The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] Overflowing Crafting Materials

KanedaSyndrome
KanedaSyndrome
✭✭✭✭
Postulate: We have too many "useless/redundant" crafting materials.

Suggestion:
I think we could use some kind of materials "sink". I suggest something along the lines of being able to improve upon weapons/amor/enchants/potions/food etc, by throwing more materials at it. Let it be exponential in requirement.

Example:
So let's say you want a Legendary Glyph which is more powerful than the base version, well you can choose to throw 200 green potency runes at it, and it will improve by 10%, or 50 blue = 10%, 10 purple = 10%, 1 yellow = 10%, but that's just for the first upgrade. If you throw the same amount at it again in a 2nd upgrade, then you gain 5% etc. So basically each subsequent upgrade will be more and more expensive. Let this be a softcap mechanic, that is, no hardcaps, let people throw 10k runes at an enchant if they wish, exponential math solves the balance.

You could upgrade your Sweetroll as well, instead of it increasing your max Magicka with 5000, it could be upgraded to increasing by 7000 Magicka, provided you spend 10 times the amount of ingredients when cooking it.

Or what about that fullplate armor that has 3000 armor, you craft one with 3500 armor instead, but it will cost you 2000 rubedite instead of 180 rubedite. Want to hit 4000 amor? Get ready to spend another 5000 rubedite.

Disclaimer: All numbers are just for illustration and haven't been considered for balance.

Conclusion:
So if we do this for all trades I think we can curb and balance the inflation of crafting materials and at the same time we will create some extra gameplay elements around gear and crafting materials that we don't have today.
KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
The Best Plans Require No Action
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like it would spiral out of control way too easily.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭

In which way?
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have too much crafting materials, how about selling them in a guild trader?
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarydf wrote: »
    If you have too much crafting materials, how about selling them in a guild trader?

Or how about ESO+. Then you don't have to worry about how many crafting materials you have.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sort of opposed to this idea too.

The flood of converted gold improvement items and kutas would devalue the market price of those items. Keep legendary items legendary.
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭

Problem is that pretty much everyone have too many materials. I'm certainly also open for the suggestion that reparing gear requires materials instead of plain gold. Also, crafters should be able to repair.
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭

Or how about ESO+. Then you don't have to worry about how many crafting materials you have.

This is not about worrying about inventory space, I'm already ESO+ and have absolutely no inventory problems. It's a suggestion for improving and adding gameplay to the harvesting mechanic other than just sinking it into some daily crafting writs.
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, selling the stuff, not possible, everyone else has a billion of these mats as well, which is clear to see with Master Merchant having 1 sale in 30 days.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In which way?

I am a farmer. I play since PC beta. For example, I have around 20k rubedite ingots sitting in my crafting bag. I have more than 10k jejota runes.

Some alchemy supplies I have in excess of 50k.

A concept like the one you propose would mean that I can get everything upgraded no matter what the chances. Do you see the kind of imbalance that causes for newish players?
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

In which way?

I am a farmer. I play since PC beta. For example, I have around 20k rubedite ingots sitting in my crafting bag. I have more than 10k jejota runes.

Some alchemy supplies I have in excess of 50k.

A concept like the one you propose would mean that I can get everything upgraded no matter what the chances. Do you see the kind of imbalance that causes for newish players?

And you don't see a problem with your current situation? Sitting on a ton of materials that you'll never need? So rubedite sells, but Jejota doesn't, nobody needs that stuff, so its existence is pointless.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am not bothered by it. Having it or not having it doesn't matter.

I had to go ahead and sell it to an NPC merchant before the crafting bag, which was a bit of a bore. But now? I absolutely don't care.

I do care however about making them too important or useful again, since it will create even stronger separation between veterans and new players.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have Craft Mat sinks in the game. They are called Furniture plans and Master Writs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's evident that the people that have responded to this thread thinks this is a bad suggestion. It hasn't really convinced me that it is, but I'll respect that.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In which way?

In what way wouldn't it spiral out of control? You're suggesting having infinite stat gain - unless you put a cap on it, and then you're in the same position you are now with Rubedite and CP160 gear - a huge increase in material cost for a slight stat gain. Except even more expensive and more complicated. So you'd be adding a whole new mechanic that doesn't do anything new.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have a arrow to the left in the crafting station for the mats (so selection circular).. so I could make my writs quicker..
    PC-EU @lientier
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    lientier wrote: »
    I would rather have a arrow to the left in the crafting station for the mats (so selection circular).. so I could make my writs quicker..

If you're on the PC then there's an awesome addon that helps do writs super quick :smile: