sometimes roleplaying a “very not-good” character is the most entertaining course of action.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, Imperialism has been used by many countries I’m sure you’d consider ‘good.’ The majority of history is people trying to 1-up their fellow countries. Speak softly and carry a big stick, and all that.

As for killing N’wahs, I suppose you could make a reference to the terrible Russian purges that killed millions. Or you could talk about the British fire-bombing civilian towns like Dresden. Or the times (plural) the Allies ‘accidentally’ bombed Switzerland. Or the U.S. imprisoning innocent Japanese citizens. Or the U.S. nuking two Japanese cities filled with civilians. Sometimes, all sides are bad. In that case, go with whoever benefits you the most.

It’s all about perspective; for my family, the Russians are the “obvious historical comparison that’s obvious.” They were robbed of everything they owned, and they were some of the lucky ones. The less fortunate were defiled in terrible ways. But Russia never had to apologize. They never had to ask Germany for forgiveness. In fact, they deny their actions. They were with the Allies, and to quote Churchill, “History is written by the victors.” Both sides did terrible, terrible things, and both suffered terrible, terrible losses.

What does all of this have to do with TES? Everything. The gray nature of the series makes it realistic in that every side can validate their position. No one side is ‘good’ or ‘evil,’ yet all sides commit good and evil acts. And sometimes roleplaying a “very not-good” character is the most entertaining course of action.

I don't consider any of those things good just because those countries were the "victors" and rewrote the history books accordingly. U.S. Imperialism under Teddy Roosevelt had lots of horrible effects - I don't think its good or justified just because I've benefited from it as a U.S. citizen. Ask me about Andrew Jackson and his mixed legacy sometime. Churchill, Truman and the atomic bomb, and so on. History rarely gives us purely heroic options.

Likewise, I don't consider Dagoth Ur a "good" character just because he's got an effective villain speech that seeks to "rewrite history" when he becomes the victor. He's done terrible things in the game that my Nerevarine has seen and intends to cause more death and destruction in the name of his "greater good." So my Nerevarine opposes his vision, not because he's been labeled "evil" but because my Nerevarine despises the vision of a diseased and brainwashed future he offers Morrowind.

I'll grant you that roleplaying a not-very-good character is entertaining. Roleplaying an extremely xenophobic Dunmer who wants to be imperialistic and kill the n'wah is entertaining for a certain value of entertaining (I'll admit I don't enjoy role-playing xenophobic characters because it feeds my inner jerk. I try not to feed my inner jerk too often.) Its still roleplaying a not-very-good character and then trying to argue that what's good for that character is good in the moral sense. I mean, just because the Dunmer consider slavery a positive good doesn't actually make slavery a positive good. Just because empires throughout history have considered Imperialism a positive good doesn't make it so. (And, yes, because someone will bring them up if I don't say this, I'm familiar with the various arguments about slavery in ancient history vs american slavery. I...don't really care to hear them again? It's immaterial to the actual discussion anyway.)

Finally, to be specific in an Elder Scrolls sense, I can roleplay a 4th Era Thalmor Justiciar who regards killing humans and especially Talos worshippers to be a positive good moving the Altmer (the only race that really matters) closer to their goal of ascension. I can do that...without ever pretending that committing genocide or oppressing people for their religion is a morally good thing outside of the limits of my roleplay. If I start acting like genocide and oppressing people for their religion is a morally good thing outside of my roleplay, I've got a big problem.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't consider any of those things good just because those countries were the "victors" and rewrote the history books accordingly. U.S. Imperialism under Teddy Roosevelt had lots of horrible effects - I don't think its good or justified just because I've benefited from it as a U.S. citizen. Ask me about Andrew Jackson and his mixed legacy sometime. Churchill, Truman and the atomic bomb, and so on. History rarely gives us purely heroic options.

Likewise, I don't consider Dagoth Ur a "good" character just because he's got an effective villain speech that seeks to "rewrite history" when he becomes the victor. He's done terrible things in the game that my Nerevarine has seen and intends to cause more death and destruction in the name of his "greater good." So my Nerevarine opposes his vision, not because he's been labeled "evil" but because my Nerevarine despises the vision of a diseased and brainwashed future he offers Morrowind.

I'll grant you that roleplaying a not-very-good character is entertaining. Roleplaying an extremely xenophobic Dunmer who wants to be imperialistic and kill the n'wah is entertaining for a certain value of entertaining (I'll admit I don't enjoy role-playing xenophobic characters because it feeds my inner jerk. I try not to feed my inner jerk too often.) Its still roleplaying a not-very-good character and then trying to argue that what's good for that character is good in the moral sense. I mean, just because the Dunmer consider slavery a positive good doesn't actually make slavery a positive good. Just because empires throughout history have considered Imperialism a positive good doesn't make it so. (And, yes, because someone will bring them up if I don't say this, I'm familiar with the various arguments about slavery in ancient history vs american slavery. I...don't really care to hear them again? It's immaterial to the actual discussion anyway.)

Finally, to be specific in an Elder Scrolls sense, I can roleplay a 4th Era Thalmor Justiciar who regards killing humans and especially Talos worshippers to be a positive good moving the Altmer (the only race that really matters) closer to their goal of ascension. I can do that...without ever pretending that committing genocide or oppressing people for their religion is a morally good thing outside of the limits of my roleplay. If I start acting like genocide and oppressing people for their religion is a morally good thing outside of my roleplay, I've got a big problem.

My point wasn’t that said thing is good or bad from a moral sense. I never stated that Dagoth Ur is good, just that he isn’t evil.
    No one is truly good or evil. Like any well-written character, he is somewhere in-between.

My point is that morality is just as fictional as TES. It is nothing more than a method of humanizing one’s allies and dehumanizing one’s enemies. An effective tool? Certainly. You can trick anyone into doing anything if they believe it the ‘right thing to do.’ The issue is that there is no real ‘right thing to do.’ Anyone can do anything within the legal boundaries of their country. Laws define what is acceptable. Laws are concrete and objective. Morality is an opinion, and opinions hold little weight to me in an argument.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point is that morality is just as fictional as TES. It is nothing more than a method of humanizing one’s allies and dehumanizing one’s enemies. An effective tool? Certainly. You can trick anyone into doing anything if they believe it the ‘right thing to do.’ The issue is that there is no real ‘right thing to do.’ Anyone can do anything within the legal boundaries of their country. Laws define what is acceptable. Laws are concrete and objective. Morality is an opinion, and opinions hold little weight to me in an argument.

If the argument we're having is that morality is fictional, that slavery and genocide cannot be said to be evil except as evil from a certain point of view and good from another point of view, and that anything can be justified so long as it is legal...

I'm going to have to disagree, so strenuously, that's there's no point in having that argument with you. We have an irreconcilable difference in how we look at the world.

Instead, I'm going to turn to another work of fiction: Terry Pratchett's Hogfather.

“All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."

REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"

YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

"So we can believe the big ones?"

YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.

"They're not the same at all!"

YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.

"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"

MY POINT EXACTLY.”
    ― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the argument we're having is that morality is fictional, that slavery and genocide cannot be said to be evil except as evil from a certain point of view and good from another point of view, and that anything can be justified so long as it is legal...

I'm going to have to disagree, so strenuously, that's there's no point in having that argument with you. We have an irreconcilable difference in how we look at the world.

Instead, I'm going to turn to another work of fiction: Terry Pratchett's Hogfather.

“All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."

REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.

MY POINT EXACTLY.”

I’m more than willing to agree to disagree, but I never said that slavery is “right.” I’m just saying that no universal law exists to deem it ‘wrong.’ If there were, it would never have happened.

Don’t misunderstand me; there is a reason that morality was invented. I, for one, wouldn’t want to be enslaved. Morality protects me in this sense, making it a beneficial system. I can uphold it as beneficial without upholding it as objective.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MY POINT EXACTLY.”

I’m more than willing to agree to disagree, but I never said that slavery is “right.” I’m just saying that no universal law exists to deem it ‘wrong.’ If there were, it would never have happened.

Don’t misunderstand me; there is a reason that morality was invented. I, for one, wouldn’t want to be enslaved. Morality protects me in this sense, making it a beneficial system. I can uphold it as beneficial without upholding it as objective.

I think I can agree with there being no universal law dictating morality in the sense of ,say, the laws of gravity. As the Hogfather quote says, you won't find morality anywhere in the universe. Nevertheless, justice and mercy are still necessary and go beyond the bounds of society, history, and this-benefits-me-therefore-its-good ways of thinking.

Anyway, I'm getting far afield of roleplaying morality, which is all about the bounds of society, history, and this-benefits-me-therefore-its-good ways of thinking, such as a xenophobic "kill the n'wah" Dunmer with imperialistic ambitions looking at Dagoth Ur and thinking "You know, that guy's got a good point..."
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you miss the point. Nerevar realized that the power of the heart of Lorkhan would ultimately corrupt any mortal, regardless of how good their intentions might once have been.

Dagoth Ur wanted the power for himself. As did Almalexia, Sotha Sil and Vivec - to the extent that they murdered Nerevar and broke their promise not to use it.

I have a different theory, I'll try to explain it point after point:

1- Nerevar and Dagoth killed Kagre and came to the Hearth of Lorkhan.
    2- Nerevar purpose was to take the power of the Heart, thus becoming the new embodiment of Lorkhan.
    3- Dagoth realized what Nerevar was doing and killed him using Sunder, Kennag and (or) Wraithguard.
    4- Since Nerevar blood was spilled on Dagoth, he, in turn, becomes the new embodiment of Lorkhan.
    5- Vivec, Sotha and Alma arrive and see Dagoth. He explains what happens and his plan. They reject that.
    6- They get their hand on Kagre tools and to defeat Dagohth, using the power of the Heart (which can only be used properly through the use of the tools)
    7- Since they are betraying Nerevar, and in certain way spoiling Azura's plan (I'll go there later), they are cursed by Azura
    8- Then they become the Tribunal as we knew them.

Well, in my opinion Azura's plan was no other than make Nerevar the (new) embodiment of Lorkhan, but the plan failed because Dagoth Ur. Since Dagoth Ur wasn't an appropiate vessel for Lorkhan and since the other 3 took the power for themselves, Azura cursed them and set the prophecy in motion to kill Dagoth Ur and put Nerevarine as the new embodiment of Lorkhan on mundus.

So at the end, Nerevarine destroys the Heart, but absorbs its power. I believe after going to Akavir, he created his own Oblivion Plane where he retired from Nirn.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    [
    Xvorg wrote: »

2- Nerevar purpose was to take the power of the Heart, thus becoming the new embodiment of Lorkhan.
    3- Dagoth realized what Nerevar was doing and killed him using Sunder, Kennag and (or) Wraithguard.
    4- Since Nerevar blood was spilled on Dagoth, he, in turn, becomes the new embodiment of Lorkhan.
    5- Vivec, Sotha and Alma arrive and see Dagoth. He explains what happens and his plan. They reject that.
    6- They get their hand on Kagre tools and to defeat Dagohth, using the power of the Heart (which can only be used properly through the use of the tools)
    7- Since they are betraying Nerevar, and in certain way spoiling Azura's plan (I'll go there later), they are cursed by Azura

Well, in my opinion Azura's plan was no other than make Nerevar the (new) embodiment of Lorkhan, but the plan failed because Dagoth Ur. Since Dagoth Ur wasn't an appropiate vessel for Lorkhan and since the other 3 took the power for themselves, Azura cursed them and set the prophecy in motion to kill Dagoth Ur and put Nerevarine as the new embodiment of Lorkhan on mundus.

So at the end, Nerevarine destroys the Heart, but absorbs its power. I believe after going to Akavir, he created his own Oblivion Plane where he retired from Nirn.

There's a slight problem with your theory, the heart of lorkhan wasn't destroyed, it can't be destroyed and no one can absorb it's entire power. And my theory involving the heart Is the dwemer are actually trapped in the heart it's like a Soul Gem and it has it's own plane of existence.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aideian wrote: »
    [

There's a slight problem with your theory, the heart of lorkhan wasn't destroyed, it can't be destroyed and no one can absorb it's entire power. And my theory involving the heart Is the dwemer are actually trapped in the heart it's like a Soul Gem and it has it's own plane of existence.

Or they went to Lorkham Plane which is our world

But it is weird, why would Azura destroy the Heart? That's an Aedra purpose
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aideian wrote: »
    [

There's another problem - even in the false gods' own testimony, Nerevar was still alive after defeating Dagoth Ur, but dying from his wounds.

If your story is correct why didn't they just say that Nerevar and Dagoth Ur fought, Ur killed Nerevar and then the three used the heart to defeat him. They would incur the wrath of Azura, but they just had to do it... even though they didn't want to.

Honest :)