The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

moved

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you should travel around them instead
    Only very slightly rude. It's really not that big of a deal.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    ....huh? I've been playing since early access and that thought has literally never ever come to my mind. I can't even recall if anyone's ever ridden "through" me...I'm sure they have, especially in lively cities such as Mournhold or something, but I never paid any attention. There're no collisions with friendly players in ESO so I'm genuinely confused as for why it could be seen as an issue ._.

I guess maybe if someone purposefully goes out of their way to keep messing with your view again and again, that would be pretty mean. But otherwise, why would it matter?
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    Not rude, and for a QoL I'd love to see, remove collision on non-combat NPCs so I can run through them as well.
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully I have better looking mount so I can stop, taunt them , and debuff their self esteem exponentially .

Carry on
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnblade wrote: »
    Not rude, and for a QoL I'd love to see, remove collision on non-combat NPCs so I can run through them as well.

It would feel like we are all ghosts, and it would make connecting with quest givers a P.I.T.A.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    The rp argument is really funny. It’s a game where heros show up to kill bosses, watch someone else beat them to it and then wait for a respawn. It’s a game where other people wipe out all the enemies on a sneak mission. If ZoS creates some immersion, even a little, then I’ll consider the horse thing. As is, I think it’s fun and had no idea anyone would think it’s rude.

Now that I think about it, everyone who thinks it’s rude is a hypocrite if they don’t wait in line at the bank. Don’t slam right into my ass, wait your turn! I don’t mean to be butthurt about it, but the yes vote rp folks rammed me at the bank.
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must be incredibly bored.
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this really a topic for discussion?
    We're playing a video game for cryin outloud
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarkAedin wrote: »
    Is this really a topic for discussion?
    We're playing a video game for cryin outloud

Quit accusing me of crying out loud while playing video games.
  • Heroic_Defender
    Heroic_Defender
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    No, it is not rude

I think the mount should be able to do some sort of damage in PvP when running into your opponent with it. Kinda like Battlefield 1 where you can run players over with vehicles.

• Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    I find it baffling that people might take offence from being "run over" by another player on their mount.

Why on earth would that be "rude"?!

Beats me, in all honesty.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    Although I don’t think it’s rude, and I wouldn’t care if someone ran through me, I usually try to avoid bumping into another player. It’s just something, a very very very little thing that adds a bit more immersion. Someone previously mentioned roleplaying, if you see people roleplaying and you run straight through them (mounted or not), it’s rude.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    I’ve seen some weird complaints on this forum. This one is right up there.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    I don't think it's rude. I do think it's *nicer* to move, though. Not because of any actual etiquette breach, because after all we all KNOW that our toons don't collide and there is zero actual effect from riding through someone, but simply to passively assist with everyone's immersion. And it's not rude to NOT go the extra mile. It's just not extra nice. It never bothers me if people ride through me but it makes me happy when they don't. Difference between zero and a positive, basically.
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    In real life - yes, it would be rude.

In an RP guild - it would be likely frowned upon, but not necessarily rude.

In all other instances - who cares?
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only my horse cud tbag ... ^^
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    Im on the horse, youre on foot. Make way or get stampeded.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 15, 2018 1:01AM
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    Jumping over them is the height of sophistication and the only polite thing to do.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    I don't care if people run thru me. If you are bothered by those liltle things in an MMO you will run out of guarshit to give soon.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care if people run thru me. If you are bothered by those liltle things in an MMO you will run out of guarshit to give soon.

:) Speaking of being bothered by the little things, shouldn't the streets of every major city be absolutely covered with horse and guar poop? (and bear, and twilight matriarch, and scamp, and wolf, and poop of every animal mount type...)

Seriously, you can't tell me that little volatile familiar doesn't run off to do his business and just cheekily leaves it there for someone else to clean up, daedric summons from Oblivion or no.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 15, 2018 1:01AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not an MMO thing as much as it is a society thing.

People might not consider it to be rude, and because the game allows it, people might not even care, it doesn't even have to have anything to do with "immershun", but it still says something about the people in the game with you.

"Moving parts in rubbing contact require lubrication to avoid excessive wear. Honorifics and formal politeness
    provide lubrication where people rub together. Often the very young, the untraveled, the naive, the
    unsophisticated deplore these formalities as “empty” “meaningless,” or “dishonest,” and scorn to use them. No
    matter how “pure” their motives, they thereby throw sand into machinery that does not work too well at best. "
    Edited by Elsonso on January 1, 2018 2:22AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 15, 2018 12:59AM
  • deluxesalt
    deluxesalt
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    Woah I've never seen that profile pic before.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK, but it would be funny if you could knock people over that way.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe it rude or not-rude, but I will admit I usually swerve around other players if I notice them in time. Largely off instinct to avoid collision (even though other players have no collision).
          In verity.
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not rude
    FYI- you cant run them over. You can run thru them, but not run them over. If you could and it did damage, then yes it would be rude.... on their part for not getting out of the way. Like... some idiot running out into the freeway.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's not necessary that rude but I try my best to avoid riding through people. It just feels a little weird. Another reason I ride around is because of all the npc's with collision so it has become a habit to avoid as much as possible.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP