The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rank the DLC's

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I thought it would be interesting how others would rank the DLC / areas - which ones you enjoyed the most especially regarding story, atmosphere, characters and just that you enjoyed overall the most or that impressed you the most, emotionally impacted you the most etc.... this could maybe help also ZOS to improve future DLC releases (they should probably implement a "rate this dlc" at the end of the story so that people could give feedback to zos like short survey with points for story, overall word, characters, mechanics, items/sets, motifs?

So for me, starting from best to worst (only story-ish DLC so no dungeons):

1. Orsinium - good story / characters / atmosphere
2. Thieves Guild - decent story, characters and atmosphere
3. Clockwork City - a bit generic story and characters - great atmosphere
4. Morrowind - forgetable characters, story was "good" but not great, atmosphere was also "good" but not great
5. Dark Brotherhood - characters were interesting, but story was a bit tame and disappointing, area is nice but forgetable
6. Craiglorn - boring story, no interesting characters, area is ok, nothing special
7. Imperial City - just because i didn't finish the storyline since its difficult to do solo
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you call cwc a generic story? Found the n'wah. Morrowind a "good but not great" atmosphere? Maximum n'wah!

Craglorn is one of the most interesting stories...

I'll bite tho.

Orsinium, for its price was amazing, awesome story and it's worth it for the content included.

Cwc: 15 year buildup for finally meeting sotha sil and the lore nerd was satisfied with the encounter.

Morrowind: is a overpriced dlc at launch, hardly an expansion. It satisfies nostalgia but isn't worth it's price at launch. It's current price is worth buying though.

Dark brotherhood: overall enjoy the return to the gold coast and the assassination dailys. Just starting the dlc makes thieving so much easier.

Thieves guild: zone is pretty but for some reason I didn't care for the characters. Dlc makes thieving easier tho

Imperial city: good dlc but neglected after a while... needs an update to increase traffuc.

craglorn isn't a dlc
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 3, 2018 5:24AM
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    orsinium wasn’t great to me at all. The atmosphere was nice but the story was predictable, and really kind of just... lame

Morrowind now that was an amazing experience
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clockwork City is my favorite at this point. Would be tough to actually rank them. I like all the zones that were released as DLC zones. Although Vvardenfell felt unfinished almost.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn isnt a DLC. Its included in the base game by default.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC.. and then everything else.

PvP use to be so awesome down there. Id be happy with half the people it use to have.
    Edited by Smmokkee on January 3, 2018 5:35AM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CWC - Small but good
    Orsinium - All around solid, little predictable
    Morrowind - Main story lackluster, zone good but hollow, sidequests fun, lots of collectables, HOF and BGs
    TG - Was a nice "human" story not involving a tone of magic/saving the world
    DB - Similar to TG
    Imperial city - I actually liked the overarching story about molags last resort shenanigans, but the quests were a little radiant.

Not done crag.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    all good but once ur done...
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Orsinium (represents the best value for money of the DLC’s. Plenty of content and looks great, it’s a shame that all DLC’s this size will be chapters from now on, it would of been a near perfect DLC if it included a pvp arena, maybe a duelling arena?)

2. Thieves Guild (the smallish zone is good value considering how cheap the DLC was. You also get a very good trial with it. I liked the quest line as well)

3. Horns of the Reach/Shadow of the Hist (I lumped these two together because my opinion on them is the same, I like hard 4 man dungeons, they’re my favourite part of the game, and I like the how these dungeons are presented and how challenging they are. Cheap as chips as well)

4. Clockwork City (Although the zone was a bit too small and rather empty, I liked how the daily quests are done, I liked the quest line and the trial)

5. Dark Brotherhood (Unless I’ve had a brain fart, this one didn’t have a trial, so that’s why it’s lower than Thieves Guild. I think the daily quests are designed a bit better then Thieves Guild. Not as good value for money as TG but I still like a lot about this one)

6. Morrowind (I put it this low because for what you get with this, the price is too high. I like the trial, the quest line, the map looks fantastic and even though I haven’t tried Battlegrounds yet, it looks interesting for pvpers, it needed a couple of 4 man dungeons with it. If they’re going to push forward with this ‘chapter model’ we need more value for money in the next one)

7. Imperial City (I really thought the mix of PvE and PvP didn’t work, I know a small niche crowd like it, but I think it was a big mistake. Should of been a pure PvP DLC with the two dungeons as the only PvE content.
    Edited by MattT1988 on January 3, 2018 7:54AM
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6. Craiglorn - boring story, no interesting characters, area is ok, nothing special

It's Craglorn, without the 'i' and it's not a DLC. And I can accept your order, except I'd bring IC much forward, since that's a great DLC.