The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did I miss my Templar's calling all this time?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
My Templar ever since I made her was a MagPlar, cause I loved magic and I enjoyed the Healing. But she just always seemed disadvantaged and clunky when it came to DPS. Couldn't get my Spell Damage up past 2400 and even then I had NO sustain. But lately I'd been thinking of trying to respec her as a Stamplar, cause she's a Khajiit. (extra 8% weapon Critical passive, woo..) And I just recently farmed out a couple full sets of Automaton. So, changed her into a Stamplar, put her in a 5pc Night Mother's Gaze, 5pc Automaton, 2pc Slimecraw, with an extra 3,100 Pen through Champion. And took her into Cyrodiil to rank up my Dual Wield.

And she's awesome. I don't even know why, maybe it's all the Pen I have now? Jabs and Spin to Win just melts other DDs. Is this why other people play StamPlars?
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slimecrawn is a wasted set in pve, use veli or Selenes.

2400 spell damage at base is about average for a mag dps too, you stack magic on mag dps, not spell Damage, you ought to have at least 40-45k max magic.

But yeah, khajiit is a Stam race so of course you are going to be better with a Stam based build.

My stamplar is also a khajiit, I use selenes, dragur Hull and endurance with master daggers and vMA bow. Have like 42k Stam, 3k weapon damage unbuffed, 58% crit. I know this is not the normal Stam build but my power of the light hits for 26k and can't crit so. With around 1k regen too.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2400 spell damage at base is about average for a mag dps too, you stack magic on mag dps, not spell Damage, you ought to have at least 40-45k max magic.

At best with my magic character's gear I can reach 40.5k, or 41k if I slot Meteor, Inner Light and wear Ancient's Grace. Magic is incredibly difficult to stack if you're not one of those Max Magic passive Races. It'd be really nice if Khajiit had a Max Stamina passive.

And Slimecraw is only wasted if you have a Healer giving you that buff and that's not constantly the case, especially when you're just doing PvE on your own.

I AM however surprised you can get your Stam up to 42k by just wearing Draugr Hulk. My StamPlar right now is only at 33k.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ArchMikem I didn't just get it that high by wearing hulk, I have the tower and am wearing a monster set that has max stam.

Like I said, 40-45k I'd average. Look like you had average stats for magic user. What sets did you have on? As far as I know, magplar dps is kinda crappy right now due to the way sweeps and radiant is being calculated. They are not getting the full benefits of the percentage scaling in the tool tip. Did you have a lightning staff and a fire staff? The correct skills on each bar?

I still think any armor set that gives a buff and doesnt give straight damage is a waste. In pve overland, it doesn't matter and in the only hard single content in the game, vMA, you need burst dps and slime is not that.

I don't use steel torando on my stamplar, I just lay down caltrops and endless and jab away in AOE situations.

Also ancients grace is crap. You are better off using a set that has 2 max magic bonuses. The 4% you get from it doesn't stack with other percentage bonus. And will power will give you more DPS.

Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on December 31, 2017 5:32AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just basic Julianos with Willpower and Ilambris on my Sorc. I have my Argonian Healer wear Ancients Grace.

So with your build youre stacking Max Stamina, does that work well in group PvE? How did you get your weapon damage to 3k without using the Warrior?

Edit: nevermind, i guess three gold glyphs is at least 500 damage right there. Apparently i cant do math. But then if thats the case for you how do you sustain?
    Edited by ArchMikem on December 31, 2017 6:26AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 1k regen and 42k Stam. Repentance works wonders most of the time. I have had my stamplar for a while. Repentance used to be great and scale off of your max stat. 10% to be exact, so I would get 4k+ Stam back.

I have a nirn main hand and an infused off hand. That is how I have 3k weapon damage.

Not sure what you mean by group, I have ran every single vet dungeon in the game and all trials but vet mol and AS on her, she does fine, 30-40k dps in trials, depending on how hard I try.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, i have the exact same weapons, in gold, and i get 2400 damage. Thats without any damage glyphs however.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...being a khajiit you will get a little better dps going stam vs magic obviously. It should be about 4% more power overall.

Something that might make you feel more powerful as a stamplar is that magic Templars take quite a bit more strategy to get major sorcery plus major prophesy. With a stamplar your jobs offer major savagery...so no problems sustaining it there, lol...and rally is a long lasting and easy source of major brutality. If you’re sustaining both of those buffs and maybe weren’t as much as a magic character, then you’re really going to feel it because they are significant.

Your setup sounds like a good start. Like the other poster said, slimecraw is a bit of an underperformer. (Although a stamplar might be a better use for it, since the berserk is nice and hard to get otherwise). velidreth might do better, or another strong dps set. You might also rethink night mother. It’s a good set...but the fifth trait is usually only strong when you have like a large boss with lots of dps coming in. Then the debuff pays off. Otherwise, and especially in pvp, you can get more mileage from other sets. Hundings rage or briarheart would probsbly perform better.