The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we get a dragon mount?

TACO BELL
TACO BELL
2018 is coming we should get dragon mounts. I mean Skyrim had them eso is not that far off. How about for 3,000 crowns. :)
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if trolling or if you have literally no knowledge of ESO's lore.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • TACO BELL
    TACO BELL
    SisterGoat wrote: »

I do but we need dragon mounts :0
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cff.png
    PC/NA
  • TACO BELL
    TACO BELL
    cff.png

Still want that mount :/
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Closest thing you're going to get to a dragon mount is some animated dragon bones, I promise you that.
    PC/NA
  • Dellarie
    Dellarie
    ✭✭
    Agreed, also would like to see MLP mounts
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please

emilia-clarke-got.jpg

But it wont happen
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    and i want Daenerys mount
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A worshipper of Casu-el.. how quaint
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as we know, there is only one active dragon. Not sure how he would feel about being a taxi service.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, but try another game, would you?
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭

Tbf, Dragons do exist at the time of ESO. It would be completely lore friendly to have a dragon/lesser dragon mount. Only problem would be how it would move because flying mounts are probably never gonna happen
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tbf, Dragons do exist at the time of ESO. It would be completely lore friendly to have a dragon/lesser dragon mount. Only problem would be how it would move because flying mounts are probably never gonna happen

Dragons are intelligent and powerful creatures that exist at the time of ESO, but are not around at the time of ESO. There is one (1) dragon that we know of that is around, and he sits quietly atop Throat of the World, forgotten by almost all.

Even if flocks of dragons flew the skies of the 2nd Era, which they do not, what possible reason would they have to stoop so low as to be a mount for some puny wannabe hero that can't even speak their language?

Seriously, you have a better chance of jumping on some random character's back and getting them to cart you around the game. :smile:
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragons are intelligent and powerful creatures that exist at the time of ESO, but are not around at the time of ESO. There is one (1) dragon that we know of that is around, and he sits quietly atop Throat of the World, forgotten by almost all.

Minor point: there are more than one around, just not very many. Nafaalilargus isn't dead yet, nor is Mirmulnir nor Ahbiilok as far as we know.

But even if they're alive, they have absolutely no reason to come out of hiding just to be glorified horses. The Dragonguard is still hunting them after all.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are undead dragons on Tamriel, but there are no live ones except for Paarthurnax.

Dragons are also huge creatures and they are awkward on the ground. They aren't 6-limbed creatures like in WoW, where they can run on the ground like a cat.
    Edited by SisterGoat on January 1, 2018 12:20AM
    PC/NA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Minor point: there are more than one around, just not very many. Nafaalilargus isn't dead yet, nor is Mirmulnir nor Ahbiilok as far as we know.

But even if they're alive, they have absolutely no reason to come out of hiding just to be glorified horses. The Dragonguard is still hunting them after all.

Ok. I never played Redguard, so didn't think about Nafaalilargus. I am a dragon skeptic, so I don't trust these stories people write about dragons flitting about Morrowind, and such. :smile:

I sort of think the Dragonguard is rather toothless by the time of ESO. Maybe long in the tooth is a better way to put it. Even the Dragon Knights flitting all over Tamriel are just wannabe Dragonguard, not the real thing. Is a Dragon Knight really a threat to anything, these days? :smile:
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a cliff strider mount? it definitely is something that could replace a dragon mount.
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's odd is every mmorpg will never have dragon mounts..it's as if..the world HaTES us.

I remember in uo people begged so long for them aND they gave us swamp dragon instead which looked nothing like a dragon lol.m weird mmos man. Even wow said big fat no even skyrim. Like c9me on
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    TACO BELL wrote: »

No, we do NOT need dragon mounts! Go play WoW or some other game if that's what you want. It will NEVER happen here, it would be ridiculously lore breaking to say the least.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sort of think the Dragonguard is rather toothless by the time of ESO. Maybe long in the tooth is a better way to put it. Even the Dragon Knights flitting all over Tamriel are just wannabe Dragonguard, not the real thing. Is a Dragon Knight really a threat to anything, these days? :smile:

Old I will grant you, but toothless? Please remember our friend the Drake of Blades who was hacking heads off cultists and leaving their corpses hanging from the ceiling even before she
    got her god-like powers.

And her compatriots the Drake of Shields and the Drake of Crowns were, at the very least, competent enough to survive in a war zone being invaded by Daedra.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Guar IS a dragon... with 2 gimpy wings.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Really? There are a few dragons active; there are rumors of dragons in some places. I've said I'd love to see Paarth flying over the Throat of the World when I'm in Riften. However.......

Where are the hundreds and hundreds of dragon taxis you'll need if they ever offer dragon mounts? There is nothing in the lore about hundreds and hundreds of dragons running about in plain sight and allowing wanna-be dragonborn to hang on their necks. Even with the chaos of the fight for the Ruby Throne and the planemeld hundreds of dragons running around AFTER the dragon wars would be remembered.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you planning on bargaining with Hermaeus Mora to learn the words of the Bend Will shout (which will take decades to learn through meditation because the main quest and the Imperial City quest pretty definitely shows that your character is not a dragonborn and thus able to learn shouts instinctively upon slaying dragons and absorbing their souls) in order to command those dragon mounts?

No?

Then I guess you'll have to wait for the Skyrim DLC: Dragonborn.

