Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc Healer?

One_ofMany
One_ofMany
✭✭✭
Could a Sorc healer be effective enough to heal VETs and Trials?
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healed both. Might not be as optimal (keyword here is optimal, not viable) but it works. Play to the sorc strength and you can heal anything.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Of course. Spec him properly and go for it.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on December 31, 2017 6:54AM
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like they'd have a lot of personal defense options to keep adds away. That's my number one annoyance on my Templar
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pet sorc is also a great healer, slot 1 bird tho
    We never run pure healer in 4 man vet content, its pretty slow at all, 4dps or 1tank3dps if necessary
    Healing is awesome with necro
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer's are the best at magicka management and also they have an innate ability for shields. Make a shield based sorc pet healer.

Empowered ward for magicka recovery and also to protect your pet.
    Healing Ward for those emergency shields
    Harness Magicka for your own magicka returns and self preservation ( a dead healer is no healer )
    Bone shield ( once they fix the synergy activation, this will be awesome, believe me ) for those 60% health shields for everyone. A tank with 40k health will gain 28k shield. yeap, a 28k shield.

Then take combat prayer, healing springs and twilight matriarch. Streak for those pesky mobs, and I personally use Absorption Field for mob control. or take shattering Prison for crowd control on groups that don't have a dk tank and also to proc spell crits for the group. (dark magic passive)

This is just off the top of my head on my sorc healer, and I can switch between using a destro back bar or a full 2 bar resto build. Good stuff.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One_ofMany wrote: »
    Could a Sorc healer be effective enough to heal VETs and Trials?

l got my Dreadhorn Shaman, Amberplasm, and Spiderkith skins all with a Sorc healer, she was the bomb. That Twilight is a beast.
    (I was the Tank)

I've also personally healed vet Trials on my DK healer so I know it can be done with out a Templar. Just make sure you have Orbs (always) and Purge (when needed)
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Check out @Tasear guide

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Check out @Tasear guide

@Runefang @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO Tasear doesn't have anything on thier forum account. Maybe you could link the build page?
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on December 31, 2017 9:08AM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check out @Tasear guide

@Runefang @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO Tasear doesn't have anything on thier forum account. Maybe you could link the build page?

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/dark-priestess-pug-proof/
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heal on Sorc all the time. It works great until the Twilight Matriarch dies unexpectedly, then you can watch your team members die as you slowly resummon, which often bugs out and gets you caught having to resummon again. To prevent the twilight dying you can slot empowered ward and use it in your rotation, but this takes up another skill slot and a GCD every 10s (but does give the group minor intellect and help personal survival). Basically a Sorc healer gets to use 3 skill slots to do what a Twmplar gets in one with BoL.

That is really my only major complaint with Sorc healing. It can definitely do all content in the game. Shards would be nice, but at least Orbs are similar now.

Sorc passives are nice, like the Magicka cost reduction, 15% ultimate cost reduction, and 8% more health from using a pet. The actives are lacking for a healer though, you will rely mostly on resto skills. Basically only the Matriarch and Empowered Ward are useful. Bound aegis is nice in theory, but who has 2 free bar slots on a healer?
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on December 31, 2017 9:27AM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have sorc healer but i am still building then. I started from that build. But ergh twlight remedy feels like i am bending my build too much to put in synergies.

I have spell power cure and the rarely used healers set from DSA. Warden and templar already have minor mending in thier kit sorc does not.

I have had a sorc heal a normal trail... but i don't do enough dps to enter a vet trial with anything.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out @Tasear guide

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/dark-priestess-pug-proof/

hmm maybe l'll reroll my sorc. Its currently DPS but I find DPS boring. I love playing unexpected builds.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heal on Sorc all the time. It works great until the Twilight Matriarch dies unexpectedly, then you can watch your team members die as you slowly resummon, which often bugs out and gets you caught having to resummon again. To prevent the twilight dying you can slot empowered ward and use it in your rotation, but this takes up another skill slot and a GCD every 10s (but does give the group minor intellect and help personal survival). Basically a Sorc healer gets to use 3 skill slots to do what a Twmplar gets in one with BoL.

That is really my only major complaint with Sorc healing. It can definitely do all content in the game. Shards would be nice, but at least Orbs are similar now.

Sorc passives are nice, like the Magicka cost reduction, 15% ultimate cost reduction, and 8% more health from using a pet. The actives are lacking for a healer though, you will rely mostly on resto skills. Basically only the Matriarch and Empowered Ward are useful. Bound aegis is nice in theory, but who has 2 free bar slots on a healer?

I think it's more of resummoning at the right time then instantly trying to resummoning it. Healing Ward + combat Prayer / springs should be able to bring up any low health dps or tank. Even the resto ult is good for bringing up low health too.

I've been meaning to use lamia for ult gen build aside from using warhorn, to use it for resto ult and sub heal others as well. Don't know if it works, tired of all these SPC and Worm combos.

Of Wolf and Raven
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't a fan of Sorc healing when I tried it. Too much pet management and not enough hotbar space. Ended up dropping the pet entirely and just using Resto Skills more often to compensate but ended up scrapping the character entirely as I was just playing handicapped as I was doing everything my NB, DK and Templar healers were doing with nothing special added to make it stand out more. My NB can heal while doing great damage, DK helps keep people alive via shields, and Templar is a Templar. Sorc's gimmick just made it cumbersome to play in comparison.

That's just my impression anyway. I've seen great Sorc healers so it's possible obviously but I guess it's a matter of if you feel it's worth it.
    Argonian forever
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, but not vet trials unless your team is all pros
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No not at all. If you are playing with competent educated players than its entriely viable. As has been proven multiple times.

@One_ofMany you would do well to take comments like the one quoted above, with a healthy grain of salt. Sorc healers are perfectly viable for most content included the majority of vet trials. The biggest obstacle you will undoubtedly face, is having to convince less experienced / educated players that you are entriely fit for the job.

Rememeber as a sorc healer, you provide the only grantable source of major berserk. You also can give allies minor intellect, which is exclusive to sorcs amd wardens. Matriarch is nearly the strongest burst heal in the game but requires double bar allocation. You have access to orbs, you have an easy and accurate synergy to give for alkosh via liquid lightning if not in position for accurate orb delivery to off tanks. You have ele drain as any other healer does. Your personal resource sustain is strong thanks in part to the aforementioned minor intellect via empowered ward (which is more than strong enough for pve) and dark conversion. Overload bar affords you a few extra space for added utility if need be. And what is not so obvious to naysers but is objectively true is that your heals per second are entirely on par with warden nb AND templar healers and that is with keeping in mind a lack of minor mending uptime. Dk struggles in this department slightly even with consistent major mending uptime.

Sorc healers are solid, you have nothing but the skorn and judgement of ignorant players to worry about.

Edited by exeeter702 on December 31, 2017 10:09PM
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only downfall to a sorcerer healer is that your pet in Vet Trials like AA and SO can and will activate chain lightning which will wipe out your team in a heartbeat. Other than that, a sorcerer healer is pretty top notch.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

No not at all. If you are playing with competent educated players than its entriely viable. As has been proven multiple times.

@One_ofMany you would do well to take comments like the one quoted above, with a healthy grain of salt. Sorc healers are perfectly viable for most content included the majority of vet trials. The biggest obstacle you will undoubtedly face, is having to convince less experienced / educated players that you are entriely fit for the job.

Rememeber as a sorc healer, you provide the only grantable source of major berserk. You also can give allies minor intellect, which is exclusive to sorcs amd wardens. Matriarch is nearly the strongest burst heal in the game but requires double bar allocation. You have access to orbs, you have an easy and accurate synergy to give for alkosh via liquid lightning if not in position for accurate orb delivery to off tanks. You have ele drain as any other healer does. Your personal resource sustain is strong thanks in part to the aforementioned minor intellect via empowered ward (which is more than strong enough for pve) and dark conversion. Overload bar affords you a few extra space for added utility if need be. And what is not so obvious to naysers but is objectively true is that your heals per second are entirely on par with warden nb AND templar healers and that is with keeping in mind a lack of minor mending uptime. Dk struggles in this department slightly even with consistent major mending uptime.

Sorc healers are solid, you have nothing but the skorn and judgement of ignorant players to worry about.

To add to this, I have PuG healed vet Trials on my DK healer, including vHRC hardmode
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others