Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Combat resurrection

Calboy
Calboy
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we get some adjustments made to in combat resurrections in pvp. The tools are there to combat zergs and ball groups but there is not point when all the dead are resurrected in no time at all.

Eg. Vicious death bomb takes out 5, cool things are starting to look even now just need people to capitalize, (5 seconds later) oh never mind everyone has been resurrected with no consequence.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learn to search for stealth players and stop resurrections ... Problem is if they do do what you're asking them when you die to greater numbers it's going to be much harder to get you up and could result in a wipe

You're not seeing the benefits it's has for people who are outnumbered while you focus on the who are doing the outnumbering
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Learn to search for stealth players and stop resurrections ... Problem is if they do do what you're asking them when you die to greater numbers it's going to be much harder to get you up and could result in a wipe

You're not seeing the benefits it's has for people who are outnumbered while you focus on the who are doing the outnumbering

Can't really stop revive when your fighting a group and templars revive in like a second.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm last I checked bash, cc, and interrupt skills still work. Fighting outnumbered isn't supposed to be easy especially if your built just for bombs and have no ult up. Don't want to adjust your build then bash always works and requires no weapon or skill to be slotted.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you honestly think those counters are effective then you are delusional. The ultimate problem is the speed and lack of consequences once revived.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those counters work 100% of the time if you use them. If your not able to use them in time then that's a situational awareness problem you need to work on. Sorry there's no time outs in combat so you can get your ult back up.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Those counters work 100% of the time if you use them. If your not able to use them in time then that's a situational awareness problem you need to work on. Sorry there's no time outs in combat so you can get your ult back up.

If you kill 10 people and move on because you can't stay in one place and then those 10 get rezzed within mere seconds, that's not a "situational awareness problem".
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

If you kill 10 people and move on because you can't stay in one place and then those 10 get rezzed within mere seconds, that's not a "situational awareness problem".

That's the drawback to fighting out numbered. It's not supposed to be easy and sometimes you have to retreat if your not able to hold your ground.

I think the bigger problem is that people do not back up bombers. Was at faregyle last night defending for an hour. Was able to wipe most of the group 6 times, but they kept reviving because people just sat there watching them revive. Was very aggravating, but not to the point where revives need to be nerfed.

There's plenty of options to stop reviving, retreat, or join an organized group. Personally I just think it's wrong to nerf things when there are plenty of working counters available. Now resource poisons, that's a nerf I can stand behind!
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol really? People cry about everything, it's amazing.

I bet if you died and it took your buddy 2 minutes to rez you and you port back to main base you would be crying about that too.

Suck it up and just play. Plus if you're killing people and they rez, just kill them again.

Ffs the crying I see on here sometimes
    Edited by Datthaw on January 8, 2018 5:44PM
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

I bet if you died and it took your buddy 2 minutes to rez you and you port back to main base you would be crying about that too.

Suck it up and just play. Plus if you're killing people and they rez, just kill them again.

Pug alert
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bombing isn't always effective cuz AoE caps are a thing
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »

Pug alert

Lol I'm not the one crying about how fast people can rez. Isn't that the whole point of cyro? Kill people? But you get mad when they keep rezzing the people you already killed? Sounds like they are setting them self up for a good farm.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it is actually. The situation called for your group to stay and deny ressers.

You failed to be aware of this and your group left the area.

The enemy clearly had better situational awareness as they started ressing when you guys left...

The real question is why are so many of these small "elite" groups like yours just overflowing with scrub mentality?
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The reason I wear Kragnerac's hope over Julianos. To resurrect faster. Can't wait to level my Templar and wear Kragnerac too.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »

Yes it is actually. The situation called for your group to stay and deny ressers.

The enemy clearly had better situational awareness as they started ressing when you guys left...

The real question is why are so many of these small "elite" groups like yours just overflowing with scrub mentality?

You failed to comprehend my post apparently. I said you can't stay in one place. That happens if you are heavily outnumbered. I think most players in this position know very well that the enemies may rezz, but for the most part can't do anything about it.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crushing shock and venom arrow still interrupt
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Can't really stop revive when your fighting a group and templars revive in like a second.

Yes we do revive people quickly even more so with Kags, but that still doesn't mean you can't use skills to stop other rezing or smarter gameplay such as communication you may not be able to stop the rest but a group member might if you call it

• Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You failed to comprehend my post apparently. I said you can't stay in one place. That happens if you are heavily outnumbered. I think most players in this position know very well that the enemies may rezz, but for the most part can't do anything about it.

Nope, and I already knew this would be your response.

If you could think past the end of your nose you would realize if you were that outnumbered you HAD to leave then it does not matter what consequences ressing has. Res would have happened anyways...
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can rez just as fast as your enemy can...
    Edited by SmellyUnlimited on January 11, 2018 4:34AM
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you could think past the end of your nose you would realize if you were that outnumbered you HAD to leave then it does not matter what consequences ressing has. Res would have happened anyways...

Of course you knew; after all, you just ignored that point in my first post.

As for your point, that is simply the current situation. Being able to rez only once before respawning or a rez sickness would go a long way to change this.

• Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for your point, that is simply the current situation. Being able to rez only once before respawning or a rez sickness would go a long way to change this.

I mean they do they rezzed with like half hp and resources
  • Lionnel
    Lionnel
    ✭✭✭
    Can players revive other while they are still invisible?
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I mean they do they rezzed with like half hp and resources

It is easier to kill them again if you get back there immediately after the rez - but in such cases you are usually able to prevent the rez in the first place.

• joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lionnel wrote: »
    Can players revive other while they are still invisible?

Yes
    Smiff
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭

I like Rez sickness. Feels like Everquest. If you ever had to deal with resurrection in that game, you’d think ESO has the easiest rez’ing ever. Definitely should be more a penalty for dying. Especially in PvE. Too many people can’t place themselves at all for group heals, and they just expect to get healed to full wherever they stand or how little they try to mitigate damage to themselves. Would require a whole new level of skill to be mindful of impending death and to take big steps not to die, instead of “oh well! I’ll just get rezzed after fight.”
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was your opportunity to be a learner. You stated it in your first post and then ignored it as well...

Your suggestions are equally ill thought out.

Rez once before respawn...absolutely ridiculous. Terrible for smaller groups, imagine how much fun the high priority targets (ie. healers) will have running back to the group.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That was your opportunity to be a learner. You stated it in your first post and then ignored it as well...

Rez once before respawn...absolutely ridiculous. Terrible for smaller groups, imagine how much fun the high priority targets (ie. healers) will have running back to the group.

Healers? They are usually only focused in weaker groups. In a fight between two good small groups, people focus the most dangerous DDs because it takes pressure off their own group, they are usually the squishiest and the fight is generally decided as soon as one side has even a slight numerical advantage.
    That being said, you can still spawn at a camp every 5 minutes.

You seem to have some problem with me and I don't even know who you are...

• Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Healers? They are usually only focused in weaker groups. In a fight between two good small groups, people focus the most dangerous DDs because it takes pressure off their own group, they are usually the squishiest and the fight is generally decided as soon as one side has even a slight numerical advantage.

It's nothing personal, there is a constant flow of nerf threads flowing through this forum by people like you who see problems where there are none.

Yelling for nerfs where they arent needed. Suggesting fixes that are worse than current.

Get a couple more years of mmo experience under your belt and then come back and tallk to us...

Again you totally missed the point of the post and decided to argue who the priority target is rather than just realize whoever that target is, your suggestion would be a very bad change for them and their group.
    Edited by Dredlord on January 13, 2018 7:27PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's nothing personal, there is a constant flow of nerf threads flowing through this forum by people like you who see problems where there are none.

Yelling for nerfs where they arent needed. Suggesting fixes that are worse than current.

Get a couple more years of mmo experience under your belt and then come back and tallk to us...

Again you totally missed the point of the post and decided to argue who the priority target is rather than just realize whoever that target is, your suggestion would be a very bad change for them and their group.

"People like you", "couple more years", sounds to me like you are just frustrated and talking out of your ass.

As for your point, I actually adressed it; you can still spawn at camps. I don't see anything wrong with having to wait a bit before jumping into the same fight yet again if you die twice within 5 minutes.

• Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sounds to me like you are just frustrated and talking out of your ass.

Exactly what I thought when I read your OP...

Now run along and get some more mmo experience, try and be a learner while you're at it.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    The reason I wear Kragnerac's hope over Julianos. To resurrect faster. Can't wait to level my Templar and wear Kragnerac too.
    This, always thought Kragnerac's was an stupid healer set for PvE, for PvP it makes perfect sense.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.