Or just boot that up on your computer and remember exactly how freaking annoying those dragon mounts actually are to steer and maneuver. Easy to control, the dovah are not.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, there are a couple of dragons still alive in the time of ESO, but it would be lore-breaking to have them be mounts for us.
    There IS precedence for a dragon mount, though ... In the Dragonborn expansion, the main bad guy rode a dragon. But it wouldn't work in ESO for two reasons:
    1. It would be pretty immersion-breaking for a bunch of us to be riding around on dragons, when 99% of them are dead and under the earth right now, and
    2. They're huge. When people mount one near a wayshrine, or any city, the dragon would immediately clip into a bunch of people nearby. It's bad enough that I'm constantly disappearing into people's bears. LOL. I wouldn't want giant mounts for this reason. The bigger the mount (or pet) is, the more obnoxious it gets.

But of course it's up to the ESO team if they want to make it happen.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    As others have said, there are a couple of dragons still alive in the time of ESO, but it would be lore-breaking to have them be mounts for us.
    There IS precedence for a dragon mount, though ... In the Dragonborn expansion, the main bad guy rode a dragon. But it wouldn't work in ESO for two reasons:
    1. It would be pretty immersion-breaking for a bunch of us to be riding around on dragons, when 99% of them are dead and under the earth right now, and
    2. They're huge. When people mount one near a wayshrine, or any city, the dragon would immediately clip into a bunch of people nearby. It's bad enough that I'm constantly disappearing into people's bears. LOL. I wouldn't want giant mounts for this reason. The bigger the mount (or pet) is, the more obnoxious it gets.

But of course it's up to the ESO team if they want to make it happen.

To add another reason to your list:

The main bad guy of the Dragonborn expansion was a Dragonborn, which the Vestige is not, and thus could both bargain with Hermaeus Mora to learn the shout and then use the shout by absorbing dragon souls, as opposed to the Vestige who might be able to bargain with Hermaeus Mora but would then have to spend decades in meditation learning the Bend Will shout.

Perhaps ZOS should implement a new "Shout" category for mount training that takes 60 or so days to unlock before you can use your dragon mount, should such be implemented.
  • Carthalion
    anyone who really wants a dragon mount could just take a screen shot and photoshop it in...then they can admire it for days, never worrying out it getting nerfed or other players getting it too.

most of the time ppl want exotic mounts so they can showboat, but if you make it so readily available to obtain be it crown store or quest...you're not special anymore. Then everyone tries to get the most basic of mounts because it's trending and they want to stand out again.
  • Oberick
    Oberick
    ✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »

No, we do NOT need dragon mounts! Go play WoW or some other game if that's what you want. It will NEVER happen here, it would be ridiculously lore breaking to say the least.

How do you think the Dragons currently living survived into the future? If they eat some Nords flock eventually the people will rise up and take em down, but if they taxi people around for a sheep or two no ones going to try and kill em.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oberick wrote: »
    BloodWolfe wrote: »

How do you think the Dragons currently living survived into the future? If they eat some Nords flock eventually the people will rise up and take em down, but if they taxi people around for a sheep or two no ones going to try and kill em.

um...Yes, they will. Nords especially will. Dragons ruled over men/mer with the Dragonpriests as their direct representatives. Humans rebelled against the Dragonpriests' tyrannical rule and stopped their tribute. The Dragons retaliated, and the Dragon War began with horrible carnage on both sides until the three Tongues banished Alduin, and the humans started winning. The Akaviri Dragonguard mounted a crusade and killed many of them [http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Atlas_of_Dragons]. I believe the only reason they stopped is because they ran out of dragons.The dragons like Paarth who survived into the future did so because they went into hiding. Dragons ruled over men/mer, they would never agree to play taxi and ferry around their former slaves. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dragon_War
    Dragons, being dragons, embraced their role as god-kings over men. After all, were they not fashioned in Akatosh's own image? Were they not superior in every way to the hordes of small, soft creatures that worshipped them? For dragons, power equals truth. They had the power, so therefore it must be truth. Dragons granted small amounts of power to the dragon priests in exchange for absolute obedience. In turn, the dragon priests ruled men as equals to the kings. Dragons, of course, could not be bothered with actually ruling.

In Atmora, where Ysgramor and his people came from, the dragon priests demanded tribute and set down laws and codes of living that kept peace between dragons and men. In Tamriel, they were not nearly as benevolent. It's unclear if this was due to an ambitious dragon priest, or a particular dragon, or a series of weak kings. Whatever the cause, the dragon priests began to rule with an iron fist, making virtual slaves of the rest of the population.

When the populace rebelled, the dragon priests retaliated. When the dragon priests could not collect the tribute or control the masses, the dragons' response was swift and brutal. So it was the Dragon War began.

At first, men died by the thousands. The ancient texts reveal that a few dragons took the side of men. Why they did this is not known. The priests of the Nine Divines claim it was Akatosh himself that intervened. From these dragons men learned magics to use against dragons. The tide began to turn and dragons began to die too.

The war was long and bloody. The dragon priests were overthrown and dragons were slaughtered in large numbers. The surviving dragons scattered, choosing to live in remote places away from men. The dragon cult itself adapted and survived. They built the dragon mounds, entombing the remains of dragons that fell in the war. They believed that one day the dragons would rise again and reward the faithful.
    Edited by JKorr on January 3, 2018 3:27PM