The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Which dlc to buy

Mancombe_Nosehair
Mancombe_Nosehair
✭✭✭✭✭
I already have the 4 dlc pack through the gold edition ie I don't have plus, and I was wondering which remaining dlc I could buy using the crown sale. Which one do people recommend? I have access to a transmutation station through a guild.

Thanks.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you already have Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Orsinium and Imperial City. Morrowind is a chapter that can't be bought with crowns so I'm going to ignore that.

The remaining DLC are:
    Shadows of the Hist - 2 Dungeons
    Horns of the Reach - 2 Dungeons
    Clockwork City - new zone, new trial (its close to Thieves Guild in terms of quest time and repeatable fetch quests)

If you like doing harder, mechanic-heavy dungeons, by all means, pick up Shadows of the Hist and Horns of the Reach. If you don't, I'd give them a pass. A good way to figure that out if you aren't sure is to jump into the two dungeons from Imperial City that you own. White Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison are both long, drag-em-out fights that are relatively heavy on the boss mechanics. If you like those and find them more engaging than most base game group dungeons, the other DLC dungeons will be a good fit for you, since they get more complex. If you don't like WGT and ICP, you aren't going to like the DLC dungeons added by those two DLCs, since they get even thougher and more complex.

Clockwork City is an extension of the Morrowind storyline, but can be played and mostly understood even if you don't own the Chapter. Its a very visually different zone that's fun to explore and quest in (though not to farm materials in, thanks to some of the unique visuals in the zone). You can power through the quest quickly or take your time. Similar to Thieves Guild, there's several World Bosses and repeatable fetch quests. If you want a new zone to explore and new story content that is attached to the newest story arc in ESO, Clockwork City is a pretty good buy.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks I appreciate it.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind should be your first priority,big place,2 pub dungeons,many places to visit,more than 30 quests and lots of people
    Clockwork City next,nice story,unique environment and again lots of people to group with for AS trial
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    Morrowind should be your first priority,big place,2 pub dungeons,many places to visit,more than 30 quests and lots of people
    Clockwork City next,nice story,unique environment and again lots of people to group with for AS trial

Agreed. And, while Morrowind cannot be bought with crowns, it is currently on sale. Morrowind also opens up the Warden class and battlegrounds if those interest you.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great summary above.

Personally Imp City is a must, as extends PvP and Orsinium is a great zone.

DB / TG are niche

SotH & HotR are dungeons personally think HotR are better stories

Clockwork isn't for me mechanical crap

I only got morrowind for NO CP battlegrounds
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Great summary above.

Personally Imp City is a must, as extends PvP and Orsinium is a great zone.

DB / TG are niche

All of those are in the mega bundle, which they already have.

Yes TG and DB are definitely niche. But I've read that nightblades have lost their stealth speed advantage and if ZO decide to eg. throw a stealth ability into the TG or DB skill lines then all professions would be able to play that content on an equal footing. I hope that they're moving in that direction.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you already have Orsinium (my favorite), I suggest Clockwork City or Morrowind. They're both great. You can get CC with crowns, though, but can't buy Morrowind with crowns.
    I don't think it's worth it to buy a dungeon DLC, since you can just subscribe for a month, play through the dungeons a few times with the cost of the subscription, plus get a lot of other nice bonuses with the sub like crowns and double bank capacity, and the crafting bag, and costume dying.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on January 1, 2018 8:36AM
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your detailed advice. I think I will get cc in the sale. One of the dungeon dlc's will be 2 years old in August, so might wait until them to see if it becomes half price, which seems to be the trend from what I can see.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your detailed advice. I think I will get cc in the sale. One of the dungeon dlc's will be 2 years old in August, so might wait until them to see if it becomes half price, which seems to be the trend from what I can see.

Great tactic, double dip with the crown sale too. I got Orsinium for effectively 325 crowns that way :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